Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool - Page 9 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool

This is a discussion on Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2017, 08:17 PM   #65
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2015
Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool

Does this work on mobile?

If not, could someone send to me unzipped?

EDIT: Got it to work on phone, but it's a little too trippy. Might have to go old fashioned and use computer


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Trained2Survive; 08-30-2017 at 08:45 PM.
Trained2Survive is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:55 AM   #66
Rookie
 
Old Man Nathy's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2015
Re: Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by afabrain
Hi OMN, I followed your M17 CFM experience with the 49ers last year and mirrored it for my own personal challenge by following the same rules and using the same sliders. What sliders are you using this year so far?(Obviously we're just getting started!)



Another question I had, I've done two draft classes with the M18 tool and I've noticed there are a few players that have fairly high TVR but still are classified as do not draft, and it generally seems to be as a DE or OLB where this occurs. From memory,(I forgot to screen shot, shame on me) one was the 30th(ish) ranked player on my draft board which I thought was odd, though I lost track of him through the draft to see what his actual OVR and traits were. Is it normal to have high(ish) TVR player fall under Do Not Draft?


Yeah it's relatively common. At this point (when I'm still nailing down the blue/red chip checks) i would be inclined to use the TVR as a more reliable guide of a player's ability.
__________________

v5 released 24th August 2017! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old Man Nathy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:56 AM   #67
Rookie
 
Old Man Nathy's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2015
Re: Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trained2Survive
Does this work on mobile?

If not, could someone send to me unzipped?

EDIT: Got it to work on phone, but it's a little too trippy. Might have to go old fashioned and use computer


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports


It's not really designed for mobile but it will technically work when you unzip it. But yeah, the user experience will be pretty appalling on a small screen. Should imagine it works ok on tablet though.
__________________

v5 released 24th August 2017! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old Man Nathy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:32 AM   #68
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2016
Re: Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by afabrain
Another question I had, I've done two draft classes with the M18 tool and I've noticed there are a few players that have fairly high TVR but still are classified as do not draft, and it generally seems to be as a DE or OLB where this occurs. From memory,(I forgot to screen shot, shame on me) one was the 30th(ish) ranked player on my draft board which I thought was odd, though I lost track of him through the draft to see what his actual OVR and traits were. Is it normal to have high(ish) TVR player fall under Do Not Draft?
The decision between blue chip, red chip and do not draft is based on some traits right? So for example if a DE runs the 40y slower than 4.9 then the tool says do not draft? So basically a knock-out criteria triggered. That's what I remember from last year's version.

So in this case the rules may need a slight adjustment or just overwrite it. If that's ok for you, then draft him.
ParaAut is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:41 AM   #69
Rookie
 
Old Man Nathy's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2015
Re: Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaAut
The decision between blue chip, red chip and do not draft is based on some traits right? So for example if a DE runs the 40y slower than 4.9 then the tool says do not draft? So basically a knock-out criteria triggered. That's what I remember from last year's version.

So in this case the rules may need a slight adjustment or just overwrite it. If that's ok for you, then draft him.


Please be hesitant when tweaking the checks yourself. They're based on a heck of a lot of testing and data, and you might end up changing them based on a statistical outlier rather than a value that is usually guaranteed to indicate a good player.
__________________

v5 released 24th August 2017! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old Man Nathy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:37 AM   #70
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2016
Re: Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool

So does anyone know how I could open this tool in my excel on my iPhone?


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
cityofchampions is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:28 AM   #71
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2008
Re: Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool

I will check it out. Thank you sir. I've done one 10 year sim so far and had one crazy class of QB's in the 2nd or 3rd year. There are six or eight 90+ CPU-controlled QB's in their 8th season. There is a 99 CPU-controlled 5'9" WR in his 3rd season. Also a 97 CPU WR in his 3rd season. That was a good year for WR's.

Do names carry over for drafts for everyone like they did years ago? Or is everything randomized?
Devaster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:39 AM   #72
Pro
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Mar 2006
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool

I love this tool. I used the Madden 17 one last year in both online and offline franchises, and I think I only drafted 3 players under 70, in about 10 total drafts. And 2 of those were because there were no more players on my board left.

Just curious though, in my current offline franchise, I have scouted ALL WR, and TE, and there are only 3 WR listed as potential Blue/Red Chip Prospects (All 1st rounders) and only ONE TE listed as a potential blue/red chip prospect. All others are "do not draft"

Is this just a fluke draft, or is there some tweaking needed for the WR/TE positions?
ktd1976 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM.

Top -