Home

Expansion Draft Idea

This is a discussion on Expansion Draft Idea within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2017, 06:46 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Expansion Draft Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
You will have cap penalties. I'd just edit the contracts of all the guys that you are releasing so that they have no guaranteed money or make everyone on your roster in year one be in the last year of their contract
can u do that in franchise mode or do u have to do that outside of franchise mode? whats best? release some before free agent and then during playoffs sign some new players and then let the rest walk that way come ufa i donno if game will crash if there is a roster of 0 players
Old 09-30-2017, 07:05 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

You can edit contracts from within franchise. If I were doing it, I would release all my players and manually do an expansion draft before I started my cfm. Select 5 players from each team that are eligible and each time you pick one, they can pull a player off of the eligible list. Then sim your first year and force enough losses so that you get the #1 pick. It's not 100% realistic but it's as close as you can get
Old 10-01-2017, 07:04 AM   #11
Rookie

tubaSimulator's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCAAFBall00
I dont want to do fantasy draft type thing i want to do an expansion draft. So basically i am taking a current NFL team relocating them in season two as a expansion team however my question is how do i go about doing the expansion draft. yah i could cut everyone on my team and sign free agents and such but when i cut a player do i get all of that cap space or do i get a cap penalty when i release a player when he still has money left on his contract?
I'm currently working on a guide to how I set my expansion franchise in M16 and M17 as I haven't seen anyone else do it my way. I can post a link or PM you when it's ready if you'd like. It also depends a little on how much effort you want to put into it (in my experience you need at least a couple of hours).

Last edited by tubaSimulator; 10-01-2017 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Didn't specify which Madden game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2017, 08:23 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubaSimulator
I'm currently working on a guide to how I set my expansion franchise in M16 and M17 as I haven't seen anyone else do it my way. I can post a link or PM you when it's ready if you'd like. It also depends a little on how much effort you want to put into it (in my experience you need at least a couple of hours).
I'd love to have a look at this. Please make a new thread about it when it's done!
Old 10-01-2017, 08:35 AM   #13
Rookie

tubaSimulator's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall458
I'd love to have a look at this. Please make a new thread about it when it's done!
I'm a bit reluctant to post a new thread on it simply because the first few pages of the forum seems to be M18 exclusive and I was thinking a guide on M16/M17 isn't welcome. Especially since I haven't been very active on here for awhile... But if it's something people want, then sure. And if someone can confirm that it works in M18 as well, that would be great!
Old 10-01-2017, 08:42 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
I'm a bit reluctant to post a new thread on it simply because the first few pages of the forum seems to be M18 exclusive and I was thinking a guide on M16/M17 isn't welcome. Especially since I haven't been very active on here for awhile... But if it's something people want, then sure. And if someone can confirm that it works in M18 as well, that would be great!
Madden 17 and 18's CFMs are almost identical, so it should crossover just fine. Just specify in the beginning of the post that it was originally used for 16/17.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:11 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
tubaSimulator I would also like to see what you use for Expansion Draft. I allways move the Chargers to Houston and Bring Back the Houston Oilers, I would like to try it as a Expansion team instead of having all the Chargers players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2017, 07:37 PM   #16
Rookie

yah i wanna move the jets as 2 NY teams move them to Toronto and rival Buffalo Bills as an expansion team

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »