Home

So, was it ever revealed WHICH legacy issues were fixed this year?

This is a discussion on So, was it ever revealed WHICH legacy issues were fixed this year? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 09-05-2017, 07:54 AM   #25
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: So, was it ever revealed WHICH legacy issues were fixed this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Have you used coaching adjustments, yet?
Coaching adjustments for the user? Or are you talking about taking over the CPU and adjusting there coaching?

Because like these guys, either way. I see statue QB 50% of the time. Ive changed the traits and its improved, but against Cam and Russel, they will NOT run past the line of scrimmage.

And yes, Im doing it right, the trait change. Ive checked 100 times to make sure.

Fumbling issue is hardly fixed as now the Olineman for the fumbling team gets the ball 90% of the time.

Zones still not fixed, in any way, shape or form.

Man to man is now broken. Or maybe it was never fixed. Who knows.

Theres alot of bugs and broken things as well in Madden 18 that just SHOULD NOT BE THERE.

But who cares anymore, we are never heard, and people here at OS will continue to yell us down.

Which is your right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 08:04 AM   #26
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Coaching adjustments for the user? Or are you talking about taking over the CPU and adjusting there coaching?

Because like these guys, either way. I see statue QB 50% of the time. Ive changed the traits and its improved, but against Cam and Russel, they will NOT run past the line of scrimmage.

And yes, Im doing it right, the trait change. Ive checked 100 times to make sure.

Fumbling issue is hardly fixed as now the Olineman for the fumbling team gets the ball 90% of the time.

Zones still not fixed, in any way, shape or form.

Man to man is now broken. Or maybe it was never fixed. Who knows.

Theres alot of bugs and broken things as well in Madden 18 that just SHOULD NOT BE THERE.

But who cares anymore, we are never heard, and people here at OS will continue to yell us down.

Which is your right.
Nah, I never said the game was stellar, in fact, I gave the game a 7.5 review in the review thread. The pass defense needs fixing and so does the CPU QB AI along with the punting in the wind issue.

Coaching adjustments for the user is a game changer for me along with using QB traits. I've had RW take off on a long scramble up the sideline and he avoided pocket pressure throughout the game and ended with 60% passing.

I just don't see many people saying they use the coaching adjustments during the game.

Just trying to suggest to people that are struggling with the game to find a better way to enjoy the game until the fixes roll out.

Last edited by roadman; 09-05-2017 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:40 AM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Have you used coaching adjustments, yet?
Yes I have and I like using them a lot. Does not solve qb running issues for me though. I am the saints so I play against cam quite a bit but because of how the game plays he is one of the worst qb's I face. I like this game but the lack of individuality takes so much away.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:55 AM   #28
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
Yes I have and I like using them a lot. Does not solve qb running issues for me though. I am the saints so I play against cam quite a bit but because of how the game plays he is one of the worst qb's I face. I like this game but the lack of individuality takes so much away.
Yep, I agree, they need to work on signature QB animations and CPU AI QB, I agree.

I just noticed in my games that with the QB traits workaround and the coaching adjustments, the game plays a much better sim game for me. I put passing downs on aggressive and see a much better pass rush from the Packers. I saw Russell Wilson in paranoid states when the pass rush occurred.

I think I read somewhere that Cam has a different QB style this year vs last year in the game. I know I read this year that Riviera said Cam wasn't going to take off and run this year compared to prior years.

Maybe that's why the QB trait is different????

http://www.espn.com.au/nfl/story/_/i...fense-nfl-2017

Last edited by roadman; 09-05-2017 at 09:01 AM.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:50 AM   #29
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Nah, I never said the game was stellar, in fact, I gave the game a 7.5 review in the review thread. The pass defense needs fixing and so does the CPU QB AI along with the punting in the wind issue.

Coaching adjustments for the user is a game changer for me along with using QB traits. I've had RW take off on a long scramble up the sideline and he avoided pocket pressure throughout the game and ended with 60% passing.

I just don't see many people saying they use the coaching adjustments during the game.

Just trying to suggest to people that are struggling with the game to find a better way to enjoy the game until the fixes roll out.
I agree the QB traits fix's several issues. But why in the hell do WE the consumer have to fix THERE game? When they said, outright, they fixed tons of legacy issues? Yet they are NOT fixed.

They outright lie to us and give us a shoddy product. I keep playing, because like an idiot I spent money on MUT. So I mine as well get my moneys worth.

But if I hadnt spent any money on this game, I would probably delete it and move on. Half of my time "Playing" this game is trying to fix issues that they say were corrected. Or bugs and things that should have NEVER gotten past QA.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:01 AM   #30
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
I agree the QB traits fix's several issues. But why in the hell do WE the consumer have to fix THERE game? When they said, outright, they fixed tons of legacy issues? Yet they are NOT fixed.

They outright lie to us and give us a shoddy product. I keep playing, because like an idiot I spent money on MUT. So I mine as well get my moneys worth.

But if I hadnt spent any money on this game, I would probably delete it and move on. Half of my time "Playing" this game is trying to fix issues that they say were corrected. Or bugs and things that should have NEVER gotten past QA.
Good question.

I'm not trying to give them a pass, but I don't think EA mentioned they fixed cpu qb ai. Granted, they did fix some legacy issues, but that one wasn't listed. I don't even know what qualifies for a legacy issue, but the cpu qb ai was good in 16.

The traits need to be fixed, but it takes me a minute to fix them on my own, but agree, I shouldn't be doing that.

I have never bought a sports game and didn't fudge around for quite awhile to get the game playing to the way I want it to play.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:11 AM   #31
Banned

Brightline's Arena

A general point in this discussion. Can we all agree that if EA says they fixed a legacy issue it means the "fix" requires no changes to sliders or manually editing player traits?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 10:17 AM   #32
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Default Cam, with no trait edits?

I ask because he's a "Balanced" not "Scrambling" type in this game, unlike last year. From what I've seen he's been one of the "statues" unless I change his traits to match a mobile QB's.

And I've had Russell Wilson take off on me multiple times in a game, so it's definitely in there.
I use the tips found in the sliders forum (Roadman mentioned a few in this thread), makes the game play so much better. It's still not perfect and you won't see them same results every time but it is a temporary fix while we wait for a patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »