Home

CFM Cb depth chart question

This is a discussion on CFM Cb depth chart question within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2017, 12:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CFM Cb depth chart question

Okay so i was playing in CFM with the Saints vs The Vikings and I saw that they had Newman on Thomas. Of course Thomas had a large ratings advantage over Newman. But when I ran a few formations with Thomas on the right he matched up with Rhodes which was a better matchup. So my question is do I need to user control the other teams in CFM and swap the Cbs to get more of a better default matchup for the CPU ? Or does the CPU ever use coach adjustments and go with the best overall option? It seems too easy to go off with the number one Wrs on teams simply due to the fact that the opposing teams best corner never guards him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2017, 12:16 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: CFM Cb depth chart question

The AI only uses coach adjustments for CBs matching WRs when:
1. The offense has a WR rated 90 or above
2. The defense has a CB rated 90 or above.

I think they may use speed vs speed when the ratings for speed are 95 or above.

Other than that, by default the #1 corner lines up on the offense's right in most formations (4-4 is one of the few formations where he lines up on the other side, not sure why). And generally the #1 WR (X receiver) lines up on the offense's left.

It is certainly not ideal. In my Ravens franchise Maclin is second in the NFL in yards and receptions, but since he is only rated a 88 defenses never match him up with their best corner. I've had a season with him feasting on #2 corners. As a result anytime I see man defense I know he will be open because of his high route running skill.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:26 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks for that info man. If i have to I'll just user swap the corners int the depth chart for the CPU just to make it a little more challenging. I know not every team in real life has the number one corner shadow the whole game but like you said if I see a one on one vs the corner and its the number two guy I know its probably gonna be money
Old 09-04-2017, 01:35 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

No prob.

And I understand the need to sabotage yourself in some ways for the sake of keeping the game challenging. Sucks but it is what it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »