Home

Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

This is a discussion on Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 09-02-2017, 10:54 PM   #73
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

I hope they are NOT just putting on mascara for us Sim vs CPU guys, with Sim Mode.
Old 09-02-2017, 11:05 PM   #74
Banned

Re: Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I've had great interaction with Clint, never really gotten any response from Rex. That said the developers are under no obligation to respond to anyone on social media. I don't get the sense of entitlement where people get upset when devs who literally get thousands of tweets a day most of which are garbage, don't respond to them in a timely fashion or at all.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
I think they're upset because even though they have no obligation to be on social media, they've chosen to be on social media and apparently their employer does not mind.

I think if the devs or their supervisors are creating social media accounts to answer questions and the questions of H2H/MUT are being answered and the SIM questions are not or are not being answered as quickly, I can understand why people are upset. $60 is a lot of money to some people for a video game.

Literally every single thing we buy in life comes with expectations. Expectations vary wildly person-to-person. I work in IT as an engineer and have years of programming experience. The products and solutions I offer my customers absolutely have to work and if they don't, I fix them - or someone from my team does. With that said, my expectations for Madden may be much different than other people who have different occupations and knowledge regarding programming.
Old 09-02-2017, 11:06 PM   #75
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
I hope they are NOT just putting on mascara for us Sim vs CPU guys, with Sim Mode.
I do not have Madden 18 so I cannot test, but if you are to change your CFM from SIM/Arcade/Competitive -- has anyone done this and compared accuracy of QB's? Rollout or no rollout? Statues? etc.?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2017, 02:02 AM   #76
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
The question.
It sure looks/feels/seems like the big issues sim players are asking about, complaining about, or simply bringing to EAs attention are mostly ignored!
Yet, when a H2H, competitive, or MUT brings up issues, they're most times replied to with a pretty clear, concise answer.
Let's just call a spade a spade here...SIM is an afterthought...not anywhere near the top of their priority lists.
And all their chest thumping about how their going to improve the game for sim players is lip service. It's said to maybe milk another year or two of sales out of their most loyal, longest term customers. (Sim players many times have played this game from it's early days, when there was no MUT or online play.)
This year has been eye opening to me, and hopefully many others. We're not on their plans, we're not a priority, and most times we're not even worthy of a reply.
How many of the game changers are 1 player CFM players? I'd bet not but a couple. It's gotten clear with the crap they pulled this year. Holding off gameplay videos and impressions until nearly launch.
It's a sham.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Ummm...because this is an Arcade Tournament game like Tekken. It always has been. It's built for that and it's a blast to play that way. Plus it makes EA tons of cash. Sorry, but every sport is not represented in the video game world with a simulation. The sooner you accept this the sooner you can begin to enjoy the game (minus the programmed "bugs/glitches" embedded in the Code to help make the CPU more competitive when playing the AI).

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)

Last edited by inkcil; 09-03-2017 at 02:04 AM.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:05 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 3

My main issue is that while all the sports games are guilty of focusing on their Ultimate Team-type modes and even neglecting franchise mode players for a cycle, the other sports games at least seem to always come back to it, and make it a point saying "we didn't forget about you sim/franchise guys".

Madden hasn't done that for a long while. I can be reasonable with their excuses for not getting to it again this year, (frostbite engine, "under the hood fixes") but frankly, next Madden is my last hope. If they seriously pull this yet again and don't look to overhaul CFM or make AI, play-calling, bugs, etc. a priority, I'm writing off Madden completely.

Which is a shame because this can be such a memorable football game. But instead I'm left feeling guilty each year I purchase it thinking, "I fell for it again".
Old 09-03-2017, 02:38 AM   #78
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGNAGRONK
I believe this is patently false. Logic and common sense disagree, I am sorry.

When the same issues have persisted in Madden for YEARS it is clear that they do not care about fixing them. I did not purchase Madden 17 and I have no desire to purchase Madden 18 -- as I personally don't believe any enhancements have been made for quite some time. The population needing these fixes is too small. If all sim gamers left Madden, EA Sports wouldn't care.

This is the way technology is going. There is little profit to be made on day1 sales anymore. Microtransactions is where the market is currently at. Simple, really.
Sheesh, I mean you haven't bought (assuming played either) madden in 2 installments. Despite flaws both 17 and 18 brought improvements that change the gameplay.

Then in regards to day1 sales and micro transactions. If every single person in the world bought a video game, madden 18 for example, or mobile app, then that's it. The developer reached their maximum selling potential. Micro transactions is just an avenue for post release revenue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-03-2017, 02:38 AM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Ummm...because this is an Arcade Tournament game like Tekken. It always has been. It's built for that and it's a blast to play that way. Plus it makes EA tons of cash. Sorry, but every sport is not represented in the video game world with a simulation. The sooner you accept this the sooner you can begin to enjoy the game (minus the programmed "bugs/glitches" embedded in the Code to help make the CPU more competitive when playing the AI).
I'm sorry but this is one of the most ridiculous comments I've ever read about this topic, and possibly on OS in general.

1) "Ummm...because this is an Arcade Tournament game like Tekken. It always has been." -- no, this isn't true. If it was, they wouldn't have the game modes, "Simulation", "Competitive", and "ARCADE" this year. Madden has always had sliders. Always had ratings. Always had features and items that represent real life. Remember the passing cone? This was the only feature that allowed competitive games against the Falcons -- because it exposed Vick's accuracy. Seems like EA was taking a pretty realistic/simulation approach for that solution

2) "It's built for that and it's a blast to play that way." -- no, this isn't true either. If this were true, Operation Sports would not have a forum with OVER ONE MILLION POSTS about SIMULATION play and trying to fix all of EA Sports shortcomings with sliders and other customizations

3) "Sorry, but every sport is not represented in the video game world with a simulation." -- incorrect, again. These sports have titles for the "sim gamer": baseball, basketball, soccer, cricket, rugby, tennis, ping pong, bowling, shooting, MMA... what other sports are so popular that they should have a game? How did you even reach this conclusion?

4) "The sooner you accept this the sooner you can begin to enjoy the game" -- this is a fair point. If you can accept the fact that EA has no desire to improve the game to a point where we have acceptable results, then yes, we can either enjoy the product we have or choose not to play any football game because there is no other option

I hate to have to break down your comment like that but I personally believe opinions like this are why EA Sports fails every single year to give us a simulation football game. The game costs $60. If you have this kind of disposable income to throw around and your expectations of Madden are that low for a single player football game... then go for it. But Rex/Clint for the past three iterations have talked about catering to the SIM community. It is EA Sports that is PROMISING to give us a simulation football game. I think it is fair for people to complain.

If enough people actually quit purchasing Madden and started to complain, EA Sports might allocate some funds to fixing these legacy issues.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:48 AM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
Sheesh, I mean you haven't bought (assuming played either) madden in 2 installments. Despite flaws both 17 and 18 brought improvements that change the gameplay.

Then in regards to day1 sales and micro transactions. If every single person in the world bought a video game, madden 18 for example, or mobile app, then that's it. The developer reached their maximum selling potential. Micro transactions is just an avenue for post release revenue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Hey you're right -- I did not play M17 or M18 yet, so maybe I am wrong for criticizing. However, I really want to spend my free time playing Madden. I had high hopes this year they would fix some of the issues that prevented me from playing last year's title, but for the time being they are not fixed.

About day1 sales and microtranscations... you're exactly right and I think you've proved my point. If Madden 18 sold, say, 30 million copies then they generate almost 2 billion dollars in gross revenue. Years ago before digital sales, you lost a lot of money in distribution, sales fees, etc. In this model, every year EA Sports would need to produce a BETTER product to continue selling 30 million copies or more. However, they no longer need to do this. Digital sales eliminates the middle man at least on the physical level. Then with microtranscations they can lose millions of day1 sales because post-purchase sales cover and go beyond. Then when you factor in that there are no competitors... EA Sports no longer has to ever again satisfy the "sim gamer" if they do not want to. The microtransactions are infinitely more profitable than the couple million sim gamers that don't buy Madden again.

I love Madden and desperately want to play. I just cannot justify spending $60 of my hard-earned money, spending hours of my time tweaking sliders, and then playing a game that does not satisfy my "simulation" needs. So yes, I am vocalizing my opinion on the state of Madden before I have purchased it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »