Home

Big Surprise: Arcade on All-Madden

This is a discussion on Big Surprise: Arcade on All-Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-26-2017, 11:24 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Big Surprise: Arcade on All-Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Definitely not strictly default Slider Play as noted, but slider adjustments can correct those things you noted.

One major thing I noticed is that Ratings play out on this setting (don't know why).
- Jackson's JMP (87) and CIT (84) are high

I'm doing the ratings edit route 1st to calm CIT down and it works.
Going to see if lowering Catch Slider will accomplish the same thing to make overall task easier.

I love that you noted the Pass Rush is easy because this can be tweaked upwards to make things harder.
Our problem on other settings is being able to tweak things downward to generate a better Rush.
- Outside rushers force QB up in the pocket which is a great starting point

I'm focusing on each area/position trying both ratings edits and/or Slider adjustments to see which accomplishes what I want.

QB notes:
1) Most QB's have Carry ratings around 60's and must be edited to 80+ to minimize fumbles on sacks.

2) ***edit THP to 60-70-80
- "crazy" that this works, but improves gameplay tremendously
- Strong Arms get 80, with noodle arms at 60
- the "Ball angle" is corrected with proper loft on it based on distance
- even if you "bullet Pass" loft is added upon the throw

3) Changed C Palmers Style Trait to Scrambler to see what would happen.
- slow as dirt due to his ratings, but he tried to scramble which is what I wanted to see when this Trait was selected.

I said I wasn't going to lab M18, but stumbling across this Play Style has peaked my curiousity to unlock the cave.
khaliib, what kind of throw distance do you get with QB THP down into the 60's? One of my peevs with Madden is how almost all QB's can throw 65 yds downfield with the 80-99 THP range we typically have now. In 2015, only 2% of NFL throws traveled 40+ air yds with a 41% avg accuracy rate (Football Outsiders QB hit charts), yet you can chuck ridiculous bombs all day with hardly any penalty in Madden.

btw, past couple years I have been adjusting QB accuracies when I play my games with good results. The average QB rating is SAC 82, MAC 47, DAC 41 (55 is highest DAC i'll give) with my adjustments. If you throw deep to a WR pinned along the sideline, you are likely to throw OOB. You are far from a guarantee to throw that laser 60 yd seam with any accuracy as well. It really feels good when you drop a dime with those settings and you truly get the 50/50 feeling those deep throws are IRL. But with high QB THP, I will still see on occasion the 65 yd bomb on the $. What I haven't done yet is shift THP down that far. Curious to hear more on what you've seen with 60-80 THP range.
Old 08-26-2017, 01:21 PM   #10
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
Thank you for this. I enjoy simulation but my affection for arcade is about the same. Glad I'm not the only one. When talking to friends about this, no one could get past the word "Arcade" and the connotations to give it a shot

This is exactly the problem the devs run into when creating a special mode for sim players. Casuals also have no interest in Arcade, as a concept.

It forces the devs to tune Sim for a wider audience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies
Old 10-23-2017, 12:02 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Came across this thread and found it very interesting. I've come to believe that the key to unlocking the real strengths in Madden require us to think outside the box.

Is anyone still playing using these concepts? Any updates and/or suggestions on how to get the most out of M18 playing on Arcade?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2017, 10:29 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Definitely not strictly default Slider Play as noted, but slider adjustments can correct those things you noted.

One major thing I noticed is that Ratings play out on this setting (don't know why).
- Jackson's JMP (87) and CIT (84) are high

I'm doing the ratings edit route 1st to calm CIT down and it works.
Going to see if lowering Catch Slider will accomplish the same thing to make overall task easier.

I love that you noted the Pass Rush is easy because this can be tweaked upwards to make things harder.
Our problem on other settings is being able to tweak things downward to generate a better Rush.
- Outside rushers force QB up in the pocket which is a great starting point

I'm focusing on each area/position trying both ratings edits and/or Slider adjustments to see which accomplishes what I want.

QB notes:
1) Most QB's have Carry ratings around 60's and must be edited to 80+ to minimize fumbles on sacks.

2) ***edit THP to 60-70-80
- "crazy" that this works, but improves gameplay tremendously
- Strong Arms get 80, with noodle arms at 60
- the "Ball angle" is corrected with proper loft on it based on distance
- even if you "bullet Pass" loft is added upon the throw

3) Changed C Palmers Style Trait to Scrambler to see what would happen.
- slow as dirt due to his ratings, but he tried to scramble which is what I wanted to see when this Trait was selected.

I said I wasn't going to lab M18, but stumbling across this Play Style has peaked my curiousity to unlock the cave.
I would guess that arms w/ 60-arm strength cannot throw more than 45-yards ? and can an 80-arm strength throw over 60-yards ? jacking it down will likely greatly inflate simmed INT numbers.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:04 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Play with a QB like Kellen Moore (70 something THP if I'm not mistaken). You can still throw it deep.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:36 PM   #14
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Is there a Slider set for Arcade Game mode using All-Madden Difficulty for CFM?
Old 10-24-2017, 02:43 PM   #15
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

THP has less of an affect on distance as it does on velocity.

I don't know about the effects on the sim engine, but gameplay wise lower THP means you won't be able to fit the ball into tight windows more than anything, so throws over the middle will be much harder.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2017, 07:29 PM   #16
Let's Go Brandon!

Milticket's Arena

OVR: 5

THP used to be the distance a QB can throw the ball. Going back to Madden 15
Ori & The Blind Forest (XSX)
Metro Exodus (PS5)

"Players make the NFL money, not the coaches. It's not a 2-way street, follow the bread crumbs."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »