Home

Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool

This is a discussion on Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2017, 08:08 PM   #561
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool - Version 6 Released!

Finally an awesome draft class in 2020. Started off with Dishman who I already have shown. I moved up again 5 spots at the end of the 1st to select a 2nd CB and ended up with the #5 player in OVR talent in the draft with McCarthy. Unfortunately McCarthy only had normal development, but he is already 82 OVR. I then drafted a backup QB that fell into the late 3rd round after having the draft story about pursuing a 2nd sport. Unfortunately this led to Slow development, but as a backup QB I can't complain. Landed a decent LG for depth. A decent depth pass rusher. And the steal of the draft was Wallace with Quick development at the end of the 5th. And then a 7th round flier on a 4-3 run stopper with a great combine turned into a 79 OVR DT.

And here are the WR and CBs I passed on that I was thinking of taking.

How was Hardwick DND in v6 of the draft sheet? I filled in the remaining two stats that I didn't scout based on his drafted stats. Maybe ELU would have been B-, but it still doesn't have him as a bluechip. Also putting in talent round of 1L doesn't change it from DND status either.

Last edited by Devaster; 12-29-2017 at 08:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2017, 08:14 PM   #562
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
Finally an awesome draft class in 2020. Started off with Dishman who I already have shown. I moved up again 5 spots at the end of the 1st to select a 2nd CB and ended up with the #5 player in OVR talent in the draft with McCarthy. Unfortunately McCarthy only had normal development, but he is already 82 OVR. I then drafted a backup QB that fell into the late 3rd round after having the draft story about pursuing a 2nd sport. Unfortunately this led to Slow development, but as a backup QB I can't complain. Landed a decent LG for depth. A decent depth pass rusher. And the steal of the draft was Wallace with Quick development at the end of the 5th. And then a 7th round flier on a 4-3 run stopper with a great combine turned into a 79 OVR DT.

How was Hardwick DND in v6 of the draft sheet? I filled in the remaining two stats that I didn't scout based on his drafted stats. Maybe ELU would have been B-, but it still doesn't have him as a bluechip. Also putting in talent round of 1L doesn't change it from DND status either.

Alexis!!!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2017, 08:32 PM   #563
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

His shuttle was .03 off the cut off for one cut HBs. That was for both blue chip and red chip. When a guy goes DND and it seems off you gotta investigate why and look at the TVR. TVR is usually a little more important then Blue/Red chip status.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2017, 08:39 PM   #564
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Funny how both those other CBs I passed on were Quick development. I still ended up with the 82 OVR though, so I can't complain.

Alexis' stats are absolutely insane. 93 AGI, 87 ELU, 90 JKM, and 84 BCV. His return stat sucks, otherwise he would probably be one of the league's best kick/punt returners as well.

Ventura with 91 ACC for a TE?

This 2020 draft was extremely top heavy in studs for WR and CB in the 1st round. I'll post my draft data in a bit. Still trying to track down which players were rated over my 82 OVR CB that was #5 in the draft. I found an 83 FB, 82 WR Alexis, and 82 TE Ventura. Couldn't find another 82+ player in the draft. Maybe it considers one of the 81 OVR players as a better talent.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:57 PM   #565
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Funny how both those other CBs I passed on were Quick development. I still ended up with the 82 OVR though, so I can't complain.

Alexis' stats are absolutely insane. 93 AGI, 87 ELU, 90 JKM, and 84 BCV. His return stat sucks, otherwise he would probably be one of the league's best kick/punt returners as well.

Ventura with 91 ACC for a TE?

This 2020 draft was extremely top heavy in studs for WR and CB in the 1st round. I'll post my draft data in a bit. Still trying to track down which players were rated over my 82 OVR CB that was #5 in the draft. I found an 83 FB, 82 WR Alexis, and 82 TE Ventura. Couldn't find another 82+ player in the draft. Maybe it considers one of the 81 OVR players as a better talent.
The only way to get the true ovr rating is to click on each player. If just looking from the draft recap screen it'll reflect ovrs based off of your teams player scheme selection.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2017, 09:01 PM   #566
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
The only way to get the true ovr rating is to click on each player. If just looking from the draft recap screen it'll reflect ovrs based off of your teams player scheme selection.

I already checked everything and know that. There was an 83 FB, 82 WR, 82 TE, and my 82 CB. And my player was ranked #5 in the draft. Couldn't find a 5th player. There was another blocking FB rated 81 OVR in FA. In addition to a bunch of drafted 80-81 OVR players.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:12 PM   #567
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Here is the draft data - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

1st round QBs, WRs, and CBs were all solid with a few studs. Only one of them was Slow development. And one of the QBs was 70 OVR with SS development. 1st round TEs were great.

DE, DT, OLB, MLB, FS, and SS were all relatively weak in this draft. Unless it was a 1st round prospect for any position they were mostly trash in the draft. A few late round gems, but not many. Really makes building depth at positions besides OLine difficult. It was nice to see a couple late round gems for a couple positions like the 7th round WR Soto and the 6th round SS Davis, both with Quick development.

I made a guess that the HB Simmons was the player that suffered the "Major Injury" story. I think he was a 1st rounder and probably even more studly before the injury. Fell a round and Slow development.

Casey Hovan was the player with the story about pursuing a 2nd sport. It is a negative story. Dropped exactly a round in the draft and ended up being 77 OVR with Slow development.

I'm really surprised at the lack of later round gems or even depth guys at the HB position. I believe all 3 drafts in this CFM haven't had any decent HB prospects outside of the first two rounds. In the NFL we see a lot of starters and backups come from the later rounds or UDFA's. I'm not seeing that at all in M18. Maybe I've just had 3 really bad HB drafts. Unless you draft a HB in the first round or two you end up with a 66-69 OVR guy. Nothing in the 72-76 range.

Last edited by Devaster; 12-29-2017 at 10:38 PM.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:20 PM   #568
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9

You ROCK, sir. My only beef with this tool is that as a math geek, giving me lots of data is always a bad idea.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »