Home

Is the Defense Broken??

This is a discussion on Is the Defense Broken?? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2017, 01:16 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Is the Defense Broken??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
That is incorrect sir.

This "Year of The User" approach has made its way into to 'Coach Mode' too -- but it seems to be tied to difficulty settings.

On Pro, the highlighted defender will move without your input.
On All-Pro, the highlighted defender will not move without your input, but as you said you can hold L1 and the defender will perform his assignment.
On All-Madden, the highlighted defender will not move without your input even if you hold L1.

*NOTE: None of this applies to defensive linemen because they auto-engage as soon as the ball is snapped -- but they won't perform any swim or power moves without your input.

I really hope this is all a series of bugs and not a design decision, because as a 'Coach Mode' gamer it's really bumming me out.
I stand corrected - I wasn't aware it was tied to difficulty, but that does seem to be the case after checking it out. By now you'd think I would know better than to assume EA Tib's design decisions would make logical sense.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:45 AM   #18
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Both defnses play better when set to competitive
Old 08-25-2017, 01:51 AM   #19
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suvorov
I saved the replay. My defensive back never moved at all. I fon't get it. It seems like more people would be noticing this. I have no clue if my game didn;t download properly or what.
this happened to me once and then i started to realize something...... i notice that sometimes when u have the user controller on a defender especially a corner or safety or backer, he wont move, like pre play i switched to a safety once.. didnt even move him around.. and on the snap he just stood there its almost like we cant just click on a defender and let the cpu still control. him
Old 08-25-2017, 05:27 AM   #20
MVP

XxKnicksRules215xX's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by teewee
What system?

Sent from my Z981 using Operation Sports mobile app
Xbox one S.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:30 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
Check out what happened to this guy.
What kind of coverage was the db playing again lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 06:10 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 7

Zone coverage is horrible. I found a play that can beat any coverage because zone won't cover certain routes. Man defense and zone suffer from the lack of passrush. I watched a streamer run the same 5 wide play all game because the defense won't guard certain routes.
Old 08-25-2017, 08:26 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
That is incorrect sir.

This "Year of The User" approach has made its way into to 'Coach Mode' too -- but it seems to be tied to difficulty settings.

On Pro, the highlighted defender will move without your input.
On All-Pro, the highlighted defender will not move without your input, but as you said you can hold L1 and the defender will perform his assignment.
On All-Madden, the highlighted defender will not move without your input even if you hold L1.

*NOTE: None of this applies to defensive linemen because they auto-engage as soon as the ball is snapped -- but they won't perform any swim or power moves without your input.

I really hope this is all a series of bugs and not a design decision, because as a 'Coach Mode' gamer it's really bumming me out.
Agree with your sentiment 100%. What the hell were they thinking here? I submitted this as a bug, thinking it was at first, but now it's clear they did it on purpose. Don't know where they got user feedback about that, because I guarantee if they spoke to Coach Mode players not one of them would have told them to do this. And if you do it for whatever ridiculous reason (because I can't think of one), then at least give your customers an option to switch it back/turn it off. I hope they address this in a future patch.
Old 08-25-2017, 08:32 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKnicksRules215xX
Roethlisberger just went 33 for 35 for 541 yards, 5 TD. I play simulation, 15 minute quarters default sliders. I couldn't do a damn thing against him.
This is really disappointing for me. This was the year QBs were supposed to miss more passes in Simulation mode... And now you have even more ridiculous accuracy. I wonder if the 2 incompletions were both interceptions like last season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »