Home

Poor pass defense tied to QB awareness?

This is a discussion on Poor pass defense tied to QB awareness? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2017, 12:42 PM   #17
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Poor pass defense tied to QB awareness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
have not seen this...kizer threw for over 400 yards on me...at 55% with 1 td and 4 ints in my franchise game against the browns with my sliders....

i don't think it's a thing

then again...i use my sliders on pro to reduce the madden BS put in at higher difficulty levels...so maybe that's why

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

I'm talking about AP Default (or thereabouts)...

Once you start raising or dropping levels and / or sliders the algorithm has to do a lot of "extra calculation" and "your milage may vary"...

For instance, it's been confirmed by a former EA employee and long time forum member (adembrowski) that both Pro and AM are deliberately coded to include a "rubberband AI" to benefit the USER in the former and the CPU in the latter...

Although your Kizer experience is counter intuitive to that, it still is likely a byproduct of "there's a whole lot going on" in your set...

In your version one, the CPU ACC is at 100, which is going to make them not just accurate but brilliant...

The ACC slider has WAY more AWR tied to it, than ACC...

And in your version two (with QB ACC at 50) your pass reaction is so low that it's going to benefit the CPU QB...

Despite the jacked PCV...

There's no way to isolate the effects of AWR in those scenarios, IMHO...

Lastly, there's "universal tilt" on Pro and AM...

50 / 50 plays more like 45 / 55 on AM and more like 55 / 45 on Pro...or thereabouts...

If you recall, the interface on those levels used to be 25 / 75 on AM and 75 / 25 on Pro in the PS2 era...

When you toggled the difficulty the sliders changed to those wide ranges automatically...

Since then, new code has been layered over old code, so some of that is likely still in the mix...

Last edited by KingV2k3; 09-03-2017 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:13 PM   #18
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3

Once you start raising or dropping levels and / or sliders the algorithm has to do a lot of "extra calculation" and "your milage may vary"...

For instance, it's been confirmed by a former EA employee and long time forum member (adembrowski) that both Pro and AM are deliberately coded to include a "rubberband AI" to benefit the USER in the former and the CPU in the latter...

Although your Kizer experience is counter intuitive to that, it still is likely a byproduct of "there's a whole lot going on" in your set...

In your version one, the CPU ACC is at 100, which is going to make them not just accurate but brilliant...

And in your version two (with QB ACC at 50) your pass reaction is so low that it's going to benefit the CPU QB...

50 / 50 plays more like 45 / 55 on AM and more like 55 / 45 on Pro...or thereabouts...

If you recall, the interface on those levels used to be 25 / 75 on AM and 75 / 25 on Pro in the PS2 era...

When you toggled the difficulty the sliders changed to those wide ranges automatically...

Since then, new code has been layered over old code, so some of that is likely still in the mix...
I never really dabble in sliders bc I tend to get caught up in slideritis and can't enjoy the game anymore but a quick question for you. If I set the game to all pro then plugged in default all madden sliders, would it make the game harder while cutting back on some of the all madden bs? Or would there Ben too much calculating going on under the hood?
Old 09-03-2017, 01:25 PM   #19
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I never really dabble in sliders bc I tend to get caught up in slideritis and can't enjoy the game anymore but a quick question for you. If I set the game to all pro then plugged in default all madden sliders, would it make the game harder while cutting back on some of the all madden bs? Or would there Ben too much calculating going on under the hood?
What do you mean by "Default All Madden" sliders?

The current 50 / 50 would have no effect and the former 25 / 75 would likely be "overcompensating" because they went to 50 / 50 a few years back...

So there's layers of stuff going on there between the old and new slider interface values...

As I said, the way the game is coded now (over that old code) makes it play closer to 45 / 55 on AM, so MAYBE plugging that in as a starting point would work?

I've never tried it, so although it's "good in theory", who knows...

If you decide to try anything like that, please let us know how it plays...

Last edited by KingV2k3; 09-03-2017 at 01:27 PM.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:12 PM   #20
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

um...i have never in my life put qb accuracy at 100...and this year it has always been 50...

those are not version 1 and version 2 of my sliders. what you are looking at is my main menu sliders and my CFM sliders, as main menu sliders have an affect in CFM. because I am on pro, i zero out all user slides and max out all cpu to help balance it out...the CFM sliders are posted below that and are 100% different.

and for that reason...your theory is out. (shark tank reference, yes)

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w

Last edited by schnaidt1; 09-03-2017 at 02:15 PM.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:25 PM   #21
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
This is how the game implements "defensive awareness"...

The higher the QB AWR the "lower" the "defensive awareness" plays...

The reverse is the inverse...

It also works this way for the human player...

When you play as Tom Brady (for example) the passing windows are bigger and the pass rush is weaker...

Put in the Pat's 2nd or 3rd string guy and those windows become noticeably smaller and the rush heats up...

It's the primary reason I always begin CFM with a rookie QB...

Game is MUCH more challenging when your QB's AWR is the 60's...

Lastly:

Back in the PS2 days there used to be a slider dedicated to defensive awareness, which would come in quite handy with the current game issues...
We used to have
Pass rush slider
Run back ability
D aware
I'm sure I'm missing some
Heck, why not add a QB tuck & run slider (0-100), so each qb could be tuned. Or just bring back the options for sometimes, never, often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2017, 02:33 PM   #22
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
um...i have never in my life put qb accuracy at 100...and this year it has always been 50...

those are not version 1 and version 2 of my sliders. what you are looking at is my main menu sliders and my CFM sliders, as main menu sliders have an affect in CFM. because I am on pro, i zero out all user slides and max out all cpu to help balance it out...the CFM sliders are posted below that and are 100% different.

and for that reason...your theory is out. (shark tank reference, yes)

My bad, since MM sliders don't work in consort with CFM sliders (though settings, levels and penalties do), I wrongly assumed that they were two different versions...

ONLY things that are tied to your profile (settings / levels / penalties) "layer" over CFM settings...

JoshC1977 and I have messed with all that extensively for the past few years...

If you don't believe me, ask him...

Regardless, you're taxing and maxing the engine in a way that's not going to lend itself to an environment where you can quantify what AWR is or isn't doing...IMHO...

All that matters is that you're happy with your results, so have at it!

Last edited by KingV2k3; 09-03-2017 at 02:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »