Home

Fellow OS'ers, I have a confession...

This is a discussion on Fellow OS'ers, I have a confession... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2017, 12:05 AM   #41
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fellow OS'ers, I have a confession...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I have been an extremely vocal critic of MUT and the perceived resources it takes away from CFM. This year I finally gave MUT a chance and it's been a breath of fresh air and extremely fun.

To justify my enjoyment of the mode I'll look at a couple factors that have played into my MUT experience.

#1 - EA pushed me into MUT. It's shoved down my throat every second when I turn on the game. I finally gave in and gave it a shot.

#2 - CFM isn't even ready to be played yet in its current state. Our online CFM is on hold while we wait for the patch.

Here is how I have fun with MUT:

#1 -

I realize this is an arcade game and not an NFL simulation. I don't expect real football and I'm not disappointed. I view it as a simple competition vs my opponent. I take nothing personally and expect them to go for it on 4th down and cheese at every opportunity.

#2 - The card system + auction house is fun. I could do without the grinding for coins but it is fun to snipe some cards and buy packs.

In closing, I just want to say that I now understand why some people view this as their #1 mode in Madden. There's a good chance when our online CFM gets rolling I drop MUT completely but it's been a fun ride to this point and I can see myself getting into a yearly routine of playing MUT until the first patch drops and fixes the initial issues.

I do understand the frustration of many gamers on here because I don't view this game as an NFL simulation. Our online CFM will strive to try and make it close to an NFL simulation but at the end of the day it's a video game and it's aimed more so at casuals, in my opinion. Offline just isn't a priority and financially it doesn't make sense for them to focus on CFM as much as I want it. The MUT content put out weekly is crazy and the disparity of perceived resources from MUT to CFM is night and day. MUT is the cash cow...I've faced lineups that were already stacked with 90 OVR players which means these people invested hundreds or $1,000+ into their teams.

P.S. - I played LS and I can't believe it is in the game. I think it's a huge waste of resources and I hated every second of the mode.

I appreciate the write up but I can't get into a game that allows for two Warren Sapps on the same defensive line. It's just too weird and unrealistic to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2017, 01:40 AM   #42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
I appreciate the write up but I can't get into a game that allows for two Warren Sapps on the same defensive line. It's just too weird and unrealistic to me.
It doesn't. Even if you use two versions, the game will not let you use the same player twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Besides the grind the biggest issue I have with MUT is I feel like everyone has the same team. EA comes out with new and improved cards weekly and everyone gets them. Then youtube'ers put out videos talking about how good x card Ian then everyone gets that one. Then you play the exact team make up over and over again. Seems like the only variety is people who just started van people who grind/buy packs.
Is this based on your experience playing, because I really don't see this? Yeah, these are all-star teams, but there is still a lot of variance.

Last edited by JayhawkerStL; 09-09-2017 at 01:42 AM.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:12 AM   #43
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
It doesn't. Even if you use two versions, the game will not let you use the same player twice.
That must be a new restriction, because I remember seeing a youtube video a few years ago where a guy put his second Warren Sapp on the line.

Even if you only get one, it's still not NFL football. To be honest MUT doesn't feel to me as though it is geared toward NFL fans; it feels geared toward Madden fans, and there is a difference between the two.

As I am sim to the core, even if they limit the number of Warren Sapps, the fact that you can have him, and it not be on the 2002 Bucs or something (along with John Lynch, Simeon Rice, Derrick Brooks, etc, and NOT with guys who weren't on that team), just kills it for me.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:03 PM   #44
Rookie

If we could truly build a team from scratch.. generic players, build stadium no nfl uniforms or players... i'd play it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »