Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool - Page 7 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool

This is a discussion on Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 08-28-2017, 04:37 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd113
I was referring to being able to draft a full class of good players every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Ok yeah I hear ya, I think OMN's method is actually quite realistic, it's just that it probably works too good because it is in the confines of a programmed game. Like I said real life is not as predictive.

That said - I expect at least for now, the tool is not going to be quite as good as it was end of '17 because I'm guessing some of the rules will need tweaked as more information comes in.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:39 PM   #50
Rookie

The entire scouting system is the problem.

I shouldn't KNOW which players are going to be better. I shouldn't KNOW that 5th round Center is ganna be awesome.

They want it to be "finding gems" and it ends up just being "finding out where the good players actually are"

I'm not saying I know what the perfect system is. But this isn't it.

Old 08-28-2017, 05:05 PM   #51
Rookie

I think it could be "fixed" to some degree, if they just threw some more randomness into it.

For the most part, a B+ is a B+ for a scouted skill. It falls within a certain range, but you know that it falls in a certain range.

But what could fix that is if sometimes your scout is just flat out wrong. They say he is B+, but he's actually a C- or A+ (or whatever). It allows for more surprises (pleasant and bad) while still allowing the user to create a board based off of scouted skills and combine that is reasonably accurate.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:40 PM   #52
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
If you know all (or even generally some) of the rules that the tool uses, you can wait and enter the information later. Once I got more familiar with it, that is the approach I chose just to cut out having to enter them every week. I know he had a guide on a blog page that details how the tool actually works as far as when to continue and when to stop.
Link? Pretty please? Haha
Old 08-29-2017, 02:45 AM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
I think it could be "fixed" to some degree, if they just threw some more randomness into it.

For the most part, a B+ is a B+ for a scouted skill. It falls within a certain range, but you know that it falls in a certain range.

But what could fix that is if sometimes your scout is just flat out wrong. They say he is B+, but he's actually a C- or A+ (or whatever). It allows for more surprises (pleasant and bad) while still allowing the user to create a board based off of scouted skills and combine that is reasonably accurate.
Exactly that and some randomness in the preseason/first few weeks of the season.

You drafted a player with B+, then he plays absolutely fantastic in preseason and the first 2 weeks and you find out that actually he is A, but your scouts just underestimated his skill.

That would be the chance that you draft a guy with 70 OVR, but he can jump to 80 almost immediately and you got the steal of the draft. Of course that should work in the opposite direction too.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:46 AM   #54
Rookie

I'm very excited to try out this tool. So here is a stupid question. So I just plug in everyone that I scout throughout the season and that's it? Also, on older games for some reason I'm thinking I read somewhere that if there 1st scouted skill was a B or less then they weren't worth spending points on? Thanks in advance

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ighlights.html
Old 08-29-2017, 09:36 AM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purvis
I'm very excited to try out this tool. So here is a stupid question. So I just plug in everyone that I scout throughout the season and that's it? Also, on older games for some reason I'm thinking I read somewhere that if there 1st scouted skill was a B or less then they weren't worth spending points on? Thanks in advance

It depends on the skill and position. Omn I think is working on a new guide but if you look at the 2k18 guide you can get step by step of how the process works and what to look out for/avoid.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2017, 11:13 AM   #56
Pro

Has anyone found a fix to use this awesome tool in Sheets? Help!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »