Home

No ps4 pro enhancements?

This is a discussion on No ps4 pro enhancements? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2017, 11:07 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: No ps4 pro enhancements?

“Madden NFL 18 supports PS4 Pro at launch in both 4K and 1080p, with no update needed. If a gamer chooses to run Madden NFL 18 in 4K, they will see improved resolution, if they choose to run the game in 1080p, they will see improved framerate in certain areas of the presentation. Core gameplay will render at 60fps regardless. We have no announcements to make regarding HDR support at this time.”

For what it's worth, coming from somebody with a PS4 Pro and 60" 4K TV, it looks incredible visually, much improved from last year in terms of graphics and fluidity.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:12 AM   #10
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyraymond23
“Madden NFL 18 supports PS4 Pro at launch in both 4K and 1080p, with no update needed. If a gamer chooses to run Madden NFL 18 in 4K, they will see improved resolution, if they choose to run the game in 1080p, they will see improved framerate in certain areas of the presentation. Core gameplay will render at 60fps regardless. We have no announcements to make regarding HDR support at this time.”

For what it's worth, coming from somebody with a PS4 Pro and 60" 4K TV, it looks incredible visually, much improved from last year in terms of graphics and fluidity.
My question is, is there an option to utilize 4k, like in The Show, or is it automatically up-scaled if you have a pro and 4k TV?
Old 08-25-2017, 11:17 AM   #11
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
My question is, is there an option to utilize 4k, like in The Show, or is it automatically up-scaled if you have a pro and 4k TV?
Yeah because switching any game from 4K to 1080p will garner better frame.

If enhanced, it's not Sony approved and like you said, no options in games like Horizon Zero.

Also no HDR.

I'm confused.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 11:23 AM   #12
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
No, if your PS4 is setup for 4K Video Output, then it is automatically rendered in the game. There isn't a "switch" in game that allows you to change.

Old 08-25-2017, 03:28 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
No, if your PS4 is setup for 4K Video Output, then it is automatically rendered in the game. There isn't a "switch" in game that allows you to change.
^^^

Came here to post this.

My Pro does this for a few games I've been playing, I'll get a notification in the top right of my screen that (whatever game I'm playing) has switched their resolution (or however it's worded).
Old 08-25-2017, 03:35 PM   #14
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Madden NFL 18 supports PS4 Pro at launch in both 4K and 1080p, with no update needed. If a gamer chooses to run Madden NFL 18 in 4K, they will see improved resolution, if they choose to run the game in 1080p, they will see improved framerate in certain areas of the presentation. Core gameplay will render at 60fps regardless. We have no announcements to make regarding HDR support at this time.”
Has anyone tested and can report the image quality versus performance at 1080p compared to 4k rendering?

Thx
Old 08-25-2017, 03:39 PM   #15
Rbk
Rookie

Rbk's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite

That's silly. I want my PS4 to still be out putting the dashboard and other games in 4k, but I want madden to play in 1080p for the better frame rate. How hard is it to put a setting in the game EA...

The Show did this perfectly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 03:40 PM   #16
Rbk
Rookie

Rbk's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
Has anyone tested and can report the image quality versus performance at 1080p compared to 4k rendering?

Thx

Definitely does not fell as smooth in 4k. It is not a rock solid 60fps in gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »