Home

Trade Calculator (Version 3)

This is a discussion on Trade Calculator (Version 3) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-14-2017, 09:49 PM   #17
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Trade Calculator (Version 3)

Ok I'm definitely going to use this to help guide trades this year, and essentially not make any trade unless its judged as a "fair deal" by the guide. Last year, I ended up with so many draft picks each year because I was constantly flipping soon to be free agent backups for future picks. This year I wanted to have some type of "house rules" regarding trades, and this should work perfectly.

I was wondering, why the different values for draft picks and player values when you are playing online vs offline? Seems like whether a trade is considered fair swings quite a bit depending on whether you are playing by yourself or with others. Not arguing with the logic used here, I'm just wondering why offline/online are considered different.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:20 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

What do you put as the pick number for future picks?
As you don't know what pick it's actually going to be.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:51 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 7

Any tools like this that can help predict if a CPU will accept or decline a trade?

I've had moments where I click submit trade to check how close i am to a deal and bam! they accept. haha
Old 09-16-2017, 06:20 AM   #20
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
Ok I'm definitely going to use this to help guide trades this year, and essentially not make any trade unless its judged as a "fair deal" by the guide. Last year, I ended up with so many draft picks each year because I was constantly flipping soon to be free agent backups for future picks. This year I wanted to have some type of "house rules" regarding trades, and this should work perfectly.

I was wondering, why the different values for draft picks and player values when you are playing online vs offline? Seems like whether a trade is considered fair swings quite a bit depending on whether you are playing by yourself or with others. Not arguing with the logic used here, I'm just wondering why offline/online are considered different.

In single player middle and late round picks are far more valuable because in online play, people reach for anybody even vaguely draftable. In a normal class most people online are just throwing darts at a board by round 4, whereas in offline, if you're not finding 5-6 studs per class, right through to round 7, you're doing something wrong and need to check out my scouting tool.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 09-16-2017, 06:21 AM   #21
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjcreed
What do you put as the pick number for future picks?
As you don't know what pick it's actually going to be.

I tend to put 16 for any pick I don't have a firm idea what the value will be.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 04:33 AM   #22
MVP

miz468's Arena

OVR: 7

Big fan of your work, but I have a question... Does it seem like QBs are undervalued to you? I was trying to construct a trade around Aaron Donald and Andrew Luck, wondering how much more I'd have to give up as LA, but this calculator values Donald much higher than Luck (Donald: 5370/Luck: 3285.5).

Now, I know Donald is the man, but Luck is a potential franchise QB. I was thinking I'd have to give up Goff and someone like Tavon Austin as well as a few draft picks to get equal value.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:02 AM   #23
Rookie

Great tool to keep me honest. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2017, 06:11 AM   #24
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by miz468
Big fan of your work, but I have a question... Does it seem like QBs are undervalued to you? I was trying to construct a trade around Aaron Donald and Andrew Luck, wondering how much more I'd have to give up as LA, but this calculator values Donald much higher than Luck (Donald: 5370/Luck: 3285.5).

Now, I know Donald is the man, but Luck is a potential franchise QB. I was thinking I'd have to give up Goff and someone like Tavon Austin as well as a few draft picks to get equal value.

Possibly but the tool weighs heavily on very high ovr players, as (apparently) these guys have greater impact on the game in m18 compared to previous years.

Personally I'd rather keep Donald than Luck, as you can find a QB that can get better than Luck every other draft class, while a DE that will be better than Donald is a once in a decade type of player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »