Home

M17 - Trying to turn off CPU control

This is a discussion on M17 - Trying to turn off CPU control within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2017, 12:49 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
M17 - Trying to turn off CPU control

I've been reading several threads like this one on trying to setup a Season with no CPU moves but no matter how many test I run, I can't seem to get it to work.

So, I'm asking if anyone figured out how to disable all trades completely with one or 32 teams in Human control. I've tried every combination and nothing. I'm even willing to go with disabling trades altogether but releasing and practice roster signing happen anyway.

Any help would be great, my brain is fried from running tests. If there's some other Madden-only forum I'd love to hear about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 01:23 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: M17 - Trying to turn off CPU control

I have a 32-team controlled franchise. Everything is on manual. When I FIRST started up the franchise, the CPU made trades (it is as if when one owner was created, the CPU had control over everyone else and made pre-season week one trades). I ignored them. You could go to the transaction page and just re-trade everyone. My guess is if you find a week 1 NFL roster to download you won't have to assign players to the practice squad (I started pre-season; the game will automatically sign players if you don't for your owned teams). Once I assigned players to the practice squad no one got released unless I did it and no one got poached unless I did it.

After that I played through 16 regular season weeks, all post-season, did my manual drafting and am now in the 3rd week of the next pre-season and I have not seen one CPU trade and no one was released without me doing it. I have made several manual trades in some cases to mimic real-life and others that seemed to be prudent for the teams involved.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:43 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
My guess is if you find a week 1 NFL roster to download you won't have to assign players to the practice squad (I started pre-season; the game will automatically sign players if you don't for your owned teams). Once I assigned players to the practice squad no one got released unless I did it and no one got poached unless I did it.
Wait, let me understand this... are you saying there is a way to set up the rosters beforehand so that they have a certain number and are "ready" for Week 1 without having to worry about movements? In The Show, if you start a season with a roster that has exactly 25 men on each team, the CPU doesn't rearrange or cut anyone. Is it like that? If so, how many players do I need to be on each roster?
Old 08-30-2017, 02:32 PM   #4
MVP

What I'm saying is that I see often "there is a new roster to download"....if this is something available it may help for the 2017 season you want to play. I downloaded the pre-season 2017 week 1 roster from the system, not a roster from the community nor do I know if such things exist. I know in The Show there is are many rosters available, but I don't know for Madden if this is something available or would be useful for you.

I haven't tried it with Madden but other games from EA allowed for roster manipulation in the main screen, save as a different file name, load up that file as the active and when you start your franchise/career it asks if you want to use the current active where you'd say yes. I've done that with Fifa often. If others here are making rosters maybe that could be done. I think 53 is the team max, and 63 if you have 10 players on the practice squad. My experience was if you didn't fill the practice squad the CPU did so for you.

There was a thread a while ago lamenting the inability to start a Season up quickly and without the CPU moves. So perhaps the ability to get a Week 1 accurate 2017 roster (or whatever year you want to try) is not possible. I'm just saying I have not had any circumstances where the CPU added, dropped or traded in my franchise on their own.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:09 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

How did you get the cpu to trade?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2019, 07:56 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaneo
How did you get the cpu to trade?
I didn't. I think the game thought I was owner/GM so the CPU never traded outside of the initial setup of the league. When I created the first owner (me) then started to add the other 31 characters by the time I changed to 32 team control of all, there were several trades made. AFTER THAT I didn't see any CPU/CPU or CPU to Me offers. For example, Luke Willson was traded from Seattle to the Jets before I took possession for the first pre-season game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »