Home

Big Surprise: Arcade on All-Madden

This is a discussion on Big Surprise: Arcade on All-Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-24-2017, 07:30 PM   #17
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Big Surprise: Arcade on All-Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
THP has less of an affect on distance as it does on velocity.

I don't know about the effects on the sim engine, but gameplay wise lower THP means you won't be able to fit the ball into tight windows more than anything, so throws over the middle will be much harder.

Piggy backing off this, I'm pretty confident THP affects throwing animations as well. You will see a lot THP guy really crank back to heave a deep bomb vs a high THP QB. It takes a lot longer than when the QB just flicks it downfield, and this can really make a difference when the pass rush is about to hit you.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 10-24-2017, 08:30 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Some time ago I read something elsewhere that stated that STR affected the velocity a throw (how quickly it got to the intended receiver). I've noticed that playing with a QB like Big Ben (high STR) that my passes were harder to intercept and vise versa, when playing against him passes were harder to intercept.

Perhaps THP affects the angle of the pass.

To get back on point, I haven't tried a universal lowering of THP as recommended by khaliib, as I've only just begun to explore playing Arcade on AM.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:55 PM   #19
Let's Go Brandon!

Milticket's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm going to give this a shot. It wouldn't surprise me if arcade mode turned out to be the better mode. I have some time to waste until I start my official CFM on the Xbox one x.
Ori & The Blind Forest (XSX)
Metro Exodus (PS5)

"Players make the NFL money, not the coaches. It's not a 2-way street, follow the bread crumbs."
Old 10-25-2017, 01:06 AM   #20
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
THP used to be the distance a QB can throw the ball. Going back to Madden 15
And it still is, but the difference between 90 THP versus say 60 with regards to distance is not that much.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:21 PM   #21
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

why didn't they just add in a true madden arcade mode (5 on 5) sort of like the one that came out in 2009? it would have been a nice (and maybe more fun) alternative....actually, i would absolutely LOVE it if they included a retro mode (sort of like MLB The Show 17) including tecmo super bowl (with current rosters). i would be in heaven....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2017, 04:44 PM   #22
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
why didn't they just add in a true madden arcade mode (5 on 5) sort of like the one that came out in 2009? it would have been a nice (and maybe more fun) alternative....actually, i would absolutely LOVE it if they included a retro mode (sort of like MLB The Show 17) including tecmo super bowl (with current rosters). i would be in heaven....
Lets be fair, they did that the reaction from this forum would be screaming for heads to fall.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:38 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 0

So, what is verdict on arcade, with sliders and ratings edits ?
Old 11-26-2017, 11:49 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

I played a few games on arcade with AP default. While I saw some good game play and thought it was very promising, I did see some strange things to keep with the theme of "big plays". Receivers frequently were able to go up and get balls over DBs to make the big catch.

On 1 play at the goal line my receiver went up to get the ball. The ball's trajectory was below the receiver's outstretched hands, yet he somehow was able to make the catch. Viewing it in replay I saw the ball warp up into his hands. things like this is what has moved me away from this mode.

As to player edits, I'm convinced that this is what really needs to be done to bring out the best in this game. Khaliib's recommendations are great and I have been trying various player edits without adjusting sliders. I know he is working on a roster with edited players and plans to put it out as an example.

Madden is consistent in its over rating of players. I believe this stems from a need to make real life star players happy and supportive of the game. I've seen numerous reports of players complaining or referencing their Madden ratings. As such the current player ratings are often too high causing gameplay issues.

Khaliib has recommended that CFM rosters be edited to bring them in line with generated players. I've also read where people have had better results from the game where they sim forward and play with only generated players.

Editing over 3000 players is a time consuming pain, but appears to be the best way to get the most out of Madden.

My hope is that Khaliib will post a go by that will detail what edits to make to get the best results. I recommend that you read his numerous posts on player editing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »