Home

Madden NFL 18 Patch Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Patch Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2017, 04:48 PM   #401
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 18 Patch Available Now - Patch Notes Here

So after testing 14 more games with picking my own formation games instead of doing suggestion plays, here are my thoughts:

Keep in mind I'm in my 4th season as the Browns (who are now the London Knights).

1. Doesn't matter what I do, sack number are crazy high against CPU QB's. Myles Garrett is getting 1-3 a game now. I've played 14 CFM games and he's already at 28 sacks for the year. Still more games to play.

2. I have pretty good zone defense DB's AND outside LB's. A majority of the sacks aren't coming from man blitzes like OverStorm Brave. They're coming from when I only rush 4 guys and drop everyone else back into Cover 3 , Cover 4, or Tampa 2 coverage.

3. Zone coverage isn't really improved so much as it combined with the increased pass rush combined with good zone players is a problem. THAT is causing major issues for CPU QB's.

4. One game against the Packers I had Aaron Rodgers sacked 14 times by my side. FOURTEEN TIMES. He couldn't handle the rush and was trying to scramble, run, move, but Myles Garrett and one of my rookie DT's were absolutely destroying him. My entire line and LB's each got a sack atleast. Two CB's got a sack on those Corner blitzes also.

5. This game is badly broken.

Play more than just a few seasons and start building up your defense. You WILL destroy CPU QB's horribly.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 09-09-2017 at 04:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2017, 05:00 PM   #402
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Playing on the PS4, much smoother now.

Don't know if this is a bug or intended, and if patched has changed this, but in my CFM (pre-patch) all contracts are flat, not back loaded.

Guys under contract to start the CFM have flat cap hit until the final year which hikes up, but all new contracts have the same cap hit until the end.
Old 09-09-2017, 05:05 PM   #403
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Did the qb stats inflate due to this?
I think glennon had over 300+ but that's normal since they was behind and trying to catch up I won 41-28.

The cards game a closer game won 36-23....Palmer had like 289 yards....if it wasn't for turnovers they should of won.

I have cmp catch at 40 and also accuracy.... Palmer moved around and was throwing deep.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:32 PM   #404
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
So after testing 14 more games with picking my own formation games instead of doing suggestion plays, here are my thoughts:

Keep in mind I'm in my 4th season as the Browns (who are now the London Knights).

1. Doesn't matter what I do, sack number are crazy high against CPU QB's. Myles Garrett is getting 1-3 a game now. I've played 14 CFM games and he's already at 28 sacks for the year. Still more games to play.

2. I have pretty good zone defense DB's AND outside LB's. A majority of the sacks aren't coming from man blitzes like OverStorm Brave. They're coming from when I only rush 4 guys and drop everyone else back into Cover 3 , Cover 4, or Tampa 2 coverage.

3. Zone coverage isn't really improved so much as it combined with the increased pass rush combined with good zone players is a problem. THAT is causing major issues for CPU QB's.

4. One game against the Packers I had Aaron Rodgers sacked 14 times by my side. FOURTEEN TIMES. He couldn't handle the rush and was trying to scramble, run, move, but Myles Garrett and one of my rookie DT's were absolutely destroying him. My entire line and LB's each got a sack atleast. Two CB's got a sack on those Corner blitzes also.

5. This game is badly broken.

Play more than just a few seasons and start building up your defense. You WILL destroy CPU QB's horribly.
I really feel that the game plays differently cpu vs cpu vs user vs cpu.

Using JoshC's sliders user vs CPU, the game is not even in the same hemisphere of being broken. I understand it's frustrating to get the results you are getting.

After the hurricane goes through and normalcy returns to Florida, I'd tweet Clint and explain to him you are finding much different results in cpu vs cpu vs other people's results using user vs cpu.

There needs to be a reason/explanation why the game is playing different in different modes of play.

And I know you use JoshC's sliders to a T, but he has stated that these were never tested for CPU vs CPU or coach mode, so, results may vary.

Last edited by roadman; 09-09-2017 at 06:35 PM.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:48 PM   #405
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Using JoshC's sliders user vs CPU, the game is not even in the same hemisphere of being broken. I understand it's frustrating to get the results you are getting.

After the hurricane goes through and normalcy returns to Florida, I'd tweet Clint and explain to him you are finding much different results in cpu vs cpu vs other people's results using user vs cpu.

There needs to be a reason/explanation why the game is playing different in different modes of play.

And I know you use JoshC's sliders to a T, but he has stated that these were never tested for CPU vs CPU or coach mode, so, results may vary.
Yea I hear ya Road. Not sure why this is happening. And it's not really anywhere near as bad for me on offense. Like, I don't take anywhere close to sacks. It's all the CPU that is taking them. We'll see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2017, 07:21 PM   #406
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

All madden 9 min quarters and acc clock on 13 I'm having a blast

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Old 09-09-2017, 09:14 PM   #407
MVP

glenzariczny's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

I'm using Josh's sliders and between two teams there's 13 sacks in the first half. The game is a poop fest. I can't believe how bad the gameplay is which sucks because of all the graphic improvements, but it's a mess
MLS: Seattle Sounders FC
EPL: Manchester City FC
NHL: Dallas Stars

Follow along with all my franchises on Twitch!: https://www.twitch.tv/whiskeygamer27

Old 09-09-2017, 09:32 PM   #408
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Played another game

This time against ravens...

This was a lop sided win as I won 31-3...again turnovers in red zone cause the tides to turn 2 int's and lost fumble by flacco.

There was huge play that also changed game as flacco threw deep and Wallace caught it crossed goal line but was called incomplete pass??? He did bobble it but still had it when he crossed line. I even looked at replay and was shocked. But no replay challenge.

Had only 4 sacks in game...I like how it plays at 85 PB.

Flacco finished 17-25 176 yards no tds 2 ints lost fumble
Kizer was 23-33 2 tds 334 yards no ints.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »