Home

Thread not needed. No issues.

This is a discussion on Thread not needed. No issues. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 09-05-2017, 03:30 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Generated Rookies not scaled correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBreaker35
Even in this community, where realism and authenticity is more requested, you see users in near agreement that they don't want that in regards to draft prospects. They want talent rich draft classes so that either:

A) It counters poor CPU player development.

Or

B) They want to be able to draft their team solid every year.

Realism isn't served by the cpu teams being decimated by a lack of talent 5 years into a cfm.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:20 PM   #10
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

Generated Rookies not scaled correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexInOrd
Realism isn't served by the cpu teams being decimated by a lack of talent 5 years into a cfm.

I'm assuming you are referring to Single Player CFM?If it is lack of talent in a CFM league, then it is purely of a XP earned/allocation issue - not because the players are coming in rated too low or too infrequent. Why address a problem by creating another problem is all I'm asking? The rookies that the game generates should be in-line with the rookies that ship with the game; otherwise, player values will be skewed in 32 user leagues.

I think it comes down to competing priorities between types of players, and I wish we could all just have slider options to account for this. As long as EA uses a one-size fits all approach to draft prospects then I'm going to stress my displeasure about any changes that affect my play style - which includes having an authentic NFL talent pool relative to the starting roster. Not more; Not less.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:48 PM   #11
Banned

The draft classes were great out of the box last year, then reddit and OS got a hold of it, whined incessantly about OVR (aka meaningless) ratings and EA went ahead and blew them up to cater to these few geniuses, and what we ended up with was complete garbage as others have mentioned. It's a bit ironic that users who claim to be all about CFM and realism ultimately did by far the most damage to franchise mode and rendered it pretty much unplayable, whereas at default it was actually decent. Needless to say I wouldnt trust so called sim gamers around the net to make a football game when they ruined one of the better aspects of a very average football game. You do have to be pretty special to accomplish that. GJ
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 05:12 PM   #12
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveredge96
The classes are fine. Stop nitpicking about every little issue.
Nitpicking? Little issue? I hope your generalizing that statement. I could care less about uniforms, but some people do care. And I hope they get what they want. I'm simply asking for this communities opinion.

It's clearly a fact that the draft makes or breaks a franchise. If 5+ years into a franchise, the auto-generated rookies are better than the young stars of today, Dak, Elliot, Hokpins, Todd Gurley, Myles Garret, etc then what's the point of signing 'Face of the Franchise' to a multi-year contract?
Old 09-05-2017, 05:22 PM   #13
Rookie

silveredge96's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
Nitpicking? Little issue? I hope your generalizing that statement. I could care less about uniforms, but some people do care. And I hope they get what they want. I'm simply asking for this communities opinion.

It's clearly a fact that the draft makes or breaks a franchise. If 5+ years into a franchise, the auto-generated rookies are better than the young stars of today, Dak, Elliot, Hokpins, Todd Gurley, Myles Garret, etc then what's the point of signing 'Face of the Franchise' to a multi-year contract?
The classes are fine. With the way the cpu develops players in cfm most teams will still be balanced. Last year after people like you cried foul the game wad ruined.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-05-2017, 05:24 PM   #14
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveredge96
The classes are fine. With the way the cpu develops players in cfm most teams will still be balanced. Last year after people like you cried foul the game wad ruined.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Okay.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-05-2017, 05:25 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619

It's not about meshing the draft picks with the current rosters. If the CPU had really good roster and situational management then that would be a priority in franchise, but they dont and wont have that anytime soon. So the best way to ensure the CPU remains competitive is to give them ample access to talent. Take that away from them, and it's adios muchachos to a fun single player CFM. Period.

Not only that, how many people even play 5+ years in a single cfm? Even counting only CFM players I bet the figure would be well below 5%. What's important is short term ability for the CPU to compete. Most of the complaints last year were based on the fact a couple of guys simulated 12 years into the future and saw an inordinate amount of 90+ OVR players on many team rosters. Not only is that pretty much irrelevant, it only means salaries will increase, which should also be a goal for longterm CFM anyways, but I assure you not a single person who ran one of those sims and whinged about it has ever actually played a CFM that long. So really I'm tired of hearing about it, stop ruining the games over nothing.

Last edited by wellred; 09-05-2017 at 05:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2017, 09:26 AM   #16
MVP

Re: Thread not needed. No issues.

I am in 2022 and have exactly 50 players with 95 or better speed in my league. I don't know what other people are seeing but that seems absurd. I have progress set weekly so I know that does not come from ugrades. In 2022 most of today's players are still playing. By the time the league is 100% drafted players I expect that will be well over 100 players with 95 or better speed. This is not nitpicking. This is a problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »