Home

CPU Draft Logic is still not correct

This is a discussion on CPU Draft Logic is still not correct within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-03-2017, 09:48 PM   #25
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: CPU Draft Logic is still not correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
This is a good example of why knowing exact ratings and potential makes the game worse.
True, but also the caveat of that is the game engine needs to be very good in order to give us an idea of what players can cut it on a team and what players just don't have it.

The game engine of Madden doesn't have this capability. Not yet anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2017, 10:39 PM   #26
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
This is a good example of why knowing exact ratings and potential makes the game worse.
100% this.

The guys talking about it not being realistic to give up on a #2 pick so soon, that is only because in real life we don't know what the guy's potential/development speed is.

In real life GMs and coaches hold out hope that a guy can turn the corner and progress. In Madden you know from day 1 the exact potential a guy has.

Roster management and personnel decisions are not realistic in almost every sports game because the user is spoon fed all the information they need.
Old 09-03-2017, 10:47 PM   #27
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
100% this.

The guys talking about it not being realistic to give up on a #2 pick so soon, that is only because in real life we don't know what the guy's potential/development speed is.

In real life GMs and coaches hold out hope that a guy can turn the corner and progress. In Madden you know from day 1 the exact potential a guy has.

Roster management and personnel decisions are not realistic in almost every sports game because the user is spoon fed all the information they need.
Yea, I just wish they would put in logic where if a team has a 22 year old QB that is a 79 OVR, they would atleast give him a year or two to see if he develops, or gets injured, or has a bad couple of years before they jump ship and take another QB with a 2nd rounder.

The Bears in my CFM, year 2 (2018) are the bottom 3 in the league come Week 14 right now and they have issues on defense they need to resolve and they could have atleast made a dent with their draft last year.

But I understand where you're coming from.
Old 09-03-2017, 11:14 PM   #28
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Yea, I just wish they would put in logic where if a team has a 22 year old QB that is a 79 OVR, they would atleast give him a year or two to see if he develops, or gets injured, or has a bad couple of years before they jump ship and take another QB with a 2nd rounder.

The Bears in my CFM, year 2 (2018) are the bottom 3 in the league come Week 14 right now and they have issues on defense they need to resolve and they could have atleast made a dent with their draft last year.

But I understand where you're coming from.
No, you are absolutely right, and the sad part is that this use to be in Madden's franchise 10 years ago.

If a QB was drafted in the 1st round he was given the "QB of the future" trait during his first 3 years. This trait prevented the AI from drafting another QB in the first round and if the user did, he would lose the trait and suffer a huge hit to his morale. The trait also significantly boosted his trade value.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:09 PM   #29
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Just to add, these were Trubisky's stats for the 2017 season in my CFM. I think he was injured for some of the season.

Rating: 82.0
Yards: 2,123
TD: 10
INT: 5
Sacks: 21
Comp%: 58%

That new rookie QB just surpassed him by 1 OVR so he's the starter in the depth chart, so I'm very curious to see if they trade Trubisky now. I hope this happens and I'll keep an eye on it and let you guys know how it pans out.
Was looking for a thread to discuss this situation as Ryan Moody posted a video just now talking about this exact scenario. In his simulation the Bears drafted a QB in the first round who ended up being only a 78, 1 point better than Trubisky.

So is it me or does the AI know the OVRs of the Rookies already and therefore use OVR to determine whether to draft certain players based on their roster? The game doesn't reflect the fact that in real life the Bears moved up and coveted Trubisky enough to move up one spot to ensure they got him. The game sees Trubisky's OVR and because it knows the OVR of the incoming rookies, they can easily draft a quarterback with a higher OVR and see that as an "improvement".

Also would the solution, and I love to see someone test this out. I didn't buy M18 as I'm still playing M17 but if you raised the OVR of Trubisky to see if the AI drafting a QB because the rookie had a higher OVR than their current starter? My theory is if you raised the OVR higher, they will pass on a QB in turn helping it be more realistic as they would focus on other needs and see QB as not a need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7ErCLYugFY

Last edited by UFCMPunk; 02-20-2018 at 11:12 PM.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:33 AM   #30
Rookie

The Cowboys drafted a QB after the first season. Hes 2 OVR points lower than Prescott but they are starting them.

Also the CPU never runs 2 HB systems for teams like the Saints, Falcons, Bears, Vikings, Bengals, etc.

It just ruins my CFM experience with the lack of attention given to CPU logic.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-21-2018, 07:30 AM   #31
Pro

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
100% this.

To be honest not sure how knowing ratings or them being hidden to the user makes any difference here

...the CPU was in control and was acting under it's own ( simplistic) AI logic ...which will be the case regardless of whether ratings etc are visible / blurred or totally hidden to the user

Whether or not we can see the ratings doesn't change whether or not you think the CPU AI should give up on a number two overall pick after just one season ...

If the rookie drafted was 2 points lower overall and thus slotted in as Trubiskys back up it's still a debatable pick to use a rd 2 pick on another QB one year after drafting Trubisky

And yes absolutely a return of the QB of the future designation would greatly benefit this scenario
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2018, 09:54 AM   #32
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

I did test cfm... And simmed through draft first I raised the bears an overall to 81... They didn't draft a qb their first pick was wr which they do need in real life..then went defense and grabbed few lineman which seems right to me.

The falcons drafted 2 qbs 1 in 1st rd and one in 6th...which seems right since they only have Ryan at qb.

Even the browns seemed to draft right I'm using a roster that has upcoming rookies on teams and I have sam darnold and saqoun barkley and the cmps first pick was LT which we may need a FS,C,OLB,RB,CB,RT,QB,TE, DE's.

Only 2 we really don't need outta those would be qb,rb since we do have darnolds and barkley,duke,dayes .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »