Home

Wow, The Amazon reviews are scaring me a little

This is a discussion on Wow, The Amazon reviews are scaring me a little within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2017, 02:50 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Wow, The Amazon reviews are scaring me a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayPlation82
What would you give 17? sounds like you're saying the game got a little better. it leads me to assume you think 17 was a 4/10 perhaps?
yea that's prob accurate assessment after I quit playing after 3-4 months. 18 seems only a little tighter gameplay wise, unlike 17 ..
Old 08-30-2017, 03:01 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
can someone explain how they can let their A.I. take a backstep from previous games? I played Madden 11, 12 and 13 the other day, and they don't have these extensive AI issues, or if they did, nobody seemed to notice or care...
I would think they make changes to make the game play better head to head which messes up cpu ai and they gladly accept that cost. They don't get publicity from franchise. It's all about competitive head to head after release. That is what they cater to.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:25 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomo6619
Agreed. It's annoying when people say a game is "just a polished version of the year before" or whatever but Madden 18 actually defines this. Graphics are obviously much better, but gameplay is the exact same with just a couple of added quirks such as bobbled catches.

The thing that frustrates me the most is how they made the graphics look much better yet the sidelines still look like they're from 2005 and the fans don't look any better either.

IMO fans look worse this year because I go to Broncos games all the time and 80% of the people wear orange to the game and for some reason this year Madden changed the crowd color in Denver to just a dark blue haze. Looks awful.

They spent their time on longshot rather than perfecting small details that bother everybody year to year. The sidelines are empty! The aisles are empty in the stadium and it overall just feels like a shell rather than an actual atmosphere.
I know this has been said in other threads but the reason the sidelines and crowds look as bad as they do is so the gameplay can run at 60 FPS and the players on the field can look as good as they do. With as powerful as current gen systems are, it takes all resources to make the things that truly matter work as well as they do. Everything would take a hit to improve the crowds and sidelines and the fact is the majority of gamers don't care. Maybe by the time PS8 rolls around the power to accomplish that will be there lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »