Home

Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

This is a discussion on Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 09-02-2017, 01:31 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
And most of the tweets they receive are FROM competitive and MUT players, so that makes sense.

That community is bigger on Twitter. That community sends more tweets to the developers. That community gets more replies because they send more tweets. It's pretty easy to follow.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
So say the h2h and MUT players. We get it guys, you like the game, and are happy and satisfied with your ability to contact the devs.
You're also happy because you don't have as many glaring issues as the other game modes, so therefore don't NEED to have your voices heard.
However, those of us that are on the other side of this issue aren't going to accept our loss and simply walk away without at least making the effort to bring it to their attention.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2017, 07:56 AM   #66
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I've had great interaction with Clint, never really gotten any response from Rex. That said the developers are under no obligation to respond to anyone on social media. I don't get the sense of entitlement where people get upset when devs who literally get thousands of tweets a day most of which are garbage, don't respond to them in a timely fashion or at all.

I don’t disagree.

I just want them to respond with action to community feedback on legacy issues. I could care less about tweets......give me results and action on things we have communicated to them for years.....and years.
God of War Ragnorok (PS5)
Red Dead Redemption (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-02-2017, 09:33 AM   #67
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I don’t disagree.

I just want them to respond with action to community feedback on legacy issues. I could care less about tweets......give me results and action on things we have communicated to them for years.....and years.
Agree on this, but I love seeing Davantae Adams catching a wide open pass, sprinting for the TD and crossing the goal line. In prior Madden's, he would have been tackled by a slower LB.

I love a big safety putting the beat down on a unsuspecting RB this year.

Size and ratings matter.

I agree with the kicking game, that needs to be turned around and back to what it was prior to Madden 17.

They did knock out some legacy issues that I'm noticing in this Madden, but we don't hear about that stuff.

I have my issues with the game, I'm throwing interceptions with Rodgers like it's nobodies business. I'm seeing ratings matter much more than I did in previous Madden's. It's good to see a OL line dominate a weak DL. I need more labbing time with this Madden than ever before.

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2017/fixes

Edit- This is the kind of stuff the developers deal with on Twitter on a daily basis:

are you kidding me ? Y'all think receivers drop the ball every time they get it which they don't especially a soft hit.FIXIT

The defender was on his back, drove him to the ground. He landed on the ball which knocked it out.

Here's another beauty in the same thread:

Only care about qbs being so inaccurate at times it's ridiculous

Same poster: So in madden 17 it didn't happen or at least I never had it happen as much as it has with 18. So why now?

Last edited by roadman; 09-02-2017 at 09:45 AM.
Old 09-02-2017, 01:03 PM   #68
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
So say the h2h and MUT players. We get it guys, you like the game, and are happy and satisfied with your ability to contact the devs.
Not all of them are happy with the game as-is. Most probably are, though.

"happy and satisfied with your ability to contact the devs" - I'm not even sure what this means. Everyone with a Twitter account has the ability to contact the devs, not just H2H or MUT guys.

Quote:
You're also happy because you don't have as many glaring issues as the other game modes, so therefore don't NEED to have your voices heard.
Their thoughts don't NEED to be heard because they may be generally happier with the game?

Quote:
However, those of us that are on the other side of this issue aren't going to accept our loss and simply walk away without at least making the effort to bring it to their attention.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Who is telling you to accept the loss and walk away without making an effort?

Old 09-02-2017, 04:23 PM   #69
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

I would first like to make a point regarding the Title of this thread..the issue isn't "Sim" against, MUT, etc..the underlining issue I'm seeing with Madden of recent years is a Single Player game against Head to Head issue..one member here I respect the most LBz is prob the most "Sim" player I know but he plays online against other players..doesn't make he less "Sim"

Madden is no longer designed to be played alone...issues regarding CPU QB play is a prime example..and so are CPU playbooks..

If this game was designed for single player, those two glaring issues I just stated would have been fixed. Unfortunately for me that leaves me unhappy but I get it..this is the trend of not just Madden but all video games including sports games..

As far as Dev responding to Single player "Sim" players..I have had several contacts with Clint and he is normally extremely helpful and fast with responses..plus I enjoy his overly sarcastic comments towards aggressive posters..I would not be able to deal with some if not most of the comments he receives

Rex I haven't spoken too..but that's ok He owes me nothing to respond..I think I have just come to realize the type of game I want (which is a full Coach Mode football game) isn't ever going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621

Last edited by StefJoeHalt; 09-02-2017 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 09-02-2017, 05:08 PM   #70
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
I would first like to make a point regarding the Title of this thread..the issue isn't "Sim" against, MUT, etc..the underlining issue I'm seeing with Madden of recent years is a Single Player game against Head to Head issue..one member here I respect the most LBz is prob the most "Sim" player I know but he plays online against other players..doesn't make he less "Sim"

Madden is no longer designed to be played alone...issues regarding CPU QB play is a prime example..and so are CPU playbooks..

If this game was designed for single player, those two glaring issues I just stated would have been fixed. Unfortunately for me that leaves me unhappy but I get it..this is the trend of not just Madden but all video games including sports games..

As far as Dev responding to Single player "Sim" players..I have had several contacts with Clint and he is normally extremely helpful and fast with responses..plus I enjoy his overly sarcastic comments towards aggressive posters..I would not be able to deal with some if not most of the comments he receives

Rex I haven't spoken too..but that's ok He owes me nothing to respond..I think I have just come to realize the type of game I want (which is a full Coach Mode football game) isn't ever going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yep, I totally agree with this post. While they do address some of things concerning the CPU, this is definitely the area where more of the issues are likely to be neglected in a given year, and therefore questions about these issues are also more likely to be ignored or given a perfunctory response. Sadly, H2H gameplay is now the Big Kahuna.

I will say this though, even though they may make some errors in implementation, putting a lot of work in on CPU A.I. every year is something that I can always count on from our basketball game making peeps in Northern California.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-02-2017, 05:11 PM   #71
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Agree on this, but I love seeing Davantae Adams catching a wide open pass, sprinting for the TD and crossing the goal line. In prior Madden's, he would have been tackled by a slower LB.

I love a big safety putting the beat down on a unsuspecting RB this year.

Size and ratings matter.

I agree with the kicking game, that needs to be turned around and back to what it was prior to Madden 17.

They did knock out some legacy issues that I'm noticing in this Madden, but we don't hear about that stuff.

I have my issues with the game, I'm throwing interceptions with Rodgers like it's nobodies business. I'm seeing ratings matter much more than I did in previous Madden's. It's good to see a OL line dominate a weak DL. I need more labbing time with this Madden than ever before.

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2017/fixes

Edit- This is the kind of stuff the developers deal with on Twitter on a daily basis:

are you kidding me ? Y'all think receivers drop the ball every time they get it which they don't especially a soft hit.FIXIT

The defender was on his back, drove him to the ground. He landed on the ball which knocked it out.

Here's another beauty in the same thread:

Only care about qbs being so inaccurate at times it's ridiculous

Same poster: So in madden 17 it didn't happen or at least I never had it happen as much as it has with 18. So why now?

Oh yeah Roadman......I love a lot of things about 18....it is an improvement from 17 in many many ways.

Just want those two big things tuned properly (QB AI and kicking back to out of the box Madden 17 before the online whining/And the Cpu Punt Bug).
God of War Ragnorok (PS5)
Red Dead Redemption (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2017, 10:44 PM   #72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
They aren't being ignored. They circulate all the videos sent to them of issues to their analysts for review. For some things there simply aren't answers and for others if you get the same question 50 times you may stop answering it over again at 10. Check their tweets and replies and you will see they get them same questions repeatedly, at some point it's good to check their TL to see if they already answered it.
I believe this is patently false. Logic and common sense disagree, I am sorry.

When the same issues have persisted in Madden for YEARS it is clear that they do not care about fixing them. I did not purchase Madden 17 and I have no desire to purchase Madden 18 -- as I personally don't believe any enhancements have been made for quite some time. The population needing these fixes is too small. If all sim gamers left Madden, EA Sports wouldn't care.

This is the way technology is going. There is little profit to be made on day1 sales anymore. Microtransactions is where the market is currently at. Simple, really.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »