Home

Simulation Setting Gameplay Feedback

This is a discussion on Simulation Setting Gameplay Feedback within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-31-2017, 11:37 AM   #65
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Simulation Setting Gameplay Feedback

Hard Flat Zones
The community stated that they wanted hard flats to play the flats more aggressively. We did some work on their logic so they do a better job of reading the route progression and taking away throws to the flats.

Still Broken

Low-Rated QB Accuracy
Complaints about lower-rated QBs being too accurate have been addressed with a new inaccuracy system. Expect to see more inaccurate throws from lower-rated QBs, especially on simulation play style. These inaccurate passes have new placement modelling, ensuring you will see a wider variety in how throws are missed.

Not in as far as I can see

Off-Ball Injuries
When playing Simulation, players not directly involved in the tackle can be injured. This includes offensive and defensive linemen. You'll want to stay on top of the injury report. When an off-ball injury occurs, you won’t see an injury animation on the field – only the injury notification under the scoreboard. In some cases, you may see the injury notification after the play, but before the sideline can report on the severity of the injury. The player may have already returned to the game.

Should have been in the game for 15 years now. Not impressed.

Dropped Interceptions
Dating back many years, one of the top competitive complaints was around defenders dropping wide open interceptions. With the Competitive Game Style, if your defender has a good Catch rating and is open, there will be a significantly higher chance the interception will be caught. Keep in mind, you’ll still see dropped interceptions in this scenario if the defender’s Catch rating does not meet the threshold. Catches in traffic can also still result in dropped picks.

In the games Ive played online and offline this is not true. Ive thrown about 50 pass's that went RIGHT to a defender with a good catch rating, and he just dropped it.

Curl Flat Zones
Another top community request was Curl-Flat (purple) zones. Curl-Flats would crash to the flats and leave deeper routes open down the sideline. We implemented a new rule called “No Cover Zone,” where underneath defenders won't jump routes five yards and under.

Yeah they dont jump routes at all. Literally will just stand there and watch a reception. And even after the ball is caught, the reaction is so slow if you dont have overhead coverage your screwed.

Fumble Recovery
A big legacy issue we focused on was fumble recoveries. We eliminated the extended piles where nobody can recover the ball. You will see much faster reactions to the ball on the ground, and players have an improved ability to grab the ball when it gets close to their hands.

So this idea is great, but 90% of the time OLineman get fumbles by RB's and QBs. Working as intended?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 02:17 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 2

Also the defensive holding penalty is still glitched like it was last year. Changing it in the cfm menu only to have it revert back to 50 in game
Old 08-31-2017, 05:07 PM   #67
Pro

These 15 yard punts in the wind and the return man always fumbling is really becoming a problem for me
Old 08-31-2017, 09:55 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman08
Fatigue definitely needs to be looked at. I'm hardly ever seeing any substitutions. I have it at 65 and my starting rb had 34 carries while my back up had 2 carries and that's because he's my 3rd down back
i've played my last 4 or 5 games (offline cfm) with fatigue at 100, with some pretty drastic in/out numbers (95/88 for the DL, for instance) and sub-rates have been pretty good. ridiculous you have to set them like that though.

haven't had any defenders disappear yet but i did lose a RB once.

i don't know why this is such a consistent problem.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:04 PM   #69
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman08
Fatigue definitely needs to be looked at. I'm hardly ever seeing any substitutions. I have it at 65 and my starting rb had 34 carries while my back up had 2 carries and that's because he's my 3rd down back
What were your auto-subs at? When I went into CFM to test them I put the RB at 95-100 and had fatigue at 50 and my RB came out after back-to-back carries to start the game.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:36 PM   #70
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
What were your auto-subs at? When I went into CFM to test them I put the RB at 95-100 and had fatigue at 50 and my RB came out after back-to-back carries to start the game.
He said, his DL
My question is,
If he's having to put his DL to 95/88 and Fatigue @ 100, just see rotation, does this mean Fatigue for lineman is way higher than HB, and other positions?
Old 08-31-2017, 11:27 PM   #71
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
i've played my last 4 or 5 games (offline cfm) with fatigue at 100, with some pretty drastic in/out numbers (95/88 for the DL, for instance) and sub-rates have been pretty good. ridiculous you have to set them like that though.

haven't had any defenders disappear yet but i did lose a RB once.

i don't know why this is such a consistent problem.
It's ashamed that we have to go through those extremes. Default should give us some substitutions. If I'm using auto subs and not getting subs then you know the cpu isn't getting any reps to the backups
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 11:43 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 1

On that kicking video, I'm not sure what you are complaining about. You hit the accuracy close to perfect and it went through. I'm lucky in a season to break 60% FGs and a good season is one where I don't miss more than 2-3 xps, so please don't let them make kicking any harder.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »