Home

All Madden is still CPU cheese.

This is a discussion on All Madden is still CPU cheese. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2017, 05:20 AM   #1
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6
All Madden is still CPU cheese.

Title says it all. Brian Hoyer not missing on a pass till the 4th quarter, my defenders in man to man blitzing or covering someone else entirely, cpu shedding blocks as soon as you hand it off.
Seriously, how does anyone play on this garbage cheese difficulty?
A bunch of my buddies are starting an online cfm on all madden but I don't think I'd win a game against the cpu.
Suggestions, anyone? They won't use sliders, so that's out the window.
I want to be apart of the league, but I can't handle losing because the cpu is cheese.

Sent from my VS995 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 05:48 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: All Madden is still CPU cheese.

You may need to come to terms that maybe you just aren't that good at the game.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:07 AM   #3
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I'd be fine with that, if that was the case. I'm not a pro by any means, but I'm not garbage.
When I can't run the ball with the cowboys against the browns because the d line is throwing the o line around like rag dolls... Something is wrong besides me.
Dez Bryant shucked Joe Haden off the line in press coverage, no safety help, and Joe stumbles halfway to the sideline before magically turning full sprint on dime to recover, Sprint at super speed and get passed Dez on a catch that was slightly over thrown.
You're telling me that isn't cheese?

Old 08-25-2017, 07:38 AM   #4
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

I couldn't say, but with some slider adjustments All Madden is working pretty well for me so far.

And given the much raree statue qbs in All Madden that I've seen so far, slider adjustments+All Madden might be essential.
Old 08-25-2017, 08:00 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic88
I'd be fine with that, if that was the case. I'm not a pro by any means, but I'm not garbage.
When I can't run the ball with the cowboys against the browns because the d line is throwing the o line around like rag dolls... Something is wrong besides me.
Dez Bryant shucked Joe Haden off the line in press coverage, no safety help, and Joe stumbles halfway to the sideline before magically turning full sprint on dime to recover, Sprint at super speed and get passed Dez on a catch that was slightly over thrown.
You're telling me that isn't cheese?

This is something the community must learn to accept. Not being good enough to play on all madden DOES NOT mean you are garbage. I don't know if it is an ego thing or what that cause people to think they must be able to win at all madden.

You say you are not a pro, but not garbage either. That sounds like a description for an all pro level user.

If we see the gameplay footage there could be legit football reasons you struggle. You could also be right, I have no way of knowing which is true, and it is nothing against you, but over my years on this forum I've learned to stop giving users the benefit of the doubt.

There are users who can run against the AI on all madden. There are users who can punish the AI for pressing. Are they out cheesing the AI? Do they have a different Madden than you? Or is it simply a matter of knowing when to run, when to press, etc.

To win at all madden requires above average stick skills and above average football knowledge, to go along with Madden knowledge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 08:39 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Anybody who has played Madden for a long time can admit that the CPU on All Madden is just all cheese. That doesn't mean they're necessarily hard, just cheap. I played All Madden for most of Madden '17 and rarely lost, but you still knew the CPU was just junk difficulty.

The Madden CPU obviously only picks plays based on the play that the user selects (this is provably true if you ever do a fake special teams play). It's not that they're scheming against you, it's that the CPU knows your play and chooses from, say, a handful of corresponding plays... Let's say on Pro difficulty, the CPU knows your play and has a subset of say 8 plays to choose from to respond, with 2 of them being ideal responses, 4 of them being neutral, and 2 of them being terrible. On All pro, it's more even, say 3 ideal responses, 3 neutral, and 2 terrible. On All Madden, it's 4 ideal responses, 2 neutral, and 2 terrible. Beating the CPU is just a measure of reading when they bring out the terrible choices or the ideal choices, and audibling out of your play. It doesn't make beating the All Madden CPU rewarding because it's so predictable.

I don't have any sort of proof in the code base that this is the system that the CPU uses to pick it's play... but I'd be willing to bet my bottom dollar that it's a system that is really similar to what I described.
Old 08-25-2017, 08:52 AM   #7
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

I always felt Madden used a VIP system when playing against the cpu

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Old 08-25-2017, 08:56 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
Anybody who has played Madden for a long time can admit that the CPU on All Madden is just all cheese. That doesn't mean they're necessarily hard, just cheap. I played All Madden for most of Madden '17 and rarely lost, but you still knew the CPU was just junk difficulty.

The Madden CPU obviously only picks plays based on the play that the user selects (this is provably true if you ever do a fake special teams play). It's not that they're scheming against you, it's that the CPU knows your play and chooses from, say, a handful of corresponding plays... Let's say on Pro difficulty, the CPU knows your play and has a subset of say 8 plays to choose from to respond, with 2 of them being ideal responses, 4 of them being neutral, and 2 of them being terrible. On All pro, it's more even, say 3 ideal responses, 3 neutral, and 2 terrible. On All Madden, it's 4 ideal responses, 2 neutral, and 2 terrible. Beating the CPU is just a measure of reading when they bring out the terrible choices or the ideal choices, and audibling out of your play. It doesn't make beating the All Madden CPU rewarding because it's so predictable.

I don't have any sort of proof in the code base that this is the system that the CPU uses to pick it's play... but I'd be willing to bet my bottom dollar that it's a system that is really similar to what I described.
I think you'd be broke then. Madden's playcalling is not that in depth. The play selection is random. Each broad situation (e.g. 3rd and long) has a pool of eligible plays, and the playcall is selected randomly from that pool.

All-Madden difficulty gives boosts to the AI players. That is where the added difficulty comes in. I only wish all madden lead to the AI making better playcalls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »