Home

Old 08-30-2017, 12:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Patriot Wildcat

I apologize if this should be in the MUT thread. I've played Madden for several years (typically Franchise), but never played on-line. I've become more interested in the MUT this year and decided to play a head-to-head match on-line.

I played against someone who used the Patriots and a Wildcat formation where 3 or 4 players lined up near the tradional center position, 3 or 4 were spread way left, and 3 or 4 were spread way right.

Regardless of the defense I picked, 46, goalline, etc., I was always outnumbered near the center at the snap. I tried manually moving a LB over but easily got outmaneuvered. My question - what defense stops this?

Not a great experience for my first on-line game, as I was hoping for something a little more "traditional". I know if I could have stopped them, then it forces them to call other plays. I just couldn't come up with a formation within the time of this game to do anything effective. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 12:54 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Patriot Wildcat

The formation is called Gun Monster and is found in the Browns playbook, I believe (could be others, but that's the only one I'm aware of).

I've played 20+ head to head games so far and have only ran into one opponent that's abused this so far. He destroyed me with it but it was only my second game and I had no clue what I was doing.

I still really don't know what I'm doing but I read somewhere if you pinch and/or crash your d-line, they will return to the middle rather than staying on the outside.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:04 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks for identifying the playbook and formation, and for the advice. I didn't try any D-line adjustments as I was scrambling to get another play over to even the odds.

Glad to hear you haven't run into this much. I'll try a few more games and see how it goes.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:14 PM   #4
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

I have only come across it once and it was in a head 2 head matchup. I had some success using cover 2 and dime against it but my opponent still ripped off some big plays using it.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:03 PM   #5
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

I came across a Cowboys user doing this. At first everything I was trying would not work. Straight blitz, show blitz, base align all would leave only 3 defenders in the box. What finally stopped it was going goalline. This kept 4 linemen in the box plus my Mike. Don't go all out blitz because the threat of the screen is still there. After I stopped the run a few times he tried to pop it out to his WR but I also had enough numbers on the outside using goalline.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2017, 01:20 PM   #6
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Here is a clip of a guy trying to use this against me. At first I went dime because I thought he was using the "normal" wildcat with a RB at QB, and dime seems to be the only thing that can shut down the sweeps out of "normal" wildcat for me.

https://youtu.be/tiPRHWS-bG0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2017, 12:22 AM   #7
Pro

It's the Gun Monster formation, only 3 OL are at the LOS, the Tackles are spread out wide, which leads to the Defensive Ends covering them.

Just pinch your DL, your DEs should move back to where they belong and you'll have a numbers advantage in the middle (3 OL vs 4 DL).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »