Old 08-27-2017, 08:03 AM   #57
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is the Defense Broken??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger Jack
Your friends are wrong.
I'm not sure how. This is about their experience added to the fact that EA said they've made dropped INTs less of a factor. It's not really about who's right or wrong, now whether they suck or not is a different question lol.

But EA did say they implemented more INTs being caught than dropped and the post I quoted as well as my friends first experiences with it doesn't give me much confidence that the INT tweaks were a good thing. I know the coverage is still bad, but that's different.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-27-2017, 08:25 AM   #58
Rookie

I can see where others are saying that zone coverage is broken. I've experienced weak coverage in the middle of the field to where I've wondered where my defenders weren't anywhere nearby. I've also seen zone cov beaten by go routes in the soft spot. Could part of the change be that the CPU AI has the ability to read the defense and look to the soft spots?

While I haven't been thrilled by zone defense I have been pleased by the reaction to the ball when its in the air. I've experience several times where the CPU defender in a zone breaks down to meet my receiver in the flat. I like that because drag routes were way too easy in M17.

Overall I'm finding myself usering CB's and safeties more in this version. Also calling a lot more cover 2 man as it seems most effective.

Overall, I like the changes to M18, I think the CPU defense is more of a challenge - at least right now. I play a lot, don't profess to be an expert player, mostly CFM with a few friends on All-Pro at default sliders. My stick skills leave something to be desired and I'm not quick enough to make all the pre-play adjustments I want. My impression is that these last two traits matter in M18 more than M17. M18 is a good challenge for me.

Just curious - is it possible to play a CFM in competitive mode? Has anyone tried it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2017, 10:37 AM   #59
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I've managed to play some really good defense in the 4-5 games I've played so far. I held the Steelers to 12 points. Held the Bills to 9, but I'm on All Madden (Sim) so take that with a grain of salt.

I know last year when I decided to venture online again, the game felt completely different to me having to play on All-Pro. Zones were useless, the pass rush was non-existant, so I'm not discounting issues anyone else may be having. But I'm not seeing the plethora of problems on All-Madden. The QB's scramble, the coverage is solid, and I'm able to get all kinds of pressure with 4 men.

I still see that man coverage issue where the defender won't transition smoothly to keep up with the receiver breaks.
Does All Madden Sim have any of the former All Madden "cheese" that can randomly lock up the USER controls or lead to inexplicable big plays by the CPU, etc?

If not, then this is definitely the way I'd go...

Thanks!
Old 08-27-2017, 10:44 AM   #60
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
Check out what happened to this guy.
In this play the defense is clearly flipped. I wonder what the pre-play coverage art showed on the field. Breeland had the slot and Dunbar had the outside WR. A defensive play flip might have fixed it but I get it. It's stupid to even have to do that but it's been in madden for years.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Operation Sports mobile app

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 08-27-2017, 10:57 AM   #61
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

The video displaying breeland and redskins switching sides guarding man can also be replicated. I don't think it's necessarily a bug. I do think it's poor AI..

So here is the case : typical in a no huddle scenario by the offense or even an audible is how this starts.

Secondly some times doing a coverage audible > "base align " have your men covering players they are in terrible position. See when you "base align their assignments don't always change as the defense moves..

Mark it up as blown coverage even tho realistic they would guard man over them whether they know proper assignment or not it happens.

I don't agree they should run across the field but like I said that's an AI issue.

Overall it's a blown coverage not a bug it's been in the game for years

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2017, 11:20 AM   #62
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 08-27-2017, 11:31 AM   #63
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

The more I play the more i realize the zones aren't the issue it's the defenders lack of reaction to passes. Defenders don't react until the ball is halfway to the intended receiver. I know the devs want to separate elite defenders from average but there has to be a better way.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:40 AM   #64
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Does All Madden Sim have any of the former All Madden "cheese" that can randomly lock up the USER controls or lead to inexplicable big plays by the CPU, etc?

If not, then this is definitely the way I'd go...

Thanks!
There are still some frustrating issues that need to be corrected. There are a few match coverages that aren't functioning properly, where guys are being turned loose. I mentioned the issue I saw in man. Quarterbacks will scramble on you a lot more but the guys that don't have the trait; like I played against the Bears last night and Glennon was pretty stationary.

You'd have to be specific if we're talking "cheese". The only thing that I'd say would be CPU cheesy so far that jumped out to me is the CPU defensive line vs. your running game. But even with that, setting your line to block aggressive and making sure you've got the right play called against the right front will mitigate a good bit of that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »