Home

Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

This is a discussion on Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 09-06-2017, 01:37 AM   #89
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

I've stayed away from this thread because I didn't think it would be constructive, but now seeing that a pretty good discussion has formed.

To answer the thread topic (why I stayed away), they don't only answer H2H or MUT guys. You are seeing what you want to believe. I'm as offline sim as it gets and I've had interactions with Clint many times. Rex not so much. They answer questions and respond to criticisms about as fair as one could expect on twitter.

Now why I wanted to reply to this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Agree.

But here is the straw that broke the camels back for me and why I will not purchase another edition of Madden till far after launch (if at all) once I get confirmation that the CPU AI and QB AI has been overhauled.

We told them for 9 straight months after 17's release about shoddy CPU AI and QB AI.

We told them for 9 straight months about the CPU punt glitch when they punt into a 10mph wind and it goes 15-20 yards straight up in the air.

Madden 18 release.

Both bugs are all over the place.

They did not bother at all with two massive issues that were reported the entire cycle of Madden 17

That sends me a strong message.

We are dinosaurs and being swept under the rug.

No problem. I will talk with my wallet next cycle.

It is by far the worst sports game AI out of the big sports titles.

Bar none.
But let's not fool ourselves. We are not a priority and it is clear as day this year with the release of 18 in the state it is in.
This is a poster who for the past several years has been one of the biggest Madden supporters in this community. I don't mean to bring this up in a negative way, but over the past couple releases I have had discussions with him along the lines of me complaining about certain problems (QBs taking sacks was one of them) and him replying that while he acknowledges those problems he is still greatly enjoying the game. And now he has reached a point where he is unwilling to look past these issues.

This should be a giant red flag to EA. Not because A&S is some unique leader in the Madden community, but because people like him, me, and some others on OS are part of Madden's core consumer base. Basically we are part of that group where EA takes it for granted that we will purchase the new Madden. In terms of sales numbers, Madden has had a certain ceiling and floor. We have been part of that floor. EA starts losing guys like A&S, that floor drops to the basement level.

Now maybe EA thinks that with story modes like Longshot they can acquire new core gamers, but that is quite the gamble I think.

My message to EA or any Madden developer who may see this, you may want to stop taking us for granted. Games played offline against the AI represent the largest group of Madden games played. Its time you gave that style of play the attention it deserves.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:16 AM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I've stayed away from this thread because I didn't think it would be constructive, but now seeing that a pretty good discussion has formed.

To answer the thread topic (why I stayed away), they don't only answer H2H or MUT guys. You are seeing what you want to believe. I'm as offline sim as it gets and I've had interactions with Clint many times. Rex not so much. They answer questions and respond to criticisms about as fair as one could expect on twitter.

Now why I wanted to reply to this thread:

This is a poster who for the past several years has been one of the biggest Madden supporters in this community. I don't mean to bring this up in a negative way, but over the past couple releases I have had discussions with him along the lines of me complaining about certain problems (QBs taking sacks was one of them) and him replying that while he acknowledges those problems he is still greatly enjoying the game. And now he has reached a point where he is unwilling to look past these issues.

This should be a giant red flag to EA. Not because A&S is some unique leader in the Madden community, but because people like him, me, and some others on OS are part of Madden's core consumer base. Basically we are part of that group where EA takes it for granted that we will purchase the new Madden. In terms of sales numbers, Madden has had a certain ceiling and floor. We have been part of that floor. EA starts losing guys like A&S, that floor drops to the basement level.

Now maybe EA thinks that with story modes like Longshot they can acquire new core gamers, but that is quite the gamble I think.

My message to EA or any Madden developer who may see this, you may want to stop taking us for granted. Games played offline against the AI represent the largest group of Madden games played. Its time you gave that style of play the attention it deserves.
While we disagree on the level of interaction between devs and sim players, I do agree wholeheartedly with your 2nd point.
I don't want to see EA fail, but if that is the only thing that prevents offline CFM from crashing completely, then so be it.
I think their strategy of replacing lost offline players with rpg players is a stupid idea. You'll never garner enough new customers with a mode that lasts 2 or 3 hours to replace however many offline CFM players you're dropping.
And it IS dropping us... we're not dropping you. We've hung in there several years now out of a desire to have an NFL sim game to play!
But, patience has been tromped on over and over...we can't buy the hype, or believe the spin you put out leading us to keep thinking "maybe next year"
Tell them winter has come for house Madden...lol

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »