Old 09-05-2017, 03:27 PM   #9
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Coaching adjustments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Word.

Careful how you use them, though. They all got risk reward. Like if you set the tackling to aggressive to get those strips, be prepared to have your guys miss a few. Like me, I have my pass rush set to aggressive, but that means I got to live with the jumping offsides.
I can live with mistakes and penalty's being made.. They are part of the game.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:47 PM   #10
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver281gt
I can live with mistakes and penalty's being made.. They are part of the game.
Man, that's exactly what I like about it. I played the Bills on All-Madden. I had the pass rush set to aggressive and Tyrod broke contain on me for a few long runs and converted some 3rd downs.

I had to change it to conversative which is a contain rush and it actually flustered him because it kept him in the pocket and he started making mistakes when he couldn't scramble.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:51 PM   #11

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I don't play a game without them. Most current playbooks have sets where the top WR will move around so the CB matchup mitigates that. Generally, I'll go to aggressive pass rush early and depending on if I'm playing against a vertical offense I'll tweak the ball in the air one here and there.

Offensively, I don't have the best run blockers, so I'll tweak that to aggressive depending on how things go early. Every now and again I'll change the receiver catching to get some RAC but generally I don't mess with anything else until I'm trying to close out a game then I'll have the ball carrier protect the ball.

The CPU will change their adjustments to strip and big hit when you start to get some distance on the scoreboard.

This is how I've gotten good games despite the warts. The one or two times I've left everything balanced to try things out is when I've been ready to throw my controller.
I like that the CPU uses the adjustments when it comes to trying to create a fumble when behind later in the game. The one thing I wish the CPU did was utilize the CB adjustments and always put their top end CB on my best WR. I'm playing as SF so our only real pass catching threat is Garcon, you would think that playing a team like Seattle and Arizona that they would want Sherman and Petterson on him exclusively and make my lesser options beat them, it's what I would do if I were in their shoes. Problem is they don't, I read that they won't bother unless your WR is rated 90+ which means the feature is probably only utilized a few times every season diminishing its value as far as the CPU is concerned. Meanwhile Garcon eats up guys like Sam Shields and keeps me in games when realistically I should be having serious issues moving the ball if only the CPU would lockdown Garcon when they have the CB to do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 03:55 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 0

I wish they would tone these down a bit though. I set my pass rush to aggressive and immediately got three defensive offsides in the next drive. Same thing with OL and holding.

I'm ok with increasing the risk of penalties, but if it means "3+ penalties per drive," no thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2017, 04:09 PM   #13
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

I will say this in testing user vs user games you better have a good balance with your penalty sliders as well as pass blocking. At default sliders and aggressive pass rush in a 10 minute game we tested and had 19 sacks with 2-3 penalties and stopped after 3 quarters. It juices pass rush up like crazy...
Old 09-05-2017, 04:23 PM   #14
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I will say this in testing user vs user games you better have a good balance with your penalty sliders as well as pass blocking. At default sliders and aggressive pass rush in a 10 minute game we tested and had 19 sacks with 2-3 penalties and stopped after 3 quarters. It juices pass rush up like crazy...
Against the CPU it doesn't though. I played entire games with it set to aggressive and got no more then 3 or 4 sacks a game.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:40 PM   #15
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Against the CPU it doesn't though. I played entire games with it set to aggressive and got no more then 3 or 4 sacks a game.
Ya, I was talking just user vs user where it's almost cheesy. I have been the opposite of you though vs CPU, but keep in mind I'm playing with the Seahawks and Mike Bennett, Cliff Avril, Frank Clark, & Sheldon Richardson. They should be getting pressure. Ive been tweaking sliders like crazy as I want to be able to use aggressive pass rush but trying to find the balance in offsides and CPU pass blocking has required non stop slideritis and adjustments. I was getting 8-10 a game... Trying to find a good balance with aggressive pass rush on or off. Keep in mind also that this was with the bad CPU play calling with 4 verts and shot plays too. It wasn't as drastic with using CPU assigned custom books...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 07:55 PM   #16
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
The one thing I wish the CPU did was utilize the CB adjustments and always put their top end CB on my best WR. I'm playing as SF so our only real pass catching threat is Garcon, you would think that playing a team like Seattle and Arizona that they would want Sherman and Petterson on him exclusively and make my lesser options beat them, it's what I would do if I were in their shoes. Problem is they don't, I read that they won't bother unless your WR is rated 90+ which means the feature is probably only utilized a few times every season diminishing its value as far as the CPU is concerned.
I did just notice that not long ago when I was playing with Julio Jones. Without fail the #1 corner was on him. Didn't notice when I played with the Titans for example.

I wish this was one of those things that could be scheme specific also. Some teams do let their corners travel. Others for example would never let certain guys like up a nickel no matter the matchup.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »