Big Coach Mode issue - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Big Coach Mode issue

This is a discussion on Big Coach Mode issue within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 08-29-2017, 09:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Icon4 Big Coach Mode issue

anyone noticed that the selected defensive player while playing Coach Mode doesn't move and react to the offense automatically? He just stands there and is waiting for user input. This occurs with all defensive positions except the Defensive Line.

That's silly, because it makes Coach Mode unplayable with only 10 men functioning on defense... When you select a DL, he won't shed any blocks no matter how good he is...

Last edited by BenjiA; 08-29-2017 at 09:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2017, 09:54 AM   #2
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Big Coach Mode issue

Bugs & glitches thread may get the response you want. Or Q&A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 08-29-2017, 10:32 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Won't be for everyone but I play cpu vs. cpu for defense and have been really enjoying the game.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:53 AM   #4
Goon Squad

ProStylez's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiA
anyone noticed that the selected defensive player while playing Coach Mode doesn't move and react to the offense automatically? He just stands there and is waiting for user input. This occurs with all defensive positions except the Defensive Line.

That's silly, because it makes Coach Mode unplayable with only 10 men functioning on defense... When you select a DL, he won't shed any blocks no matter how good he is...
Yup, I noticed that the other day. I immediately stopped playing. I switched positions and the same thing happened each time. I chalked it up to the typical batch of bugs every sports game gets shipped with.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:58 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey, you are right, this is a HUGE issue for Coach Mode players. We actually were discussing this last week in another coach mode thread.

I actually entered this in the Bug thread, but we've quickly learned this was intentional. A VERY poor decision by EA...clearly they did not get any feedback from Coach Mode players about this before inexplicably making this change. Basically, they turned Coach Mode into just an offensive setting. I could rant on about this in frustration, but I'll spare you the tirade.

To address this in All Pro, hold down LB/L1 and the player will auto move as before. However, you can't do this with a DL. As you noted, the DL will never automatically engage any special moves (power, block shed, etc.). So, I always user-select the deepest player (typically FS) and just hold down the button.

Now, I have yet to see it, but I've been told that the highlighted player will still attempt auto moves (e.g., swat the ball) when holding down LB/L1. To be fair, the reason I haven't seen this is because I quickly stopped playing M18 and am just waiting for the next patch (lesson learned...I will NEVER again buy this game until around Xmas time, when it'll be discounted and a majority of the big patches are in. I'm the idiot who seems to forget that they always release a shoddy, flawed game in August and don't really get it right for 6 months).

But hey, keep making a stink about it...put your own entry in the Bug Thread and hopefully they will get the hint to leave Coach Mode alone as it was before!
Old 08-29-2017, 11:17 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Hey, you are right, this is a HUGE issue for Coach Mode players. We actually were discussing this last week in another coach mode thread.

I actually entered this in the Bug thread, but we've quickly learned this was intentional. A VERY poor decision by EA...clearly they did not get any feedback from Coach Mode players about this before inexplicably making this change. Basically, they turned Coach Mode into just an offensive setting. I could rant on about this in frustration, but I'll spare you the tirade.

To address this in All Pro, hold down LB/L1 and the player will auto move as before. However, you can't do this with a DL. As you noted, the DL will never automatically engage any special moves (power, block shed, etc.). So, I always user-select the deepest player (typically FS) and just hold down the button.

Now, I have yet to see it, but I've been told that the highlighted player will still attempt auto moves (e.g., swat the ball) when holding down LB/L1. To be fair, the reason I haven't seen this is because I quickly stopped playing M18 and am just waiting for the next patch (lesson learned...I will NEVER again buy this game until around Xmas time, when it'll be discounted and a majority of the big patches are in. I'm the idiot who seems to forget that they always release a shoddy, flawed game in August and don't really get it right for 6 months).

But hey, keep making a stink about it...put your own entry in the Bug Thread and hopefully they will get the hint to leave Coach Mode alone as it was before!
wow that sucks big time! Thanks for the reply and clearing that up. Hope they fix it with the next patch.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:32 PM   #7
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiA
wow that sucks big time! Thanks for the reply and clearing that up. Hope they fix it with the next patch.
Atleast we have a good enough work around. Yea it sucks to have to hold down L1/LB as soon as the CPU hikes the ball but hey it works lol.

Can't wait for the patch though.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:40 PM   #8
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

I mostly play coach mode and this issue has me hesitant to even open my copy of Madden. Thinking of taking this back. This issue along with the fact that the CPU has a tendency to keep the ball on options plays no matter the defensive alignment doesn't help things. NCAA 14 coach mode shouldn't be better than M18 still at this point....
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »