Home

Any Glaring Issues with Madden 18 Online CFM Simmed Stats?

This is a discussion on Any Glaring Issues with Madden 18 Online CFM Simmed Stats? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2017, 11:05 PM   #1
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0
Any Glaring Issues with Madden 18 Online CFM Simmed Stats?

The last Madden I played was 15 and it had a big issue with simmed stats for the CPU. The games I played in were fine, but the rest of the simmed games weren't. Madden 15 had low sack numbers, no CPU FG's made over 50 yards and CPU simmed kickers were automatic inside 50 yards, crazy high reception totals and low yards per reception, crazy high passing TDs, and abnormally high tackles for some positions.

These all fixed in Madden 18? Are there some new issues with stats this year that I should know about?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 12:22 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Any Glaring Issues with Madden 18 Online CFM Simmed Stats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
The last Madden I played was 15 and it had a big issue with simmed stats for the CPU. The games I played in were fine, but the rest of the simmed games weren't. Madden 15 had low sack numbers, no CPU FG's made over 50 yards and CPU simmed kickers were automatic inside 50 yards, crazy high reception totals and low yards per reception, crazy high passing TDs, and abnormally high tackles for some positions.

These all fixed in Madden 18? Are there some new issues with stats this year that I should know about?
Nothing has been fixed. The simulation engine is still a complete disaster. Absolutely zero broken tackles for the elite running backs, for starters.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:06 AM   #3
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrtkolman
Nothing has been fixed. The simulation engine is still a complete disaster. Absolutely zero broken tackles for the elite running backs, for starters.
Looks like some of it has been fixed since Madden 15. This was a Cloud CFM sim on All-Madden with injuries turned off (that will skew stats). I've simmed about 10 years in a franchise and there are only a few outliers.

Aaron Donald has 189 sacks (28 in 2019 and 23in 2021) and Cam Jordan and Brandon Graham both had 23 sack seasons (those could happen I guess). Tyreek Hill has 13 kick return TD's. Fournette has 178 rush TD's.

A bunch of RB's have/had over 15k rushing yards, which is a bit odd. Bell broke Emmitt's record. That could probably be adjusted with sliders that weren't touched for this sim. At least Jerry Rice's records aren't being broken. That was happening often in my Madden 15 CFM sims. Sack and INT numbers look good.

The yards per reception still looks to be an issue and a number of QB's ended their careers over 60k passing yards. A few broke Manning's record. The passing yardage is a bit high. That could probably be adjusted with sliders.

At least the kicker XP issue others have brought up isn't happening. So kickers must be making their XP's in Cloud CFM's. Kickers are making 50 yard FG's and none of them broke the 60 yard mark in 10 years of sim.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:45 AM   #4
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

There are a ton of issues with it. I did a ten year sim in M17 and tracked a bunch of things from the top ten leaders in each major category and then the league wide stats and compared it to the last ten years of the NFL's numbers and based off a season of Madden 18 I don't think it's been touched.

One issue is that every year you sim the amount of rushing TD's league wide will break the actual NFL record by around 200 TD's. In the one M18 sim I did there was 719 rushing TD's in the league and the most ever in an NFL season is 487. Passing TD's are the same way but not nearly as exaggerated.

That season also came like 20 or something carries from breaking the record for most carries ever and the league wide YPC average was only 3.7 and it hasn't been that low in like 20 years.

You'll see extremely odd stat lines for running backs as well. For instance in the season I simmed Adrian Peterson had 1043 yards, 18 TD, and 3.8 YPC on 271 carries and his long run was 12. Also, Samaje Perine had 445 yards on 152 carries with a long of 6...and 15 touchdowns. Sproles managed zero have 18 TD's on 152 carries.

PPG will be much higher every year than any real NFL season has ever been.

In Madden 17, Khalil Mack broke the sack record three different times including a 30 and 27 sack season. In 18 it was tied in the one I tracked data by Melvin Ingram and then also in another one I checked by Brandon Graham.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:00 AM   #5
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm in offline, so it may be different...however, offline I've noticed sacks to be an issue, and missed XPs.

In order to fix sacks, I edited every QB 'sense pressure' trait to 'Ideal' this completely fixed the sacks issue on both sides of the ball. Interceptions and yards also look good

Missed XPs is something the devs said they'd fix with the upcoming patch. I'm unable to find a otter nor or a fix for them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 11:05 AM   #6
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
There are a ton of issues with it. I did a ten year sim in M17 and tracked a bunch of things from the top ten leaders in each major category and then the league wide stats and compared it to the last ten years of the NFL's numbers and based off a season of Madden 18 I don't think it's been touched.

One issue is that every year you sim the amount of rushing TD's league wide will break the actual NFL record by around 200 TD's. In the one M18 sim I did there was 719 rushing TD's in the league and the most ever in an NFL season is 487. Passing TD's are the same way but not nearly as exaggerated.

That season also came like 20 or something carries from breaking the record for most carries ever and the league wide YPC average was only 3.7 and it hasn't been that low in like 20 years.

You'll see extremely odd stat lines for running backs as well. For instance in the season I simmed Adrian Peterson had 1043 yards, 18 TD, and 3.8 YPC on 271 carries and his long run was 12. Also, Samaje Perine had 445 yards on 152 carries with a long of 6...and 15 touchdowns. Sproles managed zero have 18 TD's on 152 carries.

PPG will be much higher every year than any real NFL season has ever been.

In Madden 17, Khalil Mack broke the sack record three different times including a 30 and 27 sack season. In 18 it was tied in the one I tracked data by Melvin Ingram and then also in another one I checked by Brandon Graham.
I wasn't seeing a lot of rushing TD's except for Fournette. Surprisingly he never approached the season or single game records with his 178 total. I'll have to start messing around with sliders now to see what kind of results I get after 10 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »