Home

Another CFM rant

This is a discussion on Another CFM rant within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2017, 02:40 AM   #1
Rookie

kamagate's Arena

OVR: 1
Another CFM rant

First of, gameplay looks great and plays great. The developers have done a great job over the last few Maddens to improve the most important part of the game, the actual games. The same can't be said about CFM.

I have been playing Madden since 07 and I have never been this disappointed by the game. CFM is the same. It looks the same, it feels the same and it plays the same. They hardly touched it. And don' tell me about all the "tuning" they say they did, that is something you expect from a patch, not a new game. And for a mode that is bare bones already that can only mean one thing, they just don't care. I'm sure they have a ton of excuses but we have heard it all before. The proof is "in the game" and there is nothing there that tells me the developers really care about CFM. If they did, they would have done something to show us, and I just can't find anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2017, 03:25 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Another CFM rant

They do have excuses but they're really, really bad ones if you care about CFM. They shifted Madden resources to help with NBA Live's CFM and also had resources tied up in Longshot.

But yeah CFM is indistinguishable from last year's.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:32 AM   #3
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Its been virtually the same since the beginning in Madden 13. They dont care, plain and simple.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:11 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Even with resources being moved to things like Longshot and NBA Live (??) there is no excuse why they could not fix small things like players on my team still not showing up as league leaders, giving us a league history screen, showing team name on the career stats portion of the player card, etc

Those are all very small things that should have been done years ago
Old 09-10-2017, 10:30 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

The biggest insult about "resources being moved to NBA Live," is that NBA Live's franchise is crap. No CPU trades, it uses a week to week schedule instead of day-by-day schedule like every NBA videogame ever made, and it's a flat, busted mode with nothing special about it. I thought it would be challenging for EA to make a franchise mode worse than Madden's, and yet, here we are.

What really impresses me is that EA will not touch game modes, just release the same mode as last year, and somehow still introduce new bugs to it, like the SuperSim 35-yard extra point bug (which is why XP% in CFM games hovers around 50-70% for most kickers)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2017, 12:21 PM   #6
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

While it is the same, as you stated, the Most important part, the game play is spectacular.

For all the discredit you give because the function of CFM is unchanged, the gameplay and visuals far outweigh it.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:44 PM   #7
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
While it is the same, as you stated, the Most important part, the game play is spectacular.

For all the discredit you give because the function of CFM is unchanged, the gameplay and visuals far outweigh it.
No disrespect but I couldn't disagree with you more on this. Sure on field gameplay is OK, not perfect not even close. The problem is in order for CFM to be a viable playable mode it needs to have immersion. It needs something that pulls you in and keeps you playing. As it stands, it's the worst franchise mode possibly ever (not counting nba live) there is simply no innovation in this mode, no creativity, no life to it. The on field game simply can't make up for this.

All the improved on field play says to me, they care about h2h competitive play and MUT. Sim style/CFM gamers do not matter to them. We don't pay additional money after the game is out. So I guess from their perspective, why should they care? I don't blame the developers, I play the development managers and higher ups that have decided that we don't matter.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:54 PM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
No disrespect but I couldn't disagree with you more on this. Sure on field gameplay is OK, not perfect not even close. The problem is in order for CFM to be a viable playable mode it needs to have immersion. It needs something that pulls you in and keeps you playing. As it stands, it's the worst franchise mode possibly ever (not counting nba live) there is simply no innovation in this mode, no creativity, no life to it. The on field game simply can't make up for this.

All the improved on field play says to me, they care about h2h competitive play and MUT. Sim style/CFM gamers do not matter to them. We don't pay additional money after the game is out. So I guess from their perspective, why should they care? I don't blame the developers, I play the development managers and higher ups that have decided that we don't matter.
I agree that CFM needs to be significantly better and hopefully(how many years has that been said) it get's the attention it deserves next year.

However, 5 million buyers play this game differently than others. If franchise mode is a good immersion, I want it for the people that want more immersion, but I would set franchise mode on autopilot. My franchise mode happens in the games and in between the games. My games are already 1hr and 15 minutes in length, no way I want to personally spend more time in franchise mode.

More options is good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »