Home

Old 08-26-2017, 05:57 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Is the Defense Broken??

I can not tell you how disappointed I am with EA. I play offline franchise with POTM, All Pro and I have never seen this poor of a defense in all the years of Madden. Play after play WR and TE are wide open. No one with in 5 to 10 yds of them, especially over the middle. No touch passes, Every QB has a rifle bullet pass. There is no coverage, Long passes are almost automatic. It's catch, chase, and tackle. Run plays are either stopped at the line, for a loss or are 60 yd TD runs. In 9 games, there has been a long TD run in every game I have played and usually a long TD pass down the side line with the defender 10 yds behind.

It is truly pathetic. M17 didn't play this bad. No matter what adjustments I make to the sliders, nothing changes. I have set both the defensive pass sliders to 99 for cpu and my own with no noticeable change.

When the QB does miss a pass, there is no receiver in sight, I have only seen one or two throw a way's and the majority of QB are statues. The just stand there perfectly motionless until they are sacked. It is totally ridiculous how this ever got released. sack after sack.

And once again, the shanked punt issue has returned. How the heck can this be patched last year and return this year and finally after certain plays like like Fg's or TD's in POTM the game freezes up again.

I thought after last year with all the problems and issues, EA would really put forth an effort. Once again, All I can do is wait for a patch, It is truly sad. I was looking so forward too Madden this year. I hope those of you that play the game in different modes have a better experience. As far as SIM mode, CPU vs CPU and POTM.. This game fails for now at least for me. And yes, I have tried many different sliders. And yes, 9 full games in Franchise mode is a small sample, but I have played many half games doing experiments and it don't take that many to see the same scenario time after time.
Old 08-26-2017, 06:24 PM   #50
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

I know that a fixia coming but I don't find the defense as bad as many seem to make when I used a defender. Don't even have to user the MLB; I find that even manually pressing a wr can cause the CPU to make bad throws .

All about usering.
Old 08-26-2017, 06:35 PM   #51
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Not sure why no one is listening. If you are on sim try out competitive mode vs CPU. There is a huge difference in your CPU players. Not nearly as dumb. Trust me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2017, 06:40 PM   #52
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
sliders fix this....i constantly throw 3 or more pics a game making throws i could get away with last year....i see everyone talking about the pass defense...and idk...the slider tweaks ive used has made it much more challenging...

and i have video proof...lots of it.

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app
Going to look into your sliders; as I am doing my own simulation project. but in subject: I am with the field I have played 3 CFM games and 2 play now games since last night. CPU : Tyrod Taylor / Big Ben/ Flacco/ Luck/ Cutler all threw for over 250 yards in first half. Flacco was the lowest 332yds on 16 completions.

My issue is these guys are racking up like 18-30 yards per attempt or completion. Dont get me wrong I am happy more QBs are actually throwing ball down the field.

Visually I am seeing the defense play cement or quick sand style defense. The dont move in zones. They dont play anything that runs through their zone and goes deeper they just stand flat foot. and Coverage on deep routes primarily goes. They are way to separated.

Everybody knows on go routes you ride the hip I will post a picture. These guys on defense stay 4-5 yards on top of go routes. So when they break back to QB they always have 8-12 yards of separation. That is really bugging me the most. They dont stay on WR hip/

Overall just not thrilled with pass coverage. They are clunky unresponsive and refuse to stay with any reciever. Zone is the worst

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 08-26-2017, 07:20 PM   #53
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
Going to look into your sliders; as I am doing my own simulation project. but in subject: I am with the field I have played 3 CFM games and 2 play now games since last night. CPU : Tyrod Taylor / Big Ben/ Flacco/ Luck/ Cutler all threw for over 250 yards in first half. Flacco was the lowest 332yds on 16 completions.

My issue is these guys are racking up like 18-30 yards per attempt or completion. Dont get me wrong I am happy more QBs are actually throwing ball down the field.

Visually I am seeing the defense play cement or quick sand style defense. The dont move in zones. They dont play anything that runs through their zone and goes deeper they just stand flat foot. and Coverage on deep routes primarily goes. They are way to separated.

Everybody knows on go routes you ride the hip I will post a picture. These guys on defense stay 4-5 yards on top of go routes. So when they break back to QB they always have 8-12 yards of separation. That is really bugging me the most. They dont stay on WR hip/

Overall just not thrilled with pass coverage. They are clunky unresponsive and refuse to stay with any reciever. Zone is the worst

everyone jacking up the pass reaction and coverage slider....

and in years passed its been reversed...and thats my belief this year...

which is why my set has both at 5...and passing isnt cake!! lol

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 08-27-2017, 01:22 AM   #54
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
everyone jacking up the pass reaction and coverage slider....

and in years passed its been reversed...and thats my belief this year...

which is why my set has both at 5...and passing isnt cake!! lol

This has been on all pro and all madden defaults

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 08-27-2017, 01:59 AM   #55
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
I'll admit that I've seen more interceptions in 18 so far than I did in 17.
If there was one request I wanted the company to ignore, it was the Madden fan base that felt like defensive players shouldn't drop as many catches as they do. I never understood this especially with how many INTs you can throw a game anyway. I think the EA team actually making it easier for the defense to get a pick was an awful idea.

I didn't get the game this year, but my friends told me they are also seeing way too many INTs now. See far it really does look like a no-buy for me, esp with all that I'm hearing and the fact CFM was not touched.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2017, 02:10 AM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
If there was one request I wanted the company to ignore, it was the Madden fan base that felt like defensive players shouldn't drop as many catches as they do. I never understood this especially with how many INTs you can throw a game anyway. I think the EA team actually making it easier for the defense to get a pick was an awful idea.

I didn't get the game this year, but my friends told me they are also seeing way too many INTs now. See far it really does look like a no-buy for me, esp with all that I'm hearing and the fact CFM was not touched.
Your friends are wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »