Home

Need help stopping hb stretch

This is a discussion on Need help stopping hb stretch within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2017, 09:06 PM   #9
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27
Need help stopping hb stretch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502
Im having issues stopping Gun Trey Y offset formations. Last year inside zone wasn't that hard to stop but this year it seems like WR's block like tight ends and even calling 4-4,nickel or 4-3 couldn't stop it. OH2H match ups. The only way dollar or dime works if you run commit and/or user the D-line. even usering safety/LB the Wr's hold their blocks and my defense just becomes dumb.

Issues with 4 verticals again (like the beginning of last year) being OP. Its frustrating playing cheesy players that use only inside zone and/or 4 verts and PA Shot. Takes the fun out of playing OH2H

The Gun Trey formations I would have to see for myself to give advice on how to stop it. What I noticed to work against stopping my run game is users that blitz their nickel back. He comes off the edge and into the backfield so fast that I'm usually stopped for short gains even on inside runs.

I agree 4 verts is hard to stop. They are most dangerous with trips to one side. Your best bet is Cover 4, or man imo. Cover 3 drop/match is ok if you have a strong dline. If you get caught in zone against 4 verts, control your LB to the trips side, and cover the #3 receiver at the snap, then fall off to the number #2 receiver. The #2 receiver is the most dangerous if you get caught in a zone. Receivers will eventually get open if the QB has enough time so try and get into zones that focus on deep routes like drop, match, or sky. This gives the rush more time as the receivers have to clear DBs that are dropping back. If in man, the receiver running across the field is who you want to lockdown.

I don't use cover 6 or 9 enough to know if they will slow down 4 verts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by fatleg3; 08-29-2017 at 09:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »