Home

Old 08-26-2017, 12:10 AM   #41
Rookie

wanescotting's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is the Defense Broken??

I have only played the intro while the rest downloaded, but guess what I saw?

I picked the perfect defense and Brady IMMEDIATELY threw the ball away...sam crap as last year. Ugh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2017, 03:02 AM   #42
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

I really hate to say it but defense is completely broken. It doesn't work except for the rare couple of plays a game that it does. Yet again the flats are always open no matter what is called. I'll admit that I've seen more interceptions in 18 so far than I did in 17. For instance I had two pick sixes against Aaron Rodgers in my Falcons franchise. The problem is when you have a guy like Trubinsky throwing for 500+ yards and 5 tds and no ints because he can hit the flats on every play no matter what version of cover 2, cover 3, cover 2 man, cover 1, watch outside or watch LOS, press, etc. and can usually break out of the first lineman attempting to sack him. Plus slants are just outright broken right now, unless you cover the slant yourself it's completed 99% of the time and the only time it's not is usually an overthrow due to pressure. Plus ballcarrier moves are way too overpowered. There is no way that every single time a receiver cuts 3 guys that are about to tackle him just fall over. I love the feel of the updated ballcarrier moves but they are just way too effective right now at this point.

I love the fact that we have coaching adjustments and that we can now have our corners cover who we want based on diferent factors such as overall or speed. That being said there are clear indicators that defense needs to be tweaked and I'm not even touching on some of the clear glitches other people have posted. All I know is that as someone who basis their defense around man defense, I shouldn't be afraid to call man in a situation that calls for it simply because it just doesn't work to an acceptable capacity.

Edit: For reference I'm playing on simulation all pro, I would understand the above if I was playing on arcade mode but this should just not be the case on simulation at all.

Last edited by Ampking101; 08-26-2017 at 04:01 AM.
Old 08-26-2017, 06:05 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroznYogurt
Is intercepting the ball even possible on Sim mode? I just played the opening Super Bowl matchup, All-Pro, 6 minute quarters and lost 50-52 to my brother. Devin McCourty dropped 9 easy interceptions by himself alone and I'm positive I had over 20 dropped interceptions total.
My first game I had a user pick with my MLB.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:44 PM   #44
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

I've managed to play some really good defense in the 4-5 games I've played so far. I held the Steelers to 12 points. Held the Bills to 9, but I'm on All Madden (Sim) so take that with a grain of salt.

I know last year when I decided to venture online again, the game felt completely different to me having to play on All-Pro. Zones were useless, the pass rush was non-existant, so I'm not discounting issues anyone else may be having. But I'm not seeing the plethora of problems on All-Madden. The QB's scramble, the coverage is solid, and I'm able to get all kinds of pressure with 4 men.

I still see that man coverage issue where the defender won't transition smoothly to keep up with the receiver breaks.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:58 PM   #45
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I've managed to play some really good defense in the 4-5 games I've played so far. I held the Steelers to 12 points. Held the Bills to 9, but I'm on All Madden (Sim) so take that with a grain of salt.

I know last year when I decided to venture online again, the game felt completely different to me having to play on All-Pro. Zones were useless, the pass rush was non-existant, so I'm not discounting issues anyone else may be having. But I'm not seeing the plethora of problems on All-Madden. The QB's scramble, the coverage is solid, and I'm able to get all kinds of pressure with 4 men.

I still see that man coverage issue where the defender won't transition smoothly to keep up with the receiver breaks.
I might have to try jumping to all madden sooner than usual. What I usually do is I play on all-pro until I have gotten used to the new mechanics and am winning so regularly that it is no longer a challenge and then make the jump. I'm having super high scoring games because of the defense issues though so I might just go ahead and give it a shot if that is the case because currently with these issues the game is on the cusp of unplayable for me.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2017, 01:17 PM   #46
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakevin
I've logged in only 2 games and I've seen several occasions where safeties just sit and do nothing.... this is a total bummer.
sliders fix this....i constantly throw 3 or more pics a game making throws i could get away with last year....i see everyone talking about the pass defense...and idk...the slider tweaks ive used has made it much more challenging...

and i have video proof...lots of it.

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 08-26-2017, 01:20 PM   #47
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
I might have to try jumping to all madden sooner than usual. What I usually do is I play on all-pro until I have gotten used to the new mechanics and am winning so regularly that it is no longer a challenge and then make the jump. I'm having super high scoring games because of the defense issues though so I might just go ahead and give it a shot if that is the case because currently with these issues the game is on the cusp of unplayable for me.

Yeah, I haven't had any shootouts yet, but I don't do anything special. I keep my gameplans pretty simple. Keep the blitzing to a minimum. Focus on taking the run away first. Just turn the pass rush up to Aggressive and make 'em string together a long drive.

If you're using the Falcons, the one thing I don't like is they have Brooks Reed starting at left end, then when you go to Nickel, the package is defaulted to LOLB pass rush to keep Beasley on the field, which will slide Reed over to defensive tackle. So, I have to change the depth chart around to get Hagemen on that side and Takk McKinley on the other in base.
Old 08-26-2017, 01:39 PM   #48
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Yeah, I haven't had any shootouts yet, but I don't do anything special. I keep my gameplans pretty simple. Keep the blitzing to a minimum. Focus on taking the run away first. Just turn the pass rush up to Aggressive and make 'em string together a long drive.

If you're using the Falcons, the one thing I don't like is they have Brooks Reed starting at left end, then when you go to Nickel, the package is defaulted to LOLB pass rush to keep Beasley on the field, which will slide Reed over to defensive tackle. So, I have to change the depth chart around to get Hagemen on that side and Takk McKinley on the other in base.
Yeah what I ended up doing is swapping it for Takkarist Mckinnley and Adrian Clayborn so Clay in moved on the inside and Takk is on the end. A little undersized for a 4-3 DT but he is a good run stopper. Every once in awhile I will sub in Poe there on obvious rushing situations.

I don't blitz very often and when I do it is usually only to change things up and I only have been doing zone blitzes because man just doesn't hold. I've changed the pass rush to aggressive but it didn't seem to make very much of a difference in the actually pass rushing just more penalties. That said most of my games are 30+ I even had a 60 point score game. I've played about 8 games so far and I only lost 2 and it was because my my defense was completely ineffective even when I called the right plays in OT (insert 28-3 joke here). So it's at least worth a shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »