Home

Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

This is a discussion on Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-30-2017, 01:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

The question.
It sure looks/feels/seems like the big issues sim players are asking about, complaining about, or simply bringing to EAs attention are mostly ignored!
Yet, when a H2H, competitive, or MUT brings up issues, they're most times replied to with a pretty clear, concise answer.
Let's just call a spade a spade here...SIM is an afterthought...not anywhere near the top of their priority lists.
And all their chest thumping about how their going to improve the game for sim players is lip service. It's said to maybe milk another year or two of sales out of their most loyal, longest term customers. (Sim players many times have played this game from it's early days, when there was no MUT or online play.)
This year has been eye opening to me, and hopefully many others. We're not on their plans, we're not a priority, and most times we're not even worthy of a reply.
How many of the game changers are 1 player CFM players? I'd bet not but a couple. It's gotten clear with the crap they pulled this year. Holding off gameplay videos and impressions until nearly launch.
It's a sham.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited by mykelmosinee; 08-30-2017 at 01:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 01:58 AM   #2
Rookie

dayornite's Arena

Re: Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

Popularity

/end thread
Old 08-30-2017, 08:34 AM   #3
MVP

Re: Why does EA answer any tweets from H2H or MUT players, yet almost ignore Sim?

They aren't being ignored. They circulate all the videos sent to them of issues to their analysts for review. For some things there simply aren't answers and for others if you get the same question 50 times you may stop answering it over again at 10. Check their tweets and replies and you will see they get them same questions repeatedly, at some point it's good to check their TL to see if they already answered it.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:22 AM   #4
Rookie

Wouldn't it then be beneficial to everybody (including them) to post some updates more regularly as to WHAT ISSUES they are aware of? Not necessarily a time frame for a fix, but to simply acknowledge to a large group of dedicated people that they're at least looking into these things?
I think that would go much farther than telling somebody "how about you stop worrying about it" response. Almost seems like we're bothering them by asking about things that may make the game unplayable for some.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:36 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
Wouldn't it then be beneficial to everybody (including them) to post some updates more regularly as to WHAT ISSUES they are aware of? Not necessarily a time frame for a fix, but to simply acknowledge to a large group of dedicated people that they're at least looking into these things?
I think that would go much farther than telling somebody "how about you stop worrying about it" response. Almost seems like we're bothering them by asking about things that may make the game unplayable for some.

To be fair, it has been mentioned between Rex and Clint ad nauseam that zones and pass rush will be getting tuned. If people really want an answer the first place they should look at is their tweets and replies, most of the answers can be found there. Remember there are two of them (Clint/Rex) and thousands of us. Answering questions on Twitter isn't really part of their job it is something they do as an effort to try and connect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 09:55 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
They aren't being ignored. They circulate all the videos sent to them of issues to their analysts for review. For some things there simply aren't answers and for others if you get the same question 50 times you may stop answering it over again at 10. Check their tweets and replies and you will see they get them same questions repeatedly, at some point it's good to check their TL to see if they already answered it.
Just a thought but would it be possible for you, or someone who has the ear of EA folks, to recommend they set up a FAQ where most of the common questions are answered so all folks need to do is visit the FAQ instead of pestering EA folks. IMO it would make EA's life as well as user experience much better.

As an example...

Q. When will Patch X release?
Ans. We are targeting 3rd week of Sep subject to passing platform holder (Sony, MS) certification/approval process.

Q. What will be included in Patch X?
Ans. It will enhance AI QB play, fix defensive coverages and pass rush. Along with these there would be a few minor improvements.

I mean surely this would be a much simpler and improved process and all EA will need to do is update the FAQ - probably once every couple of days, and after some time folks will simply visit the FAQ and only highlight the new bugs/glitches instead of harping on the old ones.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:56 AM   #7
Rookie

Kwarren3's Arena

I've tweeted Rex, John, and Kane at least 3 times each about the issue where the pre game intro videos freeze right before they transition to the next. It looks AWFUL. Haven't got a response yet. Kane has always been great about responding. I've reached out to him multiple times in the past and he's got back to me as well as actually fixing most of the issues I brought up. He's been kind of silent after that article attacking him popped up online. I hope his bosses didn't get on to him because he's always been the best one about interacting with the community.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:02 AM   #8
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwarren3
I've tweeted Rex, John, and Kane at least 3 times each about the issue where the pre game intro videos freeze right before they transition to the next. It looks AWFUL. Haven't got a response yet. Kane has always been great about responding. I've reached out to him multiple times in the past and he's got back to me as well as actually fixing most of the issues I brought up. He's been kind of silent after that article attacking him popped up online. I hope his bosses didn't get on to him because he's always been the best one about interacting with the community.
More than likely he is just tired of the BS and being dogged to death for anything and everything. People take for granted Devs being interactive on social media and honestly I don't know how the Devs could stomach most of the garbage that gets thrown at them online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »