Home

Simulation Setting Gameplay Feedback

This is a discussion on Simulation Setting Gameplay Feedback within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-30-2017, 01:20 PM   #33
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Simulation Setting Gameplay Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
Duece, whats your injury slider in cfm set at? With it defaulted at 50, its meant for 6 minute quarters. The injury slider has a pretty strong effect on the aggresiveness of the defense, especially from the pass rush. It seems many are playing longer quarters (i dont know why eawhite thought it was a good idea to default it to 6 minute qrtrs) and lowering the injury slider which in turn lessens the aggressiveness of the pass rush and ultimately effects the accuracy of the qb.
I've been using 50 in my Play Now games and it's been working out fine I think. I've been getting injuries and nothing crazy to the point where I'm noticing there being too many injuries. With the game not treating injury timeouts correctly, having too many injuries isn't something I want but with it at 50 I haven't been having any issues. I've been seeing serious injuries here and there but more of the will return soon variety and a decent amount of OL injuries. This is something that I won't really provide feedback on until I get into a CFM though just because I want to see how it plays out over the course of a season in terms of the amount, length, etc.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:21 PM   #34
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Why is there no Bullrush in the game? Isn't that the most common move for DT'S?
Old 08-30-2017, 02:49 PM   #35
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
Why is there no Bullrush in the game? Isn't that the most common move for DT'S?
No. Rip or arm under would be the most common. Bullrushes are great in HS, where there's a huge difference between the great and the average, but in the NFL, there's a select few with the right combination of technique, size, and strength to pull it off consistently. Still, I agree that it's a pretty glaring omission.

I really hope they implement a solid risk/reward system in pass rush in M19, where you can choose a specific technique, not just power or finesse move. Bull rush, for instance, would usually fail, but when it succeeds it will drive the lineman back into the QB even if you can't outright beat him.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 08-30-2017 at 02:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 03:18 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I've been using 50 in my Play Now games and it's been working out fine I think. I've been getting injuries and nothing crazy to the point where I'm noticing there being too many injuries. With the game not treating injury timeouts correctly, having too many injuries isn't something I want but with it at 50 I haven't been having any issues. I've been seeing serious injuries here and there but more of the will return soon variety and a decent amount of OL injuries. This is something that I won't really provide feedback on until I get into a CFM though just because I want to see how it plays out over the course of a season in terms of the amount, length, etc.
On cfm default for injuries is at 40 and I just finished up a full season. It plays or pretty well at 40. I had to put a couple guys on ir towards the end of the season. You get some injuries that last weeks but you're mainly setting guys get back onto the field during the current game or the following week. I'm pretty happy with the default setting on injuries
Old 08-30-2017, 03:23 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
No. Rip or arm under would be the most common. Bullrushes are great in HS, where there's a huge difference between the great and the average, but in the NFL, there's a select few with the right combination of technique, size, and strength to pull it off consistently. Still, I agree that it's a pretty glaring omission.

I really hope they implement a solid risk/reward system in pass rush in M19, where you can choose a specific technique, not just power or finesse move. Bull rush, for instance, would usually fail, but when it succeeds it will drive the lineman back into the QB even if you can't outright beat him.
They need to detach the O and D line as well. We need stunts and line calls. Not to mention, the line is still too binary. It's a bit better now that they've added some engaged movement, but it still has a long way to go. I guess I just don't understand why the most fundamental aspect of football can be implemented so poorly.

While we're at it, the player movement and animation quality in Madden is still atrocious. Their implementation of all of the players on hidden tracks really makes it a mess. You still see the players "clicking into place" on WR/DB deep balls and sideline catches. None of the movement feels smooth and organic. It's better than it was, but that's not saying much. I just want to be able to throw away my APF2k8 disc. Every time I pop that in, the movement is so smooth and organic feeling. The forced animations in Madden are clunky and feel scripted. The physics still need a lot of work too. The dead body tackles really kill the immersion and look terribly unrealistic. I was never a fan of having a RTP engine in a football game. Backbreaker did the best with it, but in Madden, it just looks silly and comical. Even after plays, the players bump into each other, fall over, etc. It's pretty bad. I'd like to believe they have the ability there to really fix this stuff and make a better moving product. Ok, I lied a bit there, I actually don't believe that at all. Just my opinion, but honestly, these are all of the things that would really make the game far more of an enjoyable simulation.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:32 PM   #38
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Cfm plays differently than play now. Also im more talking about the gameplay effects of the injury slider rather than the amount of injuries. It has a signicant effect on the way the defense attacks the offense which in turn would effect things like qb accuracy and even ai qb scrambling
Old 08-30-2017, 06:37 PM   #39
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Can we get rid of the "boom" sound on hitsticks in simulation please? That sound is so out of place. Just like the cannon sound on long passes in Madden 08.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 08-30-2017, 06:43 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
... the gameplay effects of the injury slider rather than the amount of injuries. It has a signicant effect on the way the defense attacks the offense
you have proof of this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »