Home

Why Doesn't EA Test Madden Thoroughly Before Launch?

This is a discussion on Why Doesn't EA Test Madden Thoroughly Before Launch? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2017, 08:49 PM   #17
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why Doesn't EA Test Madden Thoroughly Before Launch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Rock Star games like GTA and Red Dead Redemption take years to be released; and they still have bugs and issues.

Just the way programming is.
An even better example is Bethesda Games. Skyrim and Fallout 4 were both in development for 4+ years and had more bugs than any games I ever played. But most were fixed by Bethesda or the community.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:46 PM   #18
Rookie

Let's us be real, why exactly would they? Videos of 18's gameplay didn't drop until about a week or two before the game was coming out and people still rushed to the store to buy it. I honestly believe EA could say the shipped the game broken and people would still buy it, people who buy the game early are beta tester when it comes to Madden, I would like someone to prove otherwise. It's sad but this game being the only NFL games will sell no matter what, and it seems EA knows this very well and has taken full advantage of it by never delivering a polished game at launch. A well made Madden needs about two years of development but we know that would never happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2017, 12:51 AM   #19
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

Honestly, i hope they never do. The glitches are too funny and this year it has been great watching all the zany plays with the ball getting snapped all over the place, or defenders being unable to actually tackle anyone. Put on the Benny Hill theme song, open up Youtube and get out the Orville Redenbacher or PopSecret.

Its obvious they don't take this game seriously, so why should we?
Old 08-30-2017, 12:58 AM   #20
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I just think its a time issue along with still reeling from the ps2\Xbox jump to ps3/xbox360 transition. There's layers and layers of code and adding anything could be a huge hassle to implement making sure it plays nice with everything that's under it. Every year we hear about some old code that was either a band aid or a quick fix that the devs find. A complete tear down and rebuild would be amazing and they may be working on this but on a yearly release title its just not that feasible.

Sent from my LGAS992 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-30-2017, 01:00 AM   #21
Rookie

Let's be real here....they KNEW about most of the bugs. THAT'S why people weren't allowed to post videos or impressions until shortly before launch.
Also, I am 100% convinced that the game is NOT tested in 1 player CFM at all.
It's tested in h2h and MUT, because that's where the money lies for EA.
Im so glad I didn't cave this year and buy the game...I only pray that enough other people didn't, too.
The ONLY WAY EA is going to step up and put some real effort into this game is if they lose enough sales.
Complaining every year, but buying just because it is "the only NFL game available" is EXACTLY why the game is the mess it is today.
Or, maybe their people are just that untalented....I don't know which.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited by mykelmosinee; 08-30-2017 at 01:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 01:08 AM   #22

oneamongthefence's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
Let's be real here....they KNEW about most of the bugs. THAT'S why people weren't allowed to post videos or impressions until shortly before launch.
Also, I am 100% convinced that the game is NOT tested in 1 player CFM at all.
It's tested in h2h and MUT, because that's where the money lies for EA.
Im do glad I didn't cave this year and buy the game...I only pray that enough other people didn't, too.
The ONLY WAY EA is going to step up and put some real effort into this game is if they lose enough sales.
Combining every year, but buying just because it is "the only NFL game available" is EXACTLY why the game is the mess it is today.
Or, maybe their people are just that untalented....I don't know which.

They probably did know. But from a marketing and sales department that would be incredibly dumb to put bad gameplay footage out there. Is it honest? No. But each company does this. But most games today ship with bugs and even major triple A titles sometimes has major game breaking bugs that can make them not even run. Madden is at least playable at launch and usually pretty fun and most of the most glaring issues get ironed out during the life cycle of the game.

Old 08-30-2017, 01:39 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
They probably did know. But from a marketing and sales department that would be incredibly dumb to put bad gameplay footage out there. Is it honest? No. But each company does this. But most games today ship with bugs and even major triple A titles sometimes has major game breaking bugs that can make them not even run. Madden is at least playable at launch and usually pretty fun and most of the most glaring issues get ironed out during the life cycle of the game.

But having the game lock up, unable to play, or stuttering to the point you cannot play the game properly are not just minor little "bugs", these are lazy, irresponsible, game breaking elements.
I just don't get people minimizing this stuff. It's huge!

Old 08-30-2017, 01:45 AM   #24

oneamongthefence's Arena

Its huge in any game that has them. And a lot of them do. But for me personally this year I haven't had any of those issues yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »