Home

Madden 2018 performance on regular PS4

This is a discussion on Madden 2018 performance on regular PS4 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2017, 11:45 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 2018 performance on regular PS4

YES. Thanks for posting the dev response. I feel better, and hope/anticipate a fix in the future.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:04 PM   #58
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden 2018 performance on regular PS4 is choppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fripperiffic

Thankfully, they are working on it!
awesome!. Hopefully they fix this. I have seen very difference variations of Ps4 framerate issues. hopefully they look at all of them.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:50 AM   #59
Nza
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fripperiffic
https://youtu.be/U_XfaDm5Fv4

An example of crazy bad stutter on replay. PS4 slim
Is this what this thread's about? That doesn't look like a hardware performance issue to me so hopefully means it will be fairly quickly fixed. That reminds me of the issues you used to see sometimes with new PC releases on certain driver versions, which I think were often vsync related.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:51 AM   #60
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Is this what this thread's about? That doesn't look like a hardware performance issue to me so hopefully means it will be fairly quickly fixed. That reminds me of the issues you used to see sometimes with new PC releases on certain driver versions, which I think were often vsync related.
No. That`s not the main issue here. the video i would described it as a stuttering issue during replays.

Like i said before, there are several frame rate issues. Some even freeze 0.2ms and continue even during game-play (not replay)

I opened this thread because what i`m having is Frame-rate impacted during game-play, specially plays on the middle of the field.

If you are a pc gamer, basically what is happening is game runs at 60fps but when i run something or pass on the middle of the field it goes to 40 or less for 4 or 5 secs then it go back to 60fps

I can`t record a video since the replay on the game wont`get this, i need to be recording the game using a cellphone and it`s not happening on every play. It could happen maybe 1 per 10 plays. And even then i `m not sure how visible it will be on a cell phone camera.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:10 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 1

Having the same issue. Bought the game (digital copy) for PS4 slim, performance is terrible, graphics, everything looked like crap. Nothing like what I was seeing on the gameplay videos leading up to launch. I bit the bullet, traded in the slim and got the PS4 Pro. The game is night and day...except -- the replays are still choppy, but only on CFM! If you do Play Now, it's smooth as butter. I just don't get it. I can understand not making improvements to CFM, but it's like they didn't even play the game in that mode. Not even the spectator mode (cpu v cpu) plays the same in CFM as it does in Play Now. Go figure!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2017, 04:22 AM   #62
All Star

Just got the game tonight and yeah ps4 has a lot of frame rate issues. When I saw this thread I figured people where overacting has I find a lot of times games frame rate to be not even close to has bad has people say it is yet I think it is a big issue. In my first game I just finished I found like 20% of the plays the frame rate dropped to like 20 and I even had like 2 maybe 3 plays where it go really low and looked like it was about to freeze because it got so low. Those 2-3 plays it must have gotten down to like 10 FPS or something.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:39 AM   #63
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

It is worth buying a PS4 Pro without a 4K TV?
Old 09-09-2017, 08:16 AM   #64
Rookie

fripperiffic's Arena

OVR: 1

Well, since the patch, haven't had any issues with this thankfully

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »