Home

Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

This is a discussion on Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-30-2017, 10:04 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie
Just a thought but would it be possible for you, or someone who has the ear of EA folks, to recommend they set up a FAQ where most of the common questions are answered so all folks need to do is visit the FAQ instead of pestering EA folks. IMO it would make EA's life as well as user experience much better.

As an example...

Q. When will Patch X release?
Ans. We are targeting 3rd week of Sep subject to passing platform holder (Sony, MS) certification/approval process.

Q. What will be included in Patch X?
Ans. It will enhance AI QB play, fix defensive coverages and pass rush. Along with these there would be a few minor improvements.

I mean surely this would be a much simpler and improved process and all EA will need to do is update the FAQ - probably once every couple of days, and after some time folks will simply visit the FAQ and only highlight the new bugs/glitches instead of harping on the old ones.
I'm not sure they are going to be putting that info anywhere in any official format. Commenting on patches before their release can be dangerous because sometimes things don't make it through testing and so they get pulled so that other things can get out. Also, I am surprised Rex actually commented on a patch date because those can be such fluid timelines.

I get the frustration people have with "the process". We live in a world today where you can get almost any information you want at anytime. Development though is one of those things that it can change so quickly that it is really hard to share accurate information, or else you end up setting people up for letdowns later on when things go wrong.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:19 AM   #10
Rookie

Re: Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
I'm not sure they are going to be putting that info anywhere in any official format. Commenting on patches before their release can be dangerous because sometimes things don't make it through testing and so they get pulled so that other things can get out. Also, I am surprised Rex actually commented on a patch date because those can be such fluid timelines.

I get the frustration people have with "the process". We live in a world today where you can get almost any information you want at anytime. Development though is one of those things that it can change so quickly that it is really hard to share accurate information, or else you end up setting people up for letdowns later on when things go wrong.
What you said made sense traditionally but not in the age of social media where customer expectations have changed drastically. it's not about EA or Rex not meeting a date or over-promising but about communication. back in the day you could get away with a "check back in a month" sort of response but not anymore thanks to the age of social media.

I'm more than sure that EA keeping the info close to their chest would lead to a poorer customer experience than they being honest and continually updating their customer base regarding the progress. And I'm not saying EA needs to share all the details and confidential information but i don't see something like patch being targeted for end of Sep being too much. in case they fail to meet the date they can always update that the patch may be delayed due to issues with the Patch testing or Patch breaking some other part of the game. Point is continual updates as part of the user experience journey is much more palatable to the folks than them not getting updates. Just my $.02 but I do see your POV.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:25 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie
What you said made sense traditionally but not in the age of social media where customer expectations have changed drastically. it's not about EA or Rex not meeting a date or over-promising but about communication. back in the day you could get away with a "check back in a month" sort of response but not anymore thanks to the age of social media.

I'm more than sure that EA keeping the info close to their chest would lead to a poorer customer experience than they being honest and continually updating their customer base regarding the progress. And I'm not saying EA needs to share all the details and confidential information but i don't see something like patch being targeted for end of Sep being too much. in case they fail to meet the date they can always update that the patch may be delayed due to issues with the Patch testing or Patch breaking some other part of the game. Point is continual updates as part of the user experience journey is much more palatable to the folks than them not getting updates. Just my $.02 but I do see your POV.
There is talking on social media, and posting lists in official fashion somewhere. Rex has basically given this information out in pieces over the last week or two but compiling it and placing it on the website probably still isn't happening. It was more in context to the FAQ question, your getting that on twitter unofficially. At the same time though keep in mind that Rex's bosses have said before he talks too much on Twitter haha.

Last edited by T4VERTS; 08-30-2017 at 10:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 10:50 AM   #12
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Sorry Verts, normally we see eye to eye but on this issue I cannot agree. I've tweeted Rex, Clint and John White numerous times only to be ignored or have rude responses. I also space it out every few days or so to not "spam" them.

It's also not just me sending tweets, but many others which is why this thread was actually created. It's an issue....

The videos and/or comments I've given them about the QB AI awareness, the issue with the QB running to the LOS then throwing the ball across their body, the defense (not JUST zones) where the defender will stutter or stop briefly giving space to the receivers.

Just a bunch of different issues. They have all been ignored. It's not some conspiracy theory that we have against the devs or managers at EA. We ARE in fact being mostly ignored.

I have looked at most of the responses Rex has given and they've been almost ALL to online and competitive players. I watch his twitter feed.

They're fixing zones (cause the competitive Game Changers demanded it from EA Play), and "pass rush". They're tuning pass rush to increase I assume? This is WORSE for the offline CFM crowd because QB's are statues taking tons of sacks and if you increase pass rush, it's TEN FOLD.

If you look at this post: As a community we cannot accept the current CPU QB play.

Post #662 - I have given a small sample size of the issues that we're getting.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 08-30-2017 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:54 AM   #13
Pro

Brooklynbks4's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm in agreement with verts that the developers do answer questions and it's helpful to check their timelines and especially the developers tweet thread as well. I think we have become spoiled with the fact that we can even have any contact with the developers at all . I'm all for getting as much info for changes and fixes to the game but let's not lead with the argument that because the devs don't respond to a tweet they don't care what I have to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2017, 11:50 AM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I have communicated with Rex and Clint for a few years now on Twitter and sometimes they will respond to my tweets/questions and sometimes they won't.

Last year, Clint was waiting at a airport on a Saturday morning during a layover and was answering questions over and over for a good hour. Unfortunately, that stuff is forgotten or is swept under the carpet when people feel like they are being ignored by the developers on every single question you pose to them.

I don't take it personal that some of my darn questions are ignored and that should be the mantra everyone else takes from it. Rex had a stream going last Saturday and I asked about the wind in CFM. I didn't get a response and only one person in that stream asked me what the issue was with wind in CFM.

It's not that they don't answer tweets from the sim crowd, it's that they don't have the time of the day to answer all of the sim crowds personal tweets/questions.

I've seen Clint answer some of the OSer's tweets.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:02 PM   #15
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

This is not at all directed at anyone...

To be frank. I also think some of the issues are how people ask questions. The best questions EVER could be completely undermined because of how people go about asking them. Two examples:

Example 1: QB AI is broken. They just stand in the pocket all the time and take sacks left and right. When will this be fixed?

Example 2: We noted that conservative force pass and balanced force pass in CFM don't jive with main menu rosters and appear to be backwards. Has this been noted?

Which question would you answer if you were a dev?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 12:18 PM   #16
MVP

When Certain things go unfixed for years and those are the things the developers don't answer questions about I am left feeling those things are not going to be fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »