Home

Old 09-05-2017, 06:40 PM   #9
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Punting is messed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic88
Been playing on all madden and all pro and every kick is out of the end zone.

Sent from my VS995 using Operation Sports mobile app
Truly odd....if I had to guess, it would be some sort of setting issue. In fact, for me, the CPU punting has been so dang good, I would lower the punt accuracy slider if I still used the gameplay sliders (which I don't).

Edit: of course, this is an entirely different issue than the OP, so I will leave it that so the thread can stay on-track.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:22 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
Are we sure this is a "bug?" I noticed it in my last game, and it was in 17 as well. Anytime you were getting good returns in the punt game the AI would start punting very high, so that you had to fair catch the ball instead of trying to run back the return. So may be the logic just needs to be fixed to prevent it from punting quite so high, or instead just out of bounds.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the sky kick mechanic. I attempted a maxed out sky punt yesterday and it barely went 20 yards.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:11 PM   #11
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Truly odd....if I had to guess, it would be some sort of setting issue. In fact, for me, the CPU punting has been so dang good, I would lower the punt accuracy slider if I still used the gameplay sliders (which I don't).

Edit: of course, this is an entirely different issue than the OP, so I will leave it that so the thread can stay on-track.
I wish we had special team sliders for both teams because if you have the accuracy really low then CPU cant punt like at all with out having very in accurate punts but the only way the user will have bad punts is if they have the punt slider accuracy really low. About CPU punting really bad like I was first talking about I think it really only happens in rain/snow. I think the reason is when you play in snow or rain you also get a lot of wind and the CPU has a hard time punting in the weather and also the wind still has to big of a effect on kicks over all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2017, 09:08 AM   #12
Rookie

I've played about 10 games and the CPU punts have been going through the end zone for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »