Home

Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

This is a discussion on Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-30-2017, 10:44 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

I still have 8 hours left on my ea access account. First year I have passed on Madden ever. I am really not missing it that much. Used to be a holiday. Remember that. Couldn't wait. Not anymore. I learned this year to wait until the people I trust on this board to give the game a good review. Than I may buy during the NFL season if things are better.

I'm a sim player/franchise guy too, you know the ones Madden does need anymore. That's cool, there are other sports games. Just how I feel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 10:52 PM   #42
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

If we got rid of MUT and Longshot we might have one hell of a game. Think of all that freed up memory to be used for franchise, AI, graphics and what not. To me ,MUT is Pokémon with a football. Totally unrealistic and is as far from Sim, it's as far from it as it can be.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:57 PM   #43
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Agree.

But here is the straw that broke the camels back for me and why I will not purchase another edition of Madden till far after launch (if at all) once I get confirmation that the CPU AI and QB AI has been overhauled.

We told them for 9 straight months after 17's release about shoddy CPU AI and QB AI.

We told them for 9 straight months about the CPU punt glitch when they punt into a 10mph wind and it goes 15-20 yards straight up in the air.

Madden 18 release.

Both bugs are all over the place.

They did not bother at all with two massive issues that were reported the entire cycle of Madden 17

That sends me a strong message.

We are dinosaurs and being swept under the rug.

No problem. I will talk with my wallet next cycle.

It's a shame because inside here is a heck of game and with a little effort the AI can be fixed.

But it wasn't.

It is by far the worst sports game AI out of the big sports titles.

Bar none.

And we sit around and put our minds together and come up with workarounds because of our sports gaming passion.

But let's not fool ourselves. We are not a priority and it is clear as day this year with the release of 18 in the state it is in.

Bad CPU QB AI
Bugged traits
Bugged punting by the CPU into the wind
CPU kicking 60 plus yard FGs all the time.

Come on.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Yea Sword. I buy Madden every year but this year for the same reasons as you has killed it in my mind. I too will wait and speak with my wallet.

As it is right now, for an offline CFM user the game is playable in an incredibly frustrating way if you're a stats guy and want realism like we used to have and good gameplay ontop of it.

The game is about immersion to me. ALL Sports games are about immersion to me. Always have been. I never play online. It's not my thing. I am an offline franchise, rebuilding teams kinda player.

This is why I love Football Manager (the soccer management simulation).

This is why I love Out of the Park Baseball (baseball simulation).

This is why I love NBA 2k.

I cannot take a game or a company seriously when they ignore major legacy issues that don't affect "the cool kids crowd" (online, MUT, competitive). Sorry to label it like that but it's what I perceive it as. WE are swept under the rug and have been. I'm done with Madden after this year until they fix these glaring legacy issues that have been ignored.

The patch that comes out mid-September is going to increase Pass Rush but they aren't fixing the QB AI legacy problem, so this issue will be much worse.

Mid-September I move on.

Yes it's my fault that I bought the game. I paid $80 for a game knowing that CFM wasn't touched (which is fine), but i got excited when they said they fixed a bunch of legacy gameplay issues only to find that some of the major ones that we've been begging to get fixed, didn't get looked at at all.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 08-30-2017 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:58 PM   #44
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
If we got rid of MUT and Longshot we might have one hell of a game. Think of all that freed up memory to be used for franchise, AI, graphics and what not. To me ,MUT is Pokémon with a football. Totally unrealistic and is as far from Sim, it's as far from it as it can be.
I'm in your corner, but it's too small of a corner.

MUT might not be sim, but it's a money generator and is here for the long haul.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:02 PM   #45
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
but they aren't fixing the QB AI legacy problem, so this issue will be much worse.

Mid-September I move on.
I thought they were investigating the QB AI issue?

Link to that they aren't fixing it, now I'm confused.

If you are talking about not fixing the QB AI when the zone and pass rush title update drops, of course not, especially, if they are just investigating it.

I understand your sentiment, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 11:06 PM   #46
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I thought they were investigating the QB AI issue?

Link to that they aren't fixing it, now I'm confused.

If you are talking about not fixing the QB AI when the zone and pass rush title update drops, of course not, especially, if they are just investigating it.

I understand your sentiment, though.
They are just now investigating it so it won't be in until atleast the patch after this mid-september one.

But they're fixing zones which is great, but they're also tuning UP pass rush which is bad for us. Sacks are already inflated because of the QB AI issues but we have the workarounds, but with increased and tuned up pass rush the sacks will be increased which is going to make it worse.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:11 PM   #47
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
They are just now investigating it so it won't be in until atleast the patch after this mid-september one.

But they're fixing zones which is great, but they're also tuning UP pass rush which is bad for us. Sacks are already inflated because of the QB AI issues but we have the workarounds, but with increased and tuned up pass rush the sacks will be increased which is going to make it worse.
That's what we get for complaining the QB's stood around like statues. lol
Old 08-31-2017, 12:01 AM   #48
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
That's what we get for complaining the QB's stood around like statues. lol
I really hope the Rex and co. don't believe that the reason the QB's standing around like statues is cause the pass rush isn't good enough. I'm pretty sure you were being facetious but I worry that they really think this lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »