Home

How to Regulate CFM Trades

This is a discussion on How to Regulate CFM Trades within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2017, 10:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How to Regulate CFM Trades

Does anyone have a guideline that they follow for trades in a CFM?

I'll just put it out there, it's laughably rigged.

I tested this last night and here's what happened.

I traded 2 4th rd picks and 1 5th rd pick (all 2018) for the Browns 2018 1st round pick, they accepted. (there's about 17 more examples of putrid trades I could list)

I was able to trade for (as the Falcons):
Myles Garrett
Jonathan Allen
John Ross
Haason Reddick
TJ Watt
Cam Robinson
Forrest Lamp
Marshon Lattimore
Adoree Jackson
Fabian Moreau
etc

while still keeping all my main players: Julio, Debo, Neal, Beasley etc.

I can, literally, get every 1st rd pick from signing and trading FA's, as well as the Falcon's backup players.

I will be commissioning an online, mostly user controlled CFM, so I'm wondering how do you go about regulating a severely broken trade system? Is there any way to alter the CPU's trading system? (I doubt it, but if it is possible I'd love to know how to alter their thought process)

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2017, 10:53 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: How to Regulate CFM Trades

Problem seems that the CPU just does not take the development into account. So it sees a 75 OVR player, but it does not calculate it's a first round rookie with superstar dev.

We have a online sim cfm with some rules for that:
NO trades with CPU teams.
For user trades we have a draft pick value chart and a trade commission.

Just not possible to trade without robbing the CPU, so just don't do it.

One option (at least in the last years) was only trade after CPU offers, they are usually ok. But of course you won't get Myles Garrett offered for your backup.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:04 PM   #3
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

For my own CFM's I play with a simple house rule: if it seems even remotely unreasonable, it is and I won't make the deal. Robbing the CPU just isn't fun for me.

For the one league I am in, we hold an "owners meeting" at the beginning of every season (really just an excuse to drink beer and eat pizza). In that meeting we establish all our house rules for that season, most carry over from year to year but we also update our trade value chart that we made. Basically, we use actual NFL trades as the basis for what happens in the league. It's an always evolving chart that we can use to compare trades for like players. Here is a quick example of one:

This offseason Brandin Cooks (and a 4th) was traded for a 1st and 3rd round pick. That is equal to 150 points on our trade value chart. If someone wanted to trade for a similar player (we base it on position and OVR) with the CPU, the trade value would have to be within 10 points of that. Each draft pick and each position rating have a trade value number assigned to it. It's not the most realistic thing but it works for our needs. Every offseason we update it with any major trades that happen. This only applies to CPU trades, player to player anything goes.

Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner have final say on all trades tho, they can (in rare instances) override the trade value chart if they see fit but they both have to be in agreement on it. We also use a rotating schedule for both of those roles. Online CFM doesn't really give a commissioner the tools he really needs so we use a ton of house rules and our own made up system for pretty much everything.

Our league is made up of all current and former Military, for our owners meetings anyone who can't attend (due to deployments or being stationed overseas etc) can use a proxy or we connect via Skype.

Last edited by Sheba2011; 08-28-2017 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:01 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyraymond23
Does anyone have a guideline that they follow for trades in a CFM?

I'll just put it out there, it's laughably rigged.

I tested this last night and here's what happened.

I traded 2 4th rd picks and 1 5th rd pick (all 2018) for the Browns 2018 1st round pick, they accepted. (there's about 17 more examples of putrid trades I could list)

I was able to trade for (as the Falcons):
Myles Garrett
Jonathan Allen
John Ross
Haason Reddick
TJ Watt
Cam Robinson
Forrest Lamp
Marshon Lattimore
Adoree Jackson
Fabian Moreau
etc

while still keeping all my main players: Julio, Debo, Neal, Beasley etc.

I can, literally, get every 1st rd pick from signing and trading FA's, as well as the Falcon's backup players.

I will be commissioning an online, mostly user controlled CFM, so I'm wondering how do you go about regulating a severely broken trade system? Is there any way to alter the CPU's trading system? (I doubt it, but if it is possible I'd love to know how to alter their thought process)

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Our house rules for CFM are 1) no rookies ever involved in a transaction by users (user to user or CPU) and 2) no trading for the face of franchises (which can be vague...but intentionally so - no one will trade for Watt or Zeke or Julio etc). Outside of that we just ask people to be realistic.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:06 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaAut
Problem seems that the CPU just does not take the development into account. So it sees a 75 OVR player, but it does not calculate it's a first round rookie with superstar dev.

We have a online sim cfm with some rules for that:
NO trades with CPU teams.
For user trades we have a draft pick value chart and a trade commission.

Just not possible to trade without robbing the CPU, so just don't do it.

One option (at least in the last years) was only trade after CPU offers, they are usually ok. But of course you won't get Myles Garrett offered for your backup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
For my own CFM's I play with a simple house rule: if it seems even remotely unreasonable, it is and I won't make the deal. Robbing the CPU just isn't fun for me.

For the one league I am in, we hold an "owners meeting" at the beginning of every season (really just an excuse to drink beer and eat pizza). In that meeting we establish all our house rules for that season, most carry over from year to year but we also update our trade value chart that we made. Basically, we use actual NFL trades as the basis for what happens in the league. It's an always evolving chart that we can use to compare trades for like players. Here is a quick example of one:

This offseason Brandin Cooks (and a 4th) was traded for a 1st and 3rd round pick. That is equal to 150 points on our trade value chart. If someone wanted to trade for a similar player (we base it on position and OVR) with the CPU, the trade value would have to be within 10 points of that. Each draft pick and each position rating have a trade value number assigned to it. It's not the most realistic thing but it works for our needs. Every offseason we update it with any major trades that happen. This only applies to CPU trades, player to player anything goes.

Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner have final say on all trades tho, they can (in rare instances) override the trade value chart if they see fit but they both have to be in agreement on it. We also use a rotating schedule for both of those roles. Online CFM doesn't really give a commissioner the tools he really needs so we use a ton of house rules and our own made up system for pretty much everything.

Our league is made up of all current and former Military, for our owners meetings anyone who can't attend (due to deployments or being stationed overseas etc) can use a proxy or we connect via Skype.
Do you guys have a link, picture or anything that would reference a trade value chart?

After reading both of your posts, I think implementing a trade value chart may be the way to go honestly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2017, 04:12 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Google Madden Trade Charts or something like that - there are a few out there that you can grab. Some are simpler than others
Old 08-28-2017, 08:19 PM   #7
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyraymond23
Do you guys have a link, picture or anything that would reference a trade value chart?

After reading both of your posts, I think implementing a trade value chart may be the way to go honestly.
I can try to get ahold of ours. I haven't been commish yet so I don't have the file on my computer but I'll ask the current one (he isn't on this site).
Old 08-29-2017, 03:54 AM   #8
Rookie

Just one example:
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/a...ValueChart.jpg

Of course always take it with a grain of salt, but it helps.
If you feel the player is roughly worth a late 1st-rounder, then you should expect about 600-700 points in return. I calculate future picks with 50% of the current value, so to get a late first rounder this year, you would need to give a 2nd this year and a 1st next year. Not perfect, but close to realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »