Home

Simulation Setting Gameplay Feedback

This is a discussion on Simulation Setting Gameplay Feedback within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-30-2017, 07:13 PM   #41
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Simulation Setting Gameplay Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
you have proof of this?
Yes, rather than me post a video,im sure youve played at default 40, play a game with it at 50 in cfm.
Theres a visible difference between 40 and 50.

Theres less space in the defense with it higher as well as an increased pass rush.

Its more noticeable on all madden than all pro, but its still a pretty big deal.

After youve played a game on 50, play the next one with it at 10. see how much more time you have behind the line and how much space there is between you and the edge of the pocket
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 07:29 PM   #42
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Yards per play/number of big plays It is better than it has been in the past, seems like each game both me and the AI have 10+ play drives, but scores are still a little higher than I like with realistic number of plays.
Solution: I'm hopeful this will improve with the patch, as I think the primary culprit is poor safety play.
I'm glad you brought this up because it made me think of what Rex tweeted the other day in regards to passing YPG. I'd be curious to know what the yards per reception was for that data because just looking at the games I've played the CPU is averaging 14.4 YPC and I'm at 12.4 which are both significantly higher than the league average. I checked rushing as well and I'm averaging 5 YPC and the CPU is also right there at 4.9. I think that's the kind of data they should be looking hard at and trying to replicate because those are the types of numbers that dictate the pace and feel of the entire game regardless of quarter length. So like in my case the numbers fall in line with what you might want to see out of competitive, more big plays and quicker action due to shorter games and good players. But when you put that in a Sim environment you essentially get arcade, shootout football over the course of 120-130 plays.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:01 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
No. Rip or arm under would be the most common. Bullrushes are great in HS, where there's a huge difference between the great and the average, but in the NFL, there's a select few with the right combination of technique, size, and strength to pull it off consistently. Still, I agree that it's a pretty glaring omission.

I really hope they implement a solid risk/reward system in pass rush in M19, where you can choose a specific technique, not just power or finesse move. Bull rush, for instance, would usually fail, but when it succeeds it will drive the lineman back into the QB even if you can't outright beat him.
I couldn't disagree more. I understand what you're saying as far as the differential in skill level at the pro level but most great d lineman in the league have a great bull rush in their arsenal. It's your base rush. U base your other pass rushing moves off how effective your bull rush is. Look at jj watt, von Miller, James Harrison. These guys make a living off their bull rush then they have moves that compliment their bull rush. Strength needs to be more pronounced in these areas of the game. If u notice a good block is holding the d lineman for 4 seconds. After that the qb should have gotten rid of the ball. This is because the offensive lineman is backpedaling while the d lineman is running straight ahead which gives him an edge when you talk about leverage. Eventually he will win that battle it's just a matter of how long. As it is now in madden the longer the play goes the more chance an o lineman has of pancaking the d lineman. Totally unrealistic. This is something dealing w their motion and physics system so it may not be capable of being patched but definitely something to look into in the future.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:54 PM   #44
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm dropping this tweet in here:

any news on tuning cpu qb logic and qb traits? Lengthy forum about it on operation sports

no news. Investigating. We'll keep you posted if something happens.

John White also said they will look into it.

I hope it goes beyond the investigation stage.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:29 PM   #45
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I'm glad you brought this up because it made me think of what Rex tweeted the other day in regards to passing YPG. I'd be curious to know what the yards per reception was for that data because just looking at the games I've played the CPU is averaging 14.4 YPC and I'm at 12.4 which are both significantly higher than the league average. I checked rushing as well and I'm averaging 5 YPC and the CPU is also right there at 4.9. I think that's the kind of data they should be looking hard at and trying to replicate because those are the types of numbers that dictate the pace and feel of the entire game regardless of quarter length. So like in my case the numbers fall in line with what you might want to see out of competitive, more big plays and quicker action due to shorter games and good players. But when you put that in a Sim environment you essentially get arcade, shootout football over the course of 120-130 plays.
I agree,
This is one of the main reasons we're constantly having to play with sliders, to get games and scores more in line w/ real life.
Really, they could give us the tools to build our own " Sim" Mode. DON'T give us a "Sim" mode and disregard what actually makes a Sim game VS CPU.
If Rex has played vs the CPU, he has to know the issues.
The CPUs lack of playcalling variety and total game plans, just suck right now.
Custom Playbooks could be implemented better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 10:34 PM   #46
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
No. Rip or arm under would be the most common. Bullrushes are great in HS, where there's a huge difference between the great and the average, but in the NFL, there's a select few with the right combination of technique, size, and strength to pull it off consistently. Still, I agree that it's a pretty glaring omission.

I really hope they implement a solid risk/reward system in pass rush in M19, where you can choose a specific technique, not just power or finesse move. Bull rush, for instance, would usually fail, but when it succeeds it will drive the lineman back into the QB even if you can't outright beat him.
Respectfully disagree because I am not talking about pass rushing DT's, 3 techniques (Aaron Donald). I'm talking about the 1 and 0 technique tackles... I'd love a bull rush and push the OG/C back into the QB, and the option to disengage by just throwing the OL to the side.

Last edited by UtahUtes32; 08-30-2017 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:36 PM   #47
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman08
I couldn't disagree more. I understand what you're saying as far as the differential in skill level at the pro level but most great d lineman in the league have a great bull rush in their arsenal. It's your base rush. U base your other pass rushing moves off how effective your bull rush is. Look at jj watt, von Miller, James Harrison. These guys make a living off their bull rush then they have moves that compliment their bull rush. Strength needs to be more pronounced in these areas of the game. If u notice a good block is holding the d lineman for 4 seconds. After that the qb should have gotten rid of the ball. This is because the offensive lineman is backpedaling while the d lineman is running straight ahead which gives him an edge when you talk about leverage. Eventually he will win that battle it's just a matter of how long. As it is now in madden the longer the play goes the more chance an o lineman has of pancaking the d lineman. Totally unrealistic. This is something dealing w their motion and physics system so it may not be capable of being patched but definitely something to look into in the future.
Didn't even see your post. Agreed.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:39 PM   #48
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm dropping this tweet in here:

any news on tuning cpu qb logic and qb traits? Lengthy forum about it on operation sports

no news. Investigating. We'll keep you posted if something happens.

John White also said they will look into it.

I hope it goes beyond the investigation stage.
If they are looking into it, they will find all the issues listed here, pretty simple to find.
The hard part, is, when and how will they fix it?

Bring Back the Tuck & Run trait,
What about a setting that let's us adjust how fast a qb gets to the line and either hikes it or audibles/adjust it.
How often they go no huddle and cause an offsides, or a fake 1 play injury.
Man, hope they give us Sim vs CPU guys love!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »