Home

Madden NFL 18's Connected Franchise Mode Comes Up Short: Here's Why

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18's Connected Franchise Mode Comes Up Short: Here's Why within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2017, 04:25 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18's Connected Franchise Mode Comes Up Short: Here's Why

so dusty at this point that it might as well be covered in cobwebs. that sums it up perfectly
Old 08-24-2017, 04:53 PM   #34
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
It annoys me as someone who is a fan of Madden that resources were taken away from that game to make another game. *EA makes money hand over fist, but went cheep on the development of Madden this cycle. *Seems like thier focus was on making NBA Live viable. *Fine so be it, but why not hire more developers a year ago when you knew that was the focus. *Why take talent from another AAA IP and not replace it?
If I am being 100% candid my 32 man CFM is the only reason I purchased Madden this year. *I enjoy the guys in that league and the time I spend shooting the **** and playing games with them. *That was the only reason EA got my money this year. Don't know if that will be enough next year....

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 08-24-2017, 04:56 PM   #35
Rookie

SPEAK! *Great read...I couldn't agree more. *Give us a weekly wrap-up show!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 05:27 PM   #36
MVP

Toupal's Arena

I think it is safe to say that this company bit off more than it can chew when they snabbed the exclusive NFL rights.

With the death of NCAA, they are the only football game on the new generation of consoles. They are in the spotlight, and as opposed to using that spotlight to show off what they can do, people are noticing how in over their heads they are.

They have a hard enough time keeping NBA Live afloat, let along Madden. Now they are going all in by anchoring NBA Live to Madden?
Old 08-24-2017, 07:33 PM   #37
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
I was about to make the purcahse after trying the franshise mode and reading this article. Going to hold off until it's free on EA Access. No reason why we can't have a better and deeper franchise mode. A weekly wrap-up show like they've done with NBA Live 2018 would have suffice.

EA needs to look at NFL 2K5 and how that was done. EA continues to disappoint with Madden.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:00 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

Glad that I read this thread... if I do decide to purchase the game, it will be next summer when the price drops and all of the patching is completed...

Thanks for the heads up
Old 08-24-2017, 08:05 PM   #39
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

CFM has a long ways to go to compete with other sports franchise modes. I feel if it remains CFM (connected) it may never reach that point. The idea of combining player, coach, and gm/owner into a singular mode wasn't a bad idea, but perhaps it lowered the amount of resources available to put into franchise mode, since single changes now effect three modes instead of one.

With the modes being combined it may also limit what changes can be made. We want realistic contracts, better offseason experiences, more complexity overall. But more complexity means much more balancing between the modes, if adding depth to GM/Owner modes causes issues with the player experience, perhaps the changes are delayed or dropped?

I like the small changes made this year to CFM; preseason changes (varied starter play time and only one cut day), better trade balancing (difficult to perfect for any sports game), more automation choices (don't know how auto trades work but 32-team control may become easier this year). Draft board isn't a big change (slightly altered watch list) but being able to rank is a good first step.

I, like others, wish for sweeping changes. Something that makes us go 'WOW', but I don't think it's a realistic approach with the current system of combined modes. Everything has to move in the same direction, so as long as they continue to add and tweak, we are at least moving in the right direction, if only very slowly.

PS - I hate the UI of CFM, but I will gladly suffer through it if that means more time on tweaks. Changing the UI for the sake of changing, and not including features/additional information (expanded stats, historical stats, updated news feed, etc.) is not high on my list.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:11 PM   #40
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yurpman
Get used to it, folks. The ultimate team modes are the money makers and thus where a majority of the attention will be focused at, at least when it comes to EA. The best franchise mode hands down is the NBA2K series. And NBA2K still has its own ultimate team mode. So it shows you can have the best of both worlds if you aren't lazy. Take notes EA.
MUT is a goldmine for EA and it gets deeper and deeper every year. But if the above statement were true, Longshot wouldn't be in this years game. They aren't going to make money off of Longshot like they do with MUT. MUT has its own resources/team that works on it, it has little effect on what happens with CFM. CFM received little attention this year because of Longshot and NBA Live not because of MUT.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »