Home

Ideal MUT & CFM Integration

This is a discussion on Ideal MUT & CFM Integration within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2017, 09:37 PM   #9
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ideal MUT & CFM Integration

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJsakila
+1 on NOT adding another variable to an already highly fragile mode of play (cfm).

And if it were to only replace an existing "thing" like the "legacy score" does your opinion change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 08-31-2017, 09:39 PM   #10
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Played MUT once when it first came out never touched it again. I would not care if they tied mut cards to cfm i would just ignore them anyway, BUT if they decided to tie cfm to mut coins or whatever they call it then I'm done!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Mut coins (as I understand them) are like CFM xp that you can only use in MUT. That said. If you earned coins = to the xp but they were only useable in mut would you be done? Or ignore them like the cards?

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 09-01-2017, 07:26 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

I would ignore anything to do with mut , i just don't like that mode. I woud be done if they required me to play mut to gain access to things in cfm.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2017, 07:30 AM   #12
Pro

If it took something like this in order to get ALL the bells and whistles for a robust, immersive franchise mode, then I would be all for it. As long as franchise was the focus.

Having dabbled a bit in MUT last year - mainly out of boredom with the non-gameplay aspects of CFM - I quickly found myself disenchanted with the mode. Some of the challenges didn't seem very realistic, and even "arcadish", in my opinion. Also, I never really knew where/what I should do first, or if it even mattered. And having to back in and out of menus to see what is needed for various collections, or reviewing collections for cards that go to multiple collections was a pain.

About the only thing I really found to be "fun" was messing around with the auction house. Other than that, just not my cup of tea.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:33 AM   #13
Rookie

The only reason for EA to integrate MUT and CFM would be to encourage the purchase of MUT packs and items. What if EA put micro transactions in CFM? Maybe if it became a bigger revenue source, EA would spend more resources on fixing it and adding requested features to draw in players. NCAA had a few micro transactions.

For example, what if you could purchase the coach upgrades with either real money or xp? Or how about buying uniform packs or stadium packs? Or how about an add-on to allow custom draft classes? I think there are ways it could be done that wouldn't upset the Sim crowd or those that want to play without spending money.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:27 AM   #14
Rookie

OJsakila's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
And if it were to only replace an existing "thing" like the "legacy score" does your opinion change.

Yes. That would be fine.. Just saying if it's kept (user operated) separately from the franchise mode then okie dokie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Operation Sports mobile app

Savannah, GA
Old 09-01-2017, 09:36 AM   #15
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I actually thought about this the other. I would be more into MUT, if they didn't come out with 9 different versions of player cards. Like if they had just one Barry Sanders card, I would be more inclined to go after that. But instead they have 8 different ones that take away from how special Barry Sanders really is.

I always thought it would be cool if you have you had to earn those player cards, as opposed to buy them.

For example.... You could earn a Barry Sanders card in CFM by having an individual play pass him on the all-time rushing list (15,269 yards) or if they pass his single season high of 2,053 yards. By accomplishing that feat at whatever skill level, you earn that Barry Sanders card.

So that way if you see someone who has a Jerry RIce card, they either dropped a lot of money on it, or they worked their a** of in franchise mode trying to break his all-tie reception record.
I completely agree. As a result, I found the storing of these cards to be complicated to the point of not wanting to be bothered. Which set does this one go in, etc.?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »