Home

Problem in CFM with high-scoring games

This is a discussion on Problem in CFM with high-scoring games within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2017, 04:22 PM   #17
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Problem in CFM with high-scoring games

Sliders and a higher speed threshold help the defense significantly.
Old 09-02-2017, 04:44 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I have the same problem, I'm dead last in my Bears CFM in points allowed and the next team isn't even close. I like to play conservatively on offense but it makes it impossible when I'm constantly in shootouts so I've been slinging the ball all over the field throwing tons of picks which just compounds the problem
Old 09-02-2017, 05:38 PM   #19
Just started!

OVR: 0

I am also having this problem. I have not played Madden since 2010 so it could be that I'm a very terrible player... but that in mind (and knowing that I just 'user' a defensive lineman on defense) do you reccomend a specific slider set of those listed in the slider section of this website to best help me get more realistic games?

Afraid I'm a little overwhelmed by all the minutia/different suggestions on sliders: would like a reccomendation for the best CPU QB not-being-amazing set that I can plug in and forget about. Also, the RB's are getting too many carries in a game or too-high YPC averages (or both).

Is there a best set to nuke the CPU? Or more importantly, even if I'm still a crap player at least just make great stats look like great stats and not all-time unrealistic mega-stats?
Old 09-02-2017, 06:50 PM   #20
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadokguy
This is probably the worst defensive play I've ever seen in a Madden game, so I'm blaming the secondary settings. I have DB's going in for the press and tripping over themselves into the backfield with a decent press rating, while the WR side steps them and goes for the streak for an automatic TD. I decided to compensate by not using press settings, but then noticed my FS leaving his zone completely to allow the TE to run a steak down the seam. It's a deep zone play, and he decides to to run behind my DB and tackle him from behind. I am hoping they fix the secondary soon. The only saving grace is the over sacking line. This "simulation" seeing is the probably the biggest joke ever. I have seen this happen in every CFM game I've played thus far. This type of play is bad for a high school team much less than a professional team, so I have no idea EA's idea of "simulation" means.
One year it was completely unplayable.....I have a bad memory so I may be a year off, but i think it was the year with Calvin Johnson on the cover. I would have guys like almost prime Revis getting burned routinely by insane amount of yards playing man....it was the same year they introduced the QB option plays that were crazy.

This one isnt great D wise, and I wish it was a little better, but its not as bad as that year's game.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2017, 10:51 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
The issue is you're taking a roster rated for Play Now/H2H into CFM.
Meaning the roster is not in line with generated players which come in with much lower positional ratings than most downloaded front ended rosters.

99% of the passing ease is do to very high CIT/SPC/RTE ratings across the board.
Then add on top most QB THP are 90+.
- simply reducing these to 70 & 80 max, really calms down high comp%.

Lastly, 90+ is Elite level rating but too many players possess ratings in the 80's range which doesn't create a big enough Delta contrast to rally make players stand out.
Great post, and I agree. One of my biggest gripes in years has been the rating system. Very bland and boring. Ruins immersion for me.

Custom rosters are great and since the addition of editing players was added, a lot more freedom to create our own game was given. However, I for one do not have time to edit the ratings of every player and every incoming draft class. Just not worth my time.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »