Home

Is MUT Draft dead?

This is a discussion on Is MUT Draft dead? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2017, 03:47 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Is MUT Draft dead?

Dead to me. 5 tickets plus you have to spend money or use coins 15k just to get more. I'll stick to salary cap with 3 tickets.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:04 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
It's definitely frustrating compared last year. It's something I looked forward to this year. I got my fantasy draft fix without having to grind in MUT.

You don't have to pay "real money" at all though. You can get them with coins, which doesn't require real money either. Just time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

Yeah but to grind and get 15k in coins just to get 5 tickets and potentially play one MUT Draft game (if you lose) isn't worth it. Even with the packs they give you for entering. The rewards are nice, but the fun of the mode is drafting your team and playing against other people with simi-similar teams. I literally played 100's of draft champs games last year and it was probably my favorite mode....this year I've play 7 and now can't play cause I used all my "free" tickets. It's stupid. EA ruined it.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:38 PM   #11
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
Yeah but to grind and get 15k in coins just to get 5 tickets and potentially play one MUT Draft game (if you lose) isn't worth it. Even with the packs they give you for entering. The rewards are nice, but the fun of the mode is drafting your team and playing against other people with simi-similar teams. I literally played 100's of draft champs games last year and it was probably my favorite mode....this year I've play 7 and now can't play cause I used all my "free" tickets. It's stupid. EA ruined it.
I loved the casualness of the unranked mode last year. I didn't even care that people would rage quit often in the first couple of rounds, as you still felt you were advancing. The greed behind this move is disturbing, but not at all surprising given EA's history.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2017, 02:12 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 9

Yeah, I asked Rex about this on Twitter and naturally he ignored the question. I asked if Draft Champions is only available as a microtransactions mode, if it there was an unranked/free mode?

This is one thing that has gone under the radar completely, and it's really disappointing. I liked playing Unranked Draft Champions because even if people quit you generally got even teams and it was a good way to play casually online with even teams with a good variety of new players. With play now online, you only see the Patriots, Cowboys, Atlanta, and a handful of other dominant teams, so if you ever wanted to pick, like a 78 OVR Miami or something you'd have to go up against somebody with a powerhouse and it skewed the results.

Unranked Draft Champions was a lot of fun... Even teams, casual, and I might sit down for an hour or two on a friday night and play till I lose. Now, with the microtransactions sytem... seems really cheap. Like, you pay $60 for this game, and now one of the game modes that used to be free requires you to purchase tickets to play it. Wtf...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »