Home

So, was it ever revealed WHICH legacy issues were fixed this year?

This is a discussion on So, was it ever revealed WHICH legacy issues were fixed this year? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 09-03-2017, 11:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
So, was it ever revealed WHICH legacy issues were fixed this year?

Their explanation of how the development time was spent this year, they claimed to have cleaned up a multitude of legacy issues.
Yet, from all I've seen, most of the worst legacy issues (even some that were PATCHED LAST YEAR) are still present, and some are making the game unplayable for a lot of people.
So, what exactly was supposedly fixed?!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2017, 11:20 AM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: So, was it ever revealed WHICH legacy issues were fixed this year?

Some of the highest-level fixes and changes were talked about in this blog.
Old 09-03-2017, 11:21 AM   #3
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

That's a good question. Honestly until the start from nearly scratch with this decades old code-upon-code, I don't think they even know.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-03-2017, 01:56 PM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Actually, I've noticed the differences in that blog vs prior Maddens.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:12 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Some of the things in that blog just aren't true, or maybe they were improvements made to Competitive or Arcade play style but not simulation:

Quote:
Low-Rated QB Accuracy
Complaints about lower-rated QBs being too accurate have been addressed with a new inaccuracy system. Expect to see more inaccurate throws from lower-rated QBs, especially on simulation play style. These inaccurate passes have new placement modelling, ensuring you will see a wider variety in how throws are missed.
QB Accuracy is as bad as its ever been in Madden, perhaps the worst that its ever been since Madden 2001 or 2002, when the game employed heavy catch-up logic (the golden age of RoboQB)

Quote:
Ballhawk Skill Mechanic
Users on defense can no longer hold 'Y'/Triangle for the entire play on defense and expect to make the interception. Ballhawk is now a timing-based skill. If the button is held down or pressed for too long, the defender will receive a heavy penalty to his chance of making the catch, and will likely drop the ball. You'll see a user-skill notification pop out of the scoreboard to tell you if the mechanic was timed correctly or not. Quarterbacks can also fake out user defenders holding ball hawk with a pump fake.
Ball hawk seems as arbitrary as ever. The mechanic does not make any sense to me. Sometimes I Switch to a guy and hit Y, and he stands there and watches the pass sail over his head. Othertimes he goes for the INT, it seems completely arbitrary.

Quote:
Hit Stick Skill Mechanic
Hit Stick has been moved back to be exclusively on the Right Stick. Defenders will no longer be able to use the Aggressive Tackle mechanic on X/Square to land hit sticks. It's now based on timing and facing angle, with more risk and reward. It also brings back the ability for low, or high hit sticks by flicking the stick down or up respectively. Landing a hit stick will be accompanied by a controller-rumble and unique tackle audio.
This was nice to see back, but I think it's odd that EA seems to just be cycling hit stick between the stick and the X/Square button every 2 years and calling it something different. In 2016 this was called "Hit Stick 2.0," and then they removed it for 2017 and made it the X/Square button, and now they've brought it back as a new feature... Seems like next year they'll move it back to X/Square and then in 2020, bring it back as Hit Stick 3.0.

Quote:
Hard Flat Zones
The community stated that they wanted hard flats to play the flats more aggressively. We did some work on their logic so they do a better job of reading the route progression and taking away throws to the flats.
This is simply untrue for Simulation playstyle.

Quote:
Curl Flat Zones
Another top community request was Curl-Flat (purple) zones. Curl-Flats would crash to the flats and leave deeper routes open down the sideline. We implemented a new rule called “No Cover Zone,” where underneath defenders won't jump routes five yards and under.
Again, maybe this is true in arcade or competitive, but not in sim. All zones are terrible now. If they did change those zones, the result is just that now players are left *wide open* over the middle of the field. I doubt that "the community" requested that curl flats would play more tightly, so that post routes would be left wide open.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2017, 02:18 PM   #6
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

I promise I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, but aside from maybe 1-2 things on that list, it seems alot of those are more for the online, H2H and competitive scene.

I mean I'm a little biased because we've been begging for them to fix the QB AI issue since last year.

Anyway, just my thoughts is all.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:50 PM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Rebel, I agree with your sentiments except for the AI accuracy.

I've seen CPU QB accuracy lower on this Madden vs prior Madden's and that goes big time for second stringers.

I just played vs RW and he hit 60% of his passes and some of those were off target. I'm liking that legacy fix and there is other legacy issues that have been fixed.
Old 09-03-2017, 03:42 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

Its the same thing as like in years past where they would say we added blah blah amount of new animations but they would never list them and we would never see them when playing... Lol!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »