Home

Old 09-05-2017, 05:43 AM   #145
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Is the Defense Broken??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Just in case anyone might be interested in this video, but may have missed it in another thread, here is Zan's Corner, going over the individual defensive hot routes for each position. Shows how you can make hybrid coverage schemes and roll coverage..

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/169468810

This video was brilliant- never knew half of the information. I honestly noticed a few different options but to hear the capabilities and visually see how tricky things can get

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 10:26 PM   #146
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is the Defense Broken??

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoribas3
These devs should be ashamed, seriously. I don't know what happened in the development of this game this year, but its unnaceptable a football game being released like this. The NFL should be ashamed as well for allowing this company to have exclusivity?!

Don't blame the devs, blame the publisher. Guarantee you EA's pushing them to release far too early, which probably explains why they don't have time to test the game, fix last year's and the previous' issues, etc. I heard Rex is a pretty chill guy and I'm willing to believe it unless proven otherwise.

I do agree that they need some serious opposition, though, like 2K had with Live. As a result, 2K is about to release arguably one of their more ambitious titles of NBA 2K. Lmao, all that monopoly-busting back in the 1920s gone to waste by video games.

[i] alright alright allllriiiiiiiight [i]
Old 09-05-2017, 10:45 PM   #147
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm0ney2001
The rumor was that the defense was nerfed for all the casuals that were buying the game this year bc of long shot. Our only hope is that the patch fixes it. This game makes me sick.
I listened to every video put out by gamechangers and every one said the defense was amazing at EA PLAY.

Then a week before release they were invited down to EA again and they all said the defense was nerfed.

After reading Rex's tweets I don't think they will change much, because statically speaking people are throwing more interceptions per game (new players? ).

I say let them play arcade mode. I want corners and safeties to cover, and QB's to miss passes.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:00 PM   #148
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
I listened to every video put out by gamechangers and every one said the defense was amazing at EA PLAY.

Then a week before release they were invited down to EA again and they all said the defense was nerfed.

After reading Rex's tweets I don't think they will change much, because statically speaking people are throwing more interceptions per game (new players? ).

I say let them play arcade mode. I want corners and safeties to cover, and QB's to miss passes.
This!
Why is this discussion even happening? We "supposedly" have 3 different modes. They are supposed to play 3 very distinct and different ways.
Each is SUPPOSED to be tuned seperated so changes to 1 doesn't affect the others.
Sim means simulation, which SHOULD most closely represent what we see on Sundays, period.
If these modes somehow affect one another, then we DO NOT have 3 different working mode of play.
And NOBODY should care about the other 2 modes that they don't play.
Again, all of this is predicated on there BEING 3 different modes of gameplay, which I'm beginning to doubt work.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2017, 12:06 AM   #149
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

This game is quickly becoming not fun because of the issues on the defensive side of the ball. I'm using the same team I used last year (Bears) and they have pretty much the same guys on defense and I went from being above average in defense last year to the worst in the league
Old 09-06-2017, 12:15 AM   #150
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig

Yep pimp, i saw the same vids you did. The Gamechangers said they were like... wth happened to this game? Hopefully the patch will bring the game back to where it was.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »