Home

Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

This is a discussion on Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-30-2017, 12:22 PM   #17
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
This is not at all directed at anyone...

To be frank. I also think some of the issues are how people ask questions. The best questions EVER could be completely undermined because of how people go about asking them.
No I understand what you're saying Josh. Some people ask in a more condescending way.

However, as an example, one of MY questions that I asked him is below. Keep in mind I've asked him a TON of questions in a courteous and professional manner and he's never answered not ONE....

Except this one:

I mean when you ask alot of questions of the course of months and NEVER get a response, and then finally when he does answer me, I get the above response is pretty ridiculous. And this is from an employee.

I work Desktop Break/Fix for a huge health and medical company and if I answered one of my users like that, I cannot imagine the repercussions.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 08-30-2017 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:35 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

A week after launch, I have seen ZERO response to the statues QB issue.. not even an acknowledgement that they're looking into it.
And no response is never a good sign.
Imo, THIS is what happens when you own the market on a sports game. No incentive to improve, no reason to care about your product, and no reason to respond to anything or anybody that you don't feel like. Or, sending a tweet telling someone basically to just shut up....but that's just my thinking I guess.
To be honest, this has been the absolute worst Madden launch I've seen yet.
Terrible marketing decisions, little to no improvement in a major mode, and a plethora of bugs and game breaking issues...and then the condescending tweet...it's not good.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2017, 12:41 PM   #19
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Rex, John and others answer many tweets from fans about CFM, the problem is they get asked the same question 100 different ways and even when answering it they still get asked about it. If you search through their twitter feeds you can usually find the answer to the question you are looking for. It's probably not going to be the answer you want. but often times it has been answered.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:42 PM   #20
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Rex, John and others answer many tweets from fans about CFM, the problem is they get asked the same question 100 different ways and even when answering it they still get asked about it. If you search through their twitter feeds you can usually find the answer to the question you are looking for. It's probably not going to be the answer you want. but often times it has been answered.
Could you please post a screenshot of when he's answered about the QB AI issues with the inflated sacks or the QB's that run toward the LOS and then throw the ball back across their body instead of just running?
Old 08-30-2017, 12:55 PM   #21
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Could you please post a screenshot of when he's answered about the QB AI issues with the inflated sacks or the QB's that run toward the LOS and then throw the ball back across their body instead of just running?
I never said he answers everything, but to act like he answers nothing and almost ignores us, as the OP implied is false. We have an entire Dev Tweet thread which proves that wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 12:58 PM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
No I understand what you're saying Josh. Some people ask in a more condescending way.

However, as an example, one of MY questions that I asked him is below. Keep in mind I've asked him a TON of questions in a courteous and professional manner and he's never answered not ONE....

Except this one:

I mean when you ask alot of questions of the course of months and NEVER get a response, and then finally when he does answer me, I get the above response is pretty ridiculous. And this is from an employee.

I work Desktop Break/Fix for a huge health and medical company and if I answered one of my users like that, I cannot imagine the repercussions.
A few things:

1. Yes, he over-reacted to your question and we've already decided this a week ago.

2. How many times do you think this question is put on his Twitter feed every hour? Every minute? There was confusion over on this forum about day 1 or day 0.

3. You mentioned you hit them up every other day. I can count on both hands how many times I've hit them up over the past 2 years on Twitter. There is a difference, a huge difference. They see your Twitter handle pop up every 48 hours vs my twitter handle maybe 5 times a year.

4. They aren't CS and handle every customer inquiry, they just don't handle every person's question that comes across their timeline.

Last edited by roadman; 08-30-2017 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:12 PM   #23
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
A few things:

3. You mentioned you hit them up every other day. I can count on both hands how many times I've hit them up over the past 2 years on Twitter. There is a difference, a huge difference. They see your Twitter handle pop up every 48 hours vs my twitter handle maybe 5 times a year.

4. They aren't CS and handle every customer inquiry, they just don't handle every person's question that comes across their timeline.

To answer:

3. I mean it's not every other day Road. I would say some weeks it was a few times a week, some once a week. My point was I don't spam them every day or every other day.

4. I never said they were customer service. But we have no one else to turn to and every time I turn around they are answering about issues for the online and competitive scene. When I see questions about offline gameplay in regards to CPU QB AI (like mentioned in Deuce's thread), I've never seen it get answered.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:47 PM   #24
Rookie

Is there any way to go through all of the twitter responses and consolidate the questions and responses into a single post (without the Twitter image - just a simple FAQ format).

While I appreciate the developer thread being a sticky post and the countless other helpful but huge threads, it's difficult to wade through to find what info your looking for.

The post could be updated with the most recent responses - might save the developers a few million received tweets.

I've never tweeted them, by the way, but I imagine if I had a twitter feed like theirs I'd just quit Twitter. Just because you can tweet them and it's simple and quick to do, doesn't mean you should continually ask the same questions over and over. These are real world people, not Twitter bots- they have real world jobs and responsibilities beyond your tweets. From what I've seen they care a lot about the product they put out but I'm going to guess that they don't always have answers or answers that you want. If I were them and was being hounded - I wouldn't be quick to give unfavorable answers. Learn to accept no answer as your answer - there isn't an answer to your issue right now. Move on and make your purchase decisions accordingly. Just my two cents

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »