Home

So, was it ever revealed WHICH legacy issues were fixed this year?

This is a discussion on So, was it ever revealed WHICH legacy issues were fixed this year? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 09-05-2017, 10:22 AM   #33
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: So, was it ever revealed WHICH legacy issues were fixed this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Good question.

I'm not trying to give them a pass, but I don't think EA mentioned they fixed cpu qb ai. Granted, they did fix some legacy issues, but that one wasn't listed. I don't even know what qualifies for a legacy issue, but the cpu qb ai was good in 16.

The traits need to be fixed, but it takes me a minute to fix them on my own, but agree, I shouldn't be doing that.

I have never bought a sports game and didn't fudge around for quite awhile to get the game playing to the way I want it to play.
True they didnt.

But lets talk for example, about playcalling. The community has put together hundreds of playbooks, fix's and other ways to make the CPU playcalling better.

Why would Rex and his team not look at ANY of those and implement them?!? These fix's to the playcalling are KNOWN to work. Yet year after year after year we get the same shoddy playcalling from the CPU.

The traits being broken and the many other issues with this game just put a huge spotlight on how there "Gamechanger" initiative and there outreach to the community is NOT working. The largest most glaring issues got through whatever "Testing" they think they did.

I literally cannot believe for one second that any external testing was done in any way, shape or form. The bugs and glitches are just to glaring. I mean things we all saw RIGHT away. Not 10 games in, or 20 games in, or 3 full seasons. But right when we loaded up the game and did a basic play now game, you could see the zones were borked.

Literally the first time I called man to man I saw my 95 overall man to man corner stand there blindly while a pass literally went right over his head.

Im just angry and venting right now. Because EA could do so much better.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:55 AM   #34

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
I agree the QB traits fix's several issues. But why in the hell do WE the consumer have to fix THERE game? When they said, outright, they fixed tons of legacy issues? Yet they are NOT fixed.

They outright lie to us and give us a shoddy product. I keep playing, because like an idiot I spent money on MUT. So I mine as well get my moneys worth.

But if I hadnt spent any money on this game, I would probably delete it and move on. Half of my time "Playing" this game is trying to fix issues that they say were corrected. Or bugs and things that should have NEVER gotten past QA.
Honestly I don't think the trait edits are really doing anything tangible. I know some have said that they've seen guys scramble more and when I faced Newton I did as well, and then Russell Wilson didn't scramble once, Andrew Luck and Kirk Cousins all didn't scramble. Then Colt McCoy comes in for an injured Cousins and he scrambles twice for 33 yards and I hadn't edited his traits as I gave up on editing backups since I hadn't had a CPU QB get injured yet. It seems completely random. There is something that is causing it to happen but I think it has to be a perfect storm of consequences, like blitzing from one side with everyone on the opposite side running deeper routes while the defense being in man so the side opposite the blitz is void of any defender triggering something in the code to make the QB scramble.

Maybe I'm just not seeing what others are seeing. Outside of Newton and Colt McCoy I haven't had a single QB actually gain any yards through scrambling in the 9 games I've played this season.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:29 AM   #35
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Honestly I don't think the trait edits are really doing anything tangible. I know some have said that they've seen guys scramble more and when I faced Newton I did as well, and then Russell Wilson didn't scramble once, Andrew Luck and Kirk Cousins all didn't scramble. Then Colt McCoy comes in for an injured Cousins and he scrambles twice for 33 yards and I hadn't edited his traits as I gave up on editing backups since I hadn't had a CPU QB get injured yet. It seems completely random. There is something that is causing it to happen but I think it has to be a perfect storm of consequences, like blitzing from one side with everyone on the opposite side running deeper routes while the defense being in man so the side opposite the blitz is void of any defender triggering something in the code to make the QB scramble.

Maybe I'm just not seeing what others are seeing. Outside of Newton and Colt McCoy I haven't had a single QB actually gain any yards through scrambling in the 9 games I've played this season.
I kind of agree with you, after playing around with it for a bit I can never get consistent results. I had that one game where Newton scrambled like crazy and then I had another game where RW was a statue the entire game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 11:46 AM   #36
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:

I dunno I think it helps. But yet again I must ask, why should I have to go and modify hundreds of players to get good gameplay?

And wasnt that one of the things they went on and on, and on, and on and on ad nauseum about? Better gameplay?

Doesnt better gameplay include:

1. QB AI
2. CPU Playcalling
3. Working Zones
4. Working Man to Man

Theres alot more, but Im to tired to list them all.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:35 PM   #37
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
True they didnt.

But lets talk for example, about playcalling. The community has put together hundreds of playbooks, fix's and other ways to make the CPU playcalling better.

Why would Rex and his team not look at ANY of those and implement them?!? These fix's to the playcalling are KNOWN to work. Yet year after year after year we get the same shoddy playcalling from the CPU.

The traits being broken and the many other issues with this game just put a huge spotlight on how there "Gamechanger" initiative and there outreach to the community is NOT working. The largest most glaring issues got through whatever "Testing" they think they did.

I literally cannot believe for one second that any external testing was done in any way, shape or form. The bugs and glitches are just to glaring. I mean things we all saw RIGHT away. Not 10 games in, or 20 games in, or 3 full seasons. But right when we loaded up the game and did a basic play now game, you could see the zones were borked.

Literally the first time I called man to man I saw my 95 overall man to man corner stand there blindly while a pass literally went right over his head.

Im just angry and venting right now. Because EA could do so much better.

Yup, I feel your frustration, man. We've heard the line, 'we find more bugs on the day of release because now we have millions of testers playing millions of games. We can't possibly QA like that.'

As u said, it takes me ONE game to see multiple issues. Lol. The zone issue was instantaneous. The QB statue was pretty automatic. It just makes u wonder what they're looking at or how they play the game, maybe. Maybe, they used their players in a such a way to effect the game differently. I do believe in that. Meaning, if I used my MLB and play realistically, I see X outcomes more often. But, if someone else plays MLB, but they're arcadey with it, and/or not covering well, u now see more Y outcomes or something. So, that part is tough.

But yeah, it's just unbelievably deflating every year, lol, to have this game come out, play ONE game, and see multiple legacy issues or new issues that break the overall gameplay for me. I'm still seeing some ridiculously missed blocks from my FB that I was hoping to see cleaned up this year. Blocking is better, I will say, I can notice that, but I'm still seeing those wtf moments from my FB who consistently tries to tackle me instead of blocking for me. Lol.

I had a play last night where the defender played his zone well, was actually following my WR across the middle. It was a tight throw, but by the time my WR made the catch, he was wide open. I looked at the replay, I kind of missed what happened to the defender. So, in the replay, the defender is strafing to the right with the WR, then right AFTER the QB releases the ball, the defender has a 'hitch' where he acts as if the ball is being thrown somewhere else, then he hitches back to following ball going to WR. He's too late and it's an easy TD. But, here again, wtf? The guy actually played his zone correctly, he was with the WR (or slightly trailing), the ball is thrown, and it's like he pauses to guess which way it's being thrown, and he guesses wrong, then tries to recover. It's just awful. It really, when u break it down, it looks awful. Poor animation transition. Poor AI transition, as well.

Yeah, idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2017, 01:00 PM   #38
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I promise I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, but aside from maybe 1-2 things on that list, it seems alot of those are more for the online, H2H and competitive scene.

I mean I'm a little biased because we've been begging for them to fix the QB AI issue since last year.

Anyway, just my thoughts is all.
It's 100% geared towards the competitive online crowd. You don't even have to play MUT but if you just go into the mode and see all the updated content and love that place receives it'll really piss you off even more about CFM.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 09-06-2017, 04:07 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I had a play last night where the defender played his zone well, was actually following my WR across the middle. It was a tight throw, but by the time my WR made the catch, he was wide open. I looked at the replay, I kind of missed what happened to the defender. So, in the replay, the defender is strafing to the right with the WR, then right AFTER the QB releases the ball, the defender has a 'hitch' where he acts as if the ball is being thrown somewhere else, then he hitches back to following ball going to WR. He's too late and it's an easy TD. But, here again, wtf? The guy actually played his zone correctly, he was with the WR (or slightly trailing), the ball is thrown, and it's like he pauses to guess which way it's being thrown, and he guesses wrong, then tries to recover. It's just awful. It really, when u break it down, it looks awful. Poor animation transition. Poor AI transition, as well.

Yeah, idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've seen so many plays like that. I had one play where I was in a cover 2. The WR is running between the two of them. As the QB goes to throw both my players both make a hard cut to the right towards the line of scrimmage as if a RB was catching out of the backfield. Problem was that NO ONE was anywhere near the area both of them cut to. The WR runs straight by and gets an easy TD.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:09 PM   #40
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

QB traits feels more like a placebo than an actual workaround.

I played countless times against Cam newton and he had great games with and without trait edits. But at the same time he had several games with +7 sacks even with QB traits edited.

I got the conclusion that we have another Madden 2015. EA won`t fix it because its too big to patch it. We are repeating history.

just do a quick search in the forum. This same thing happened 3 years ago.

Sack, sack and more sacks

Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

What solutions have you guys been doing for sacks?

Madden NFL 15: How to Minimize Sacks

Is there a fix for the sack issue?

Is This The Worst AI QB play In A Long Time?

Last edited by booker21; 09-06-2017 at 07:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »