Home

Madden 18(Xbox) Everything Playbooks

This is a discussion on Madden 18(Xbox) Everything Playbooks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2017, 10:11 PM   #17
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden 18(Xbox) Everything Playbooks

Interesting note, and maybe you knew this already, but apparently playcalling tendencies are handled outside of the playbook and star system. I have working on the Seattle book. I starred all plays in Pistol, Shotgun, and I-form, keeping the same format as CPU had set up. I set most PA to only .5 stars. Per the Seattle star system you would expect runs on 1st down and 2nd and long with few PA at all.

I happened to be playing the Eagles in my test CFM so I assigned the book to them. It was a mess. Tons of PA passes, passes on 1st and 2nd down. Almost the opposite of what I dictated. Virtually no read option.

So I SIM forward to play the hawks. Night and day difference. Read option, power runs on 1st and 2nd down, no PA.

So basically, it's important to use a teams playbook to build off of. If you don't, you might not get the intended results.

I'm interested to test it again once I finish it.

Be Good Or Be Gone
Sent from Galaxy S8+
GT roll2tide
Let's play Madden or Fifa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 08-30-2017, 03:42 PM   #18
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

It's a shame that we're forced to jump through so many hoops. This workaround works well, but if a team has 3 qbs on the roster (Cleveland Browns for example) when you create your undrafted QB, it releases one of the guys who should be on the roster.

That's an unfortunate consequence for getting the improved play, which these playbooks definitely give.

Last edited by NFCastle; 08-30-2017 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:17 PM   #19
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2

Looking forward to all these being done so I can start my CFM.

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2017, 04:45 PM   #20
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim4824
Looking forward to all these being done so I can start my CFM.

I have had no time lately to get to any more books or update the ones I have (in testing I have seen where some plays don't translate well with CPU executing them). When I started this thread my hopes were others would contribute as it's a tedious process and no way will I do all 32 teams. That being said I do have all 32 teams done with 4 verts gone and playactions gone from 3rd & 4th & long so I can upload those for everyone to have a solid base for the other 16 teams I have yet to get too. But please don't wait on me to finish to start. My goal is to knock out Seahawks cam schedule and possible playoff matchups including best AFC teams if I meet in the super bowl. Not a big deal to me for other teams I won't play till year 2 in CFM. Hence why I did the top AFC and NFC teams 1st and another reason you don't see the Seahawks up as I roll with them...
Old 09-06-2017, 08:27 AM   #21
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I have had no time lately to get to any more books or update the ones I have (in testing I have seen where some plays don't translate well with CPU executing them). When I started this thread my hopes were others would contribute as it's a tedious process and no way will I do all 32 teams. That being said I do have all 32 teams done with 4 verts gone and playactions gone from 3rd & 4th & long so I can upload those for everyone to have a solid base for the other 16 teams I have yet to get too. But please don't wait on me to finish to start. My goal is to knock out Seahawks cam schedule and possible playoff matchups including best AFC teams if I meet in the super bowl. Not a big deal to me for other teams I won't play till year 2 in CFM. Hence why I did the top AFC and NFC teams 1st and another reason you don't see the Seahawks up as I roll with them...
No biggie. I'm just going to use a team's playbook that isn't done that is close as possible to one that's already done. I'd try and help but I have no clue what I'm doing with custom playbook.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2017, 10:01 AM   #22
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Its a damn shame we need to use two controllers and profiles (gamertags) to enjoy custom playbooks, 32 team control for offline CFM. I dont understand why the difficulty to set these things up in the game. Can't they be already in game with out having to work around? I bet its because when/if they touch CFM it'll be a "NEW" Feature
Old 09-07-2017, 06:23 PM   #23
Rookie

memphisonfire's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I can help out with more AFC teams because I'm a Colts fan and hate the play calling I'm seeing in general. If you want to let me know what steps you take with each book I'll follow them and help you out.

Diamond Dynasty Logos 2016

follow me on twitter as well @MemphisDDlogos

or watch my stream for my franchise and DD league
here on Twitch
Old 09-07-2017, 08:01 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 0

Hey do we have to take control of a player? Can we take control of an owner and then change it with the second controller signed in or whatever?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »